My family of 5 stayed at this resort last weekend and I must say that it is just ok. Nothing really stood out.
If you are a clean freak, you will not like these rooms. My first impression was opening the bedside drawer to find literally DIRT in the drawer, like someone had thrown their dirty shoes in there and the maids never cleaned it. Also, behind the couch were dried old leaves and debris, gross. None of the corners in this room were cleaned in years. Behind the bedside table was years of dust and debris.
The rooms look "tired" and old. They were serviceable, but usually you go on vacation to get a room that is nicer than what you have at home and this was definitely not.
To give them credit, they have updated all the TV's to flat screens. But that is the only thing updated. The bedside telephone was one of 80's vintage. The bathrooms were again, serviceable, but nothing fancy. Plain white tile with tiled countertops that were in need of deep cleaning.
Let's just say that we didn't feel like laying in these beds from what we saw at first glance. But we had to, and the beds were pretty good. There were plenty of extra pillows. The couch was a soggy old couch and dirty looking, not sure what germs may have been creeping in it.
The pool areas were quite decent and there were many of them, open 24 hours. I witnessed the pool guy cleaning them on Sat. morning, but again, the pool is old and the bottom still looks dirty regardless.
The towels were all very thin and scratchy. I think the manager said in one of his replies that he runs to Costco all the time to buy new white fluffy towels but we only saw one of them in the bunch. The front desk lady actually handed me the pool towels with an apology!! She said, sorry, we have some better ones being washed right now. As in, this is all we have, so sorry it is crappy.
The clientele were of all kinds of nationalities, Russian, Middle Eastern, Hispanic, etc. I tried talking to some of them, but they couldn't understand me. Somewhat of a melting pot of people.
There are no major restaurants nearby so I ventured out by myself to the nearest State Bros. and that also was an adventure in diversity. There were some quite weird characters in there and I didn't feel safe, so I wouldn't suggest going alone. And I work in a metropolitan downtown so I've seen everything, but this really took the cake. It's kind of a weird town to be honest.
I think this hotel was really hot and happening in the late 80's /early 90's but as of now, it is just being run as marginally as possible. I think if you want to call yourself a "resort and spa" then the standards should be higher. If this was a Super 8, then sure, fine the lack of ambiance would be expected, but a "resort" ususally has much better standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miracle Springs Resort & Spa presents an array of elegant spa therapies and beauty treatments in a relaxing hot springs resort environment with spectacular mountain views and miraculous healing waters. 110 large rooms and suites surround a lushly landscaped acre of 8 natural hot mineral water pools and Jacuzzis open 24 hours. Poolside and mini-suite rooms have private patios with easy access to the pools. Balconied rooms overlook the pool courtyard and mountain view rooms enjoy a spectacular view of the San Jacintos. 4 Vacation Villas are fully furnished 3-bedroom homes adjacent to the resort with easy access to all hotel services. Enjoy fine indoor & outdoor dining at The Capri Restaurant & Bar. Miracle Springs Resort & Spa is the perfect weekend escape from LA or a gorgeous venue for your wedding, corporate event or banquet, or group retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Miracle Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Miracle Springs Desert Hot
- Miracle Springs Resort And Spa Desert Hot Springs, CA - California Desert