“Very satisfied when staying at Best Western in Diamond Bar.”

Best Western Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Diamond Bar
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very accomodating staff. Clean and comfortable rooms. Locations are always nearby freeways wich makes it easy to start one's journey the next day.
The lobby area is always clean and pleasent as you enter the hotel.a
The swimming pool always looks so inviting and very refreshing. The surrounding area is very private quiet and serene. Also very safe.
The hotel is conveniently near markets gas stations auto repair shops and various restaurants.
I Recommend Best Western to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It means so much to have earned your business. We appreciate the feedback regarding our staff and area. We hope to someday see you again to enjoy our Hotel and hospitality.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We arrived late and left early but I was impressed. First, it's conveniently located off the freeway. Checking in around 11 PM we were greeted with a very cheerful welcome. Our room was HUGE. Two queen beds, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc. It was a 2nd floor freeway-facing room, but we were not aware of freeway noise. The beds were comfortable (firm-ish). The shower pressure was strong and hot water plentiful. The towels were soft enough & not too skimpy. My small grumble was the limited TV channels.

Good breakfast. The room is light and spacious with many tables and both indoor and outdoor eating. Plentiful choices included bagels & cream cheese, pastries, muffins, toast, English muffins, make-your-own waffles, cereals, instant oatmeal, boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, and hot beverages & juices. (Tart green apples were the only fruit - I think bananas or oranges would have been better breakfast fruits.) The layout is good and there was never undue crowding though there were plenty of people having breakfast. The breakfast staff was very conscientious; she was in constant motion tidying up, cleaning, and keeping the breakfast items fully stocked.

The grounds around the pool are lush and attractive. Unfortunately we were there for too short a time to do more than sleep and eat and I cannot remark on this or other amenities. There are nearby restaurants, stores & gas stations and the area felt safe.

My one REAL gripe was at check-out when I noticed a small placard at the front desk bribing guests with a 10% discount off their next stay if they write a POSITIVE review on TripAdvisor. The only value TripAdvisor has in helping people decide where to go is if they can TRUST the reviews. Because of TripAdvisor I ended up at this excellent motel. But if I knew that the reviews were bought and paid for by inducements like this, then this will kill the very trust and thus the usefulness of the website that would otherwise be bringing them guests who base their decisions on honest non-bribed reviews. (I would have less of a problem if they gave a discount for ANY review - good or bad - but they specify only positive reviews are eligible for a discount). My review is positive, but I will NOT be bringing it to this hotel to get a discount on my next visit. I appeal to all TripAdvisor members to not fall for this bribery. If this becomes a wide-spread practice then TripAdvisor will be no more useful than a paid ad.

Room Tip: Request pool-facing rooms if you are sensitive to freeway noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate that you've taken the time to share with us regarding our staff and towels. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here on a business trip. The property is very well kept, the rooms are spacious and clean, and the hotel has easy access from the freeway.

As an extra bonus, there are restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our property and access. Please consider staying with us again so that we can have the opportunity to provide you with an even superior experience.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I reserved a night at this hotel on the B/W website; when I changed the dates of the reservation, apparently it just deleted it and I didn't know it. When I called to find the reservation at the hotel, they said they didn't have it. I still needed a place to stay, so I asked if I could reserve for the night. They said no, they couldn't do that, and that we needed to call the place that we made the reservation (even though it was bestwestern.com and not hotels.com/travelocity.com/etc.) and that they wouldn't make the reservation at all, all the while arguing with me about the reservation. I ended up calling the main Best Western office (the 800 number on the website) and making a reservation with them instead. Why would someone refuse to make a reservation, and then argue with the customer about it? To make matters worse, we had to stay there, but the bed was uncomfortable and our door never shut properly (and this was in their "executive suite" area). I will never be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Naomi L

Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional guest experience. Thank you for sharing with us about our bed and area. Please do come see us again.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I don't know how it ended up #2 in D Bar. We had a emergency home repairs done lately, we went through three hotels in the area: quality inn and suites, holiday inn, and this outfit here. worst ever! not only we are jacked on the price. the room is smelling and you can hear your next door having sex. don't bring your kids! shady people hanging around. I rather checking in a motel 6 before i end up in this dump again.

Room Tip: run! dont walk.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J W

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. We truly value you feedback with regards to our area and price. Through guest feedback like yours, we are better able to further improve guest experience for future visitors.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Compared to other BW hotels I stayed at, this one is average. The rooms are clean and spacious. TV's are dated (older models) no flat screens, furniture ok. Property well kept, onsite laundry, plenty of parking. Conveniently located with easy access to freeway, near supermarket, K-Mart, fast food, gas stations, etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jakee263

We have high standards of hospitality and service and we strive to give you the best experience at the best value. Thank you so much for the insight regarding our furniture and parking. We hope that you will return at a future date to be impressed by the improvements we have made.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Diamond Bar
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pomona
Best Western Plus Executive Inn
Best Western Plus Executive Inn
#1 of 2 in Rowland Heights

Been to Best Western Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!