“Good food, great price”

Good for: Families with children
Kelowna, Canada
“Good food, great price”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

my husband and I went here because we read reviews on tripadvisor. we were not quite sure how the special worked it seemed to good to be true, $5 for tea, soup, egg roll, fried or steamed rice and one choice of many different items. we ended up ordering 3 meals, one with broccoli and beef, one with sweet and sour pork and one with chow mein. the server said it was a lot of food and she was right. that was okay we took the left overs home and had chow mein and fried rice with our next meal. I will be going back with our friends, just order one meal per person it is lots of food.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Chester H R

San Diego, CA
“No disappointments here!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Up to now, we were traveling to Palm Springs for Chinese food, when all the time the BEST was here in DHS. The food had fresh flavors ang the portions were large. Prices were inexpensive; 3 of us for under $50 with drinks! The staff was personable; smile and it gets even better. I would definitely recommend Kam Lun in Desert Hot Springs. It' off the main road on 8th Street just East of Palm. Ching Ching!
JP

• Visited January 2014
Palm Springs, California
“Good Chinese Food, Inexpensive and Great Portions”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Off the main beat, but well worth the drive. Their menu is varied, their portions large and their quality is surprisingly good.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Arnie N
San Diego, California
“Awesome food”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The place definitely will not appear on the cover of Interior Design, but their food deserves a Michelin star. This place was the highlight of out not so nice stay in Desert Hot Springs!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank JvDam
Yorba Linda, California
“Lots of food”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Try smiling and say hello to the servers it's amazing how much better service you get. The appetizers that traditionally you get with Chinese food is a little different . the shrimp is the norm and actually very good . the egg rolls were a disappointment. The empanadas.? Hmm Chinese. These were a little weird and un conventional. Also a disappointment.
My wife got the Bar b que pork egg foo young . Egg mixed with vegetables covered with onions and generous slices of bar b que pork and sort of a thick gummy brown sauce. It was a lot of food not great but not bad either. I got the chicken lo mein . I liked it for the volume of food and the sauce was better than I've had at a lot of Chinese restaurants. Also more chicken than the norm. Keep in mind this is desert hot springs not exactly a gourmet haven. I feel a little weird reviewing this type of restaurant . I feel for the hard work that the staff puts into chopping , and cooking the food . You get more than you pay for with the amount of food. It s the kind of place that if you would go to because you want Chinese food . Not because you want good food . If that makes sense. I would go back again. But not sure I would run back.

• Visited September 2013