“GREAT MEXICAN FOOD”
Review of El Matador

El Matador
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We loved this place with the music playing in the background, spacious clean and prompt and attentive service, we had some great nachos and margaritas and at very good price and took along dinner for later since we were staying at the beauful BELLA MONTE SPA AND RESORT.

1  Thank Alma R

Reviewed December 4, 2010

We went with my grandparents for dinner and my grandmother is rather sensitive to spice, while my grandfather loves it! The waitress was extremely helpful in helping them select meals they would enjoy and my fiancee and I both enjoyed our meals as well.

I would HIGHLY recommend the fajitas! Healthy and plenty of them!

Reviewed May 26, 2009

I have been to El Matador on numerous occasions with my family. It was a day like no other, stopping in to grab a bite with my mother. All I could hear in the background was the waitress talking away on the telephone. As our food came, she gave the wrong order to my mother, she insisted that they could make it again, we said no and would like our money back for that plate. She brought the money back but did not apologize for her mistake. My mother being very upset, made some comments about the waitress, after negleting us the entire time, came over after she heard on of these comments and told us to leave. I think this was very inappropriate of this waitress to behave herself in such a manner. Who is she to tell my mother and I what we may or may not discuss at our own table....We are paying customers. I asked to speak with her manager and she responded, I am. I told her she needed to have more respect for her customers and she continued to point to the door. Nonetheless, I think she was very unprofessional. I would not dine in this restaurant anymore, and would not reccomend it to anyone.

1  Thank marissa89
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Desert Hot Springs, California
Reviewed August 6, 2008

El Matador is a fantastic place that serves tasty food in good-sized portions for a reasonable price!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 10, 2007

My husband and I started going to El Matador about 5 years ago when we invested in multi-family properties in DHS. We dared each other to eat at this restaurant, since it looks like a real hole in the wall off of Palm Dr. To our surprise there were Calidillac Escalades and Mercedes parked in the driveway!

We have tried many of the tourest trap Mexican restaurants in Palm Springs and Palm Desert, but we continue to return to El Matador.

It has zero atmosphere and ambience, but they more than make up for it in the price and quality of their meals, as well as there pleasant, unobtrusive and timely service.

They also have a full bar if that is what you desire, but we prefer to have their meals with Negra Modelo!

The taco was very juicy and flavorful and the cheese enchilada is very cheesy. We also ordered a side of guacamole that was moist and tasty and and extremely generous portion. I also prefer to substitute refried beans with black beans. Both varieties are delicious.

I have attached a picture of the menu that shows the wonderful value of a decent meal in the desert. Many other places are a pure rip off due to their locations!

Please don't be afraid, you will not be disappointed.

5  Thank lestoby