“All I have to say is BEDBUGS”

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Dirty rooms after the maid had cleaned them there was trash everywhere. The mattresses were lumpy and I woke up with bedbug bites all over me. When i complained to the house keeping manager this big woman told me that I was wrong and that i must have had the bites before i arrived. WRONG. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone traveling.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank 1totravel2
Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed September 15, 2009

We travel alot and stay in many hotels world wide. We liked the idea of staying in a mineral hot springs resort for the healing properties of the water...which ok we'll give them credit for that- the water is amazing- that's it. The rooms are just ok- the service not so ok. here's what happened- we were laying by the pool and the desert winds kicked up and took our room cards (keys) with it...we couldn't find them-when we went went to check out they tried to charge us $50 to "RE-KEY" the room??? (time to get a new key system) Then we ordered food from the restaraunt our orders were all wrong. we expressed our dissapointment to the front desk and they just said "we're sorry there's nothing we can do" that's something a hotel should never say to guests. we will not return and suggest all of you select another property.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank mikeyndiana
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Can't recall the exact month we were there last (April, '09 or so), but I had accidentally booked a mini-suite, when I meant to book the full suite (which has 1 full bedroom) since we have 3 children ages 9 and younger. We realized our error when we went to our room, so I called to the front desk and the man at the front desk was very accommodating. He even offered to give us the full suite at the mini-suite rate, which we gladly accepted. Yes, the restaurant is slow, but it helps if you get there early, which means around 4:30 for dinner. And the food is good with very reasonable prices, and the waiters/waitresses are always very nice.
We really appreciate the family (not "party") atmosphere. It is always nice to see so many husband and wife families, especially after visiting the local street fair in Palm Springs, which is not so family-friendly.
We also looove the view of Mt. San Jacinto from the pools! Absolutely beautiful!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2009

hotel location near mountains in Desert Hot Springs. Hotel itself is clean, rooms were spacious, staff very pleasant and courteous. Pool spa areas well kept and landscaped. We went on a holiday weekend so place was full...but we had no issues with kids or noise around pool spa areas. Hotel corridors were quiet. We did not try eating in hotel so cannot comment on food. Locally i'd suggest travelling to Rancho Mirage / Palm Springs area for restuarants of all types. Thats about 15-20 drive. We had a very pleasant weekend

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We arrived here New Years day. Not the best place I have stayed and not the worst. The best thing about this place is the pool and hot tubs. They are open 24 hours a day. This hotel is very run down . It is very moldy as well.
Beware allergy sufferers.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank MIZZZT
Reviewed April 24, 2009

Ok first of all I should have read the warning here, but I didnt know about it. Stupid of me. No one at the front desk willing to help me and we were afraid to leave our things in the room. I did some research on the town I was staying in.... not only is the town crime ridden, but the police department too? Do a little research before staying in this town period!
I even asked a server at a restaurant in Palm Springs about Miracle Springs and they said that they wouldn't stay there because it was in Desperate Hot Springs. They told me it was a bad neighborhood and the place has a bad reputation. We returned and left the keys in the room, since it was the middle of the week I didn't care that we lost the money for our room that was charged in advance?????

EWWW. room was nasty, people were sketchy, town is low income & corrupt.

Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank myfamily3
Reviewed April 18, 2009

We paid $112 + tax for a king mini-suite with a mountain view. From our room facing west, we had a fabulous view of two snow-capped mountains, away from the pool noise. Pool-side is what it is; so is parking-lot view. (Also, the view is not so great from the larger "mountain view" rooms facing south.) The staff are wonderful. We requested a DVD, which was not included in our room amenities, but they found one for us; when it didn't work, they went out and bought one. Room service was quick; restaurant service was not so fast, but the food was very good. Any little problem, they're on it -- sauna cooled down, so they turned it up; neighbors were loud, so they turned them down. I will be back!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family