“They are half way there.......”

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My family of 5 stayed at this resort last weekend and I must say that it is just ok. Nothing really stood out.
If you are a clean freak, you will not like these rooms. My first impression was opening the bedside drawer to find literally DIRT in the drawer, like someone had thrown their dirty shoes in there and the maids never cleaned it. Also, behind the couch were dried old leaves and debris, gross. None of the corners in this room were cleaned in years. Behind the bedside table was years of dust and debris.
The rooms look "tired" and old. They were serviceable, but usually you go on vacation to get a room that is nicer than what you have at home and this was definitely not.
To give them credit, they have updated all the TV's to flat screens. But that is the only thing updated. The bedside telephone was one of 80's vintage. The bathrooms were again, serviceable, but nothing fancy. Plain white tile with tiled countertops that were in need of deep cleaning.
Let's just say that we didn't feel like laying in these beds from what we saw at first glance. But we had to, and the beds were pretty good. There were plenty of extra pillows. The couch was a soggy old couch and dirty looking, not sure what germs may have been creeping in it.
The pool areas were quite decent and there were many of them, open 24 hours. I witnessed the pool guy cleaning them on Sat. morning, but again, the pool is old and the bottom still looks dirty regardless.
The towels were all very thin and scratchy. I think the manager said in one of his replies that he runs to Costco all the time to buy new white fluffy towels but we only saw one of them in the bunch. The front desk lady actually handed me the pool towels with an apology!! She said, sorry, we have some better ones being washed right now. As in, this is all we have, so sorry it is crappy.
The clientele were of all kinds of nationalities, Russian, Middle Eastern, Hispanic, etc. I tried talking to some of them, but they couldn't understand me. Somewhat of a melting pot of people.
There are no major restaurants nearby so I ventured out by myself to the nearest State Bros. and that also was an adventure in diversity. There were some quite weird characters in there and I didn't feel safe, so I wouldn't suggest going alone. And I work in a metropolitan downtown so I've seen everything, but this really took the cake. It's kind of a weird town to be honest.
I think this hotel was really hot and happening in the late 80's /early 90's but as of now, it is just being run as marginally as possible. I think if you want to call yourself a "resort and spa" then the standards should be higher. If this was a Super 8, then sure, fine the lack of ambiance would be expected, but a "resort" ususally has much better standards.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the 24 hour pool area if you want to get some rest.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thanks leaving your feedback. We are a AAA 3 diamond property with spacious room accommodations and we strive for the highest standard in clean and comfortable rooms. This is one of the most important parts of the hotel business and we work diligently to provide consistency. It seems in your instance we fell short of that standard, and I am genuinely disappointed when this is the case. We share review feedback and use it as an opportunity to improve.

The true beauty of our resort is our 8 hot mineral water hot spas, open 24 hours as you mentioned. The mineral water is silky smooth and when you get out of the water your skin feels great, like you just had a massage. We are lucky enough to have some of the world's highest quality hot mineral water, which is why we draw such a diverse group of clientele with worldwide nationalities.

The hotel opened in 1995 and was last fully renovated in 2008. We are in the late planning stages of re-positioning the property for a new life cycle, which is very exciting. Thanks again for the feedback.

Reggie B

Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed May 5, 2014

To whom it may concern:

In a recent overnight stay at Miracle Springs we experienced what I can only describe as a complete service meltdown. My wife, son and I tried the hotel’s new restaurant, Capri, “what a HUGE mistake”. Both our dinner and the following days breakfast was horrid, not the food so much but the incredible lack of basic service!

It took 2.5 hours for a simple Italian dinners, just pasta's mind you in a restaurant that was almost empty. The dinner time servers seem more intent serving a group of young ladies on the patio then the hotel guests. The real topper was the following morning when my wife and I went for breakfast, the greeter met us and escorted us to a table for two and said, “here you go”, then walked away. Amazingly she took us to table for two that only had one chair, one place setting and she just walked away! 30 minutes later, with not so much as hello can we get you coffee or anything else we flagged down the so call manager, who promptly told said, "complain to the front desk if we were not satisfied with the service." Satisfied, are you kidding me....

Just three inside tables were occupied with guests and darn near every other table was filthy from previous guests having breakfast, which is how these tables stayed the entire time we were awaiting our breakfast, almost two hours for Lox & Bagels and they never even offered a refill of my coffee during this entire time. Heck we had to even wait 20 minutes after we finished just to get the bill.

