“Great but Missing Attention to Detail”

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The refrigerator in both our room and our daughter's froze our food, making it inedible.

The first night we were there the bartender was very unfriendly and downright grouchy. We wondered if his girlfriend had just broken up with him or something like that.

The next morning service for breakfast was incredibly slow.

Why not just have towels out at the pool like most resorts instead of having to go to the front desk?

Other than that, we love the pools and our rooms were just fine.

Room Tip: Rooms facing mountain are quiet. But rooms too expensive on a holiday weekend.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for your review of our staff and services. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay overall and gave us a 4 star rating. Soaking in the numerous hot mineral water pools certainly takes your mind a million miles away from home and routine life.

I'm sorry we weren't on our game in terms of expedient service and a friendly touch at the bar. Our bar tender is a pleasant gentleman and I will look into what might have been the issue.

We look forward to having you back soon!

Reggie B

Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have to say I was surprised with your staff from the very beginning. First, we stood at the counter (that no one appeared to be attending) for about 5 minutes without acknowledgement from all the staff walking by. Finally we went to the other counter to ask for assistance and it appeared we were in the wrong building. When we got to the correct counter in the correct building, we were greeted by a staff who was clearly put off with having to help us. We tried to get explanation on services provided and were rushed through the process and told to check in at (yet another) counter