“Excellent Staff”

Holiday Inn Select Diamond Bar
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Diamond Bar
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Upon check in, I had to wait a little bit because I checked in late night and there were only one staff present. That was not an issue. He helped me with my reservation and also helped me with all my questions. He even passed my requests to the staff of next morning which I appreciated. Received an upgrade for being priority club member. The room was excellent.

I have to give credit to the staffs. They were all very helpful. Even though the location is not that convenient but it's definitely on my return list.

The freeway wasn't that noisy. However if you are sensitive to sound, ask for a room not facing the freeway.

Room Tip: Freeway noise was not an issue for me. But if you are sensitive, ask for room facing opposite to fre...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Art B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Select Diamond Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thanks for staying with us, we hope to see you soon!

Art. B

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Select Diamond Bar

Reviewed November 4, 2012

the WORST hotel stay i've ever had. placed two of us with our two KIDS right above the event room on the second floor. blaring music and shaking walls until 12:30AM, even after 2 phone calls to the desk and a personal visit down to the manager. first said it will end at 11PM, which was a blatant lie, and it's live music so cant turn down, another lie...it was a DJ with speakers. i thought we checked into a hotel to sleep, not a nightclub for hispanics. this reservation was made through priceline. it's at worst, illegal bait and switch, and at best, deceptive practices advertising these rooms as somewhere one can actually sleep, like a HOTEL!

Room Tip: the toilet handle was just barely hanging on. had to pull/twist it in a weird way. extremely nast...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank molly h
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The only reason I did not give 5 stars is because this hotel is unfortunately located right beside the loud, busy freeway; and I wish they would have provided breakfast. However, when the sliding door to the balcony (the little balcony outside the room is SO COOL by the way!) is closed, the noise did not bother me much and I was used to it after a few hours. Although the freeway is right there, I actually like the location of this hotel because it is so easy to get anywhere. It is very close to many attractions of SoCal, so there are countless things to do to keep you busy. The hotel is very nice and clean and the staff is VERY accomodating. I would stay here again anytime i return to the L.A./San Diego area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The only drawback is that they don't offer any breakfast. The swimming pool was a little dirty with some debris floating in it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Got a good price from Hotwire for $70/night. The hotel was nice from the appearance but the room is really in bad shape. The toilet doesn't work , water in sink and bath tub doesn't go down.I had to call maintenance to come and try to fix it. It was bad and the guy did the best he could, the toilet still take time to "flush" down...we had three people in the room,and I had to listen to the complains from other two friends...it was gross.

Oh and the two beds are full size and not queen beds.If you have 3-4 people in that room, so it would be very crowded. And we killed a big spider.... Anyway, I could have extended the stay with the same room rate, but we just couldn't wait to leave.

Anyway, stay away. It's an old property and it's poor maintained. The front desks were friendly, but I would not want to deal with the toilet problem during my vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had to stay at this hotel because I was doing business in an office on the other side of the road for a couple of days. But I would not choose to stay here for any other reason. Luckily, my room overlooked the car park rather than the very noisy freeway close by on the other side. The lobby, restaurant and public areas all need smartening up. I had dinner with my client on the terrace of the hotel restaurant on the first night. Big mistake. Our food was poor (a rubbery steak smothered in something unpleasant in my case), the place stank of cigarette smoke and the noise from the nearby freeway intruded. We went to a restaurant 10 minutes drive away for the second night. The choice and quality of food at breakfast was limited and poor respectively. Surely a hotel in California could have some decent fruit juices. The only bread available was some tasteless sliced stuff. I am really glad I was not paying for this hotel myself.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, insist on a room on the car park side.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Diamond Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Molepolole,

As always we are glad to read feedback from one of our valued guests. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the noise and most especially with the food that was served in the restaurant. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel has really good service and the staff are extremely helpful. The food in the restaurant is also pretty good.

However, the location is awful!! Be prepared to hear the freeway all night long as the hotel is just metres away from it. The room, although comfortable, was dark and unappealing, kind of like being in a cave. The swimming pool is tiny and due to the heat, the water very very hot. The nearest places to eat (McDonalds) were a 20-30 minute walk.

Not somewhere I would recommend unless you have no other option.

• Stayed: August 2012
Pacific Palms Resort
#1 of 1 in City of Industry
Quality Inn & Suites Walnut
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pomona

Been to Holiday Inn Select Diamond Bar? Share your experiences!