During this time the restaurant manager told other guests to use the restaurant next door, or the wait time would be 45 minutes to and hour, the look upon those guests faces when they looked out into an empty restaurant was simply astounding. This was a very nice hotel but if you expect service in their restaurant well you might as well stay at a Motel 6. To make matters worse when we asked for a delayed checkout to compensate for the nearly 4.5 hours spent in their restaurant the desk clear said sorry we are 100% booked even though there were room available on line. I guess she had no time to listen or care about a guest concern. Check in at 4pm we check out at 11 am so we were able to spend a total of 19 hours at this resort, almost 5 of them awaiting service at their restaurant, what a waste...

This is our last stay at this resort, sadly my wife and I have stayed there more than 50 nights and recommended countless friend and family, owners really need to focus their attention on how this property is being managed.

Room Tip: Stay at a hotel that has basic customer service.....
1  Thank Larry V
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

I'm glad I got to hear your feedback because that level of customer service is completely unacceptable and well below our standards.

As management, and ownership, we need to identify issues and resolve them quickly. So I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We are a family run business, myself and my parents, and we are extremely concerned to read a review like this. I have already forwarded your comments along to ownership and restaurant management.

I'd love to chat with you briefly about the details of your stay. If you're inclined email me at reggieb@miraclesprings.com. We very much appreciate that you've been a guest of ours for a while and we want to do everything we can from a service standpoint to provide a relaxing and enjoyable stay. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,
Reggie

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had stayed at Miracle Springs before and enjoyed it, but this time it was even better. The Capri Restaurant was a step up from the previous restaurant. Some friends stayed at a top-rated boutique spa, but they regretted their decision when they visited us. The pool area is lovely, and there are a variety of temperatures to choose from. The palm trees usually provide some shade for parts of the pools during the day for the sun-sensitive. Our friends paid more than $100 per night more and got less.

Room Tip: The mountain-view rooms are less expensive and quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Thanks for your business and positive review! We are pleased that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Initially, there was a small mix-up when I came during the check-in time because the person that I had booked over the phone with had mispelled my last name by one letter, so I never got my confirmation number via e-mail (since my email is my name), but luckily, I had a very kind and pleasant gentleman help me clear everything up. He was very light-hearted and entertaining through the entire experience and serviced my every need. He bumped me to the best villa available (Villa 4) and gave me a discount in the price. He was also was so kind enough to give me a free drink ticket for all the trouble.

My company and I made our way into the Villa and totally fell in love with the space and the amenities. We had a group of 12 people and there was still room for more guests to stay, hang out, whatever. I had such a fun and relaxing time there. Definitely would recommend this resort (especially the Villas) to anyone who is looking for a house to enjoy while still getting all the full amenities of the mineral spas at the resort.

Thank you so much, Miracle Springs!!

Room Tip: If you have a big party, definitely go for Villa 4. It's a big house with its our Jacuzzi!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your business and positive review! I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay in Villa 4. Customer satisfaction is one of our highest priorities. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

The resort sits high overlooking Palm Springs and the mountains to the west. Very nice and helpful staff. We changed rooms to a pool view for a small up-charge. The pools were all as advertised and had enough temperature variations to suit our moods at anytime of day or evening. The restaurant was very good and convenient. I would recommend this wonderful resort.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimaptos
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thanks for the great review! So glad you had a nice stay and soak in the pools!

Hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Some of the jacuzzi pools were not clean. The night attendant at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The carpet in some areas needs to be replaced. This is our second time staying at this hotel. This also was our 16 years wedding anniversary Desert Hot Springs vacation. Our key to our room was deactivated in the morning and I asked a maid for help. She opened the door to the room without checking that it was our room. This is a big problem for security of guest items in the room. I expected her to call the front desk for me and have someone else open the door. I recommend the management have a meeting with the maids to eliminate this problem. It was very nice of the maid to be helpful but this is a big problem. Also its very easy for non-guests to gain access to the pool , jacuzzis and the rooms through the side door.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the 4 stars! Glad you enjoyed your stay, and I appreciate bringing the housekeeping access to our attention. I'll make sure to reiterate to the housekeeping team that they must verify last names (they carry a sheet with all guest names and room numbers).

We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I will make my review short and sweet.

Pro
- a lots of jacuzzi pools- 8 of them with all different temp and all of them clean except the big main pool.
- Pools are open 24hr/all of them - either warm or hot (Love it! since I was swimming at night too)
- easy parking and easy access to pool
- friendly staffs.
- Comfortable bed

Cons
- Main pool was dirty - they should least vacuum the floor once a while and also least fix some of cracks.
- Not close to any good restaurants.

I will go back if they will do something about the main pools.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jclovetravel
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thanks for your review. And we are planning to tile the main pool this summer! We are also going to install under water sound system! It should give it a really cool look.

Come back soon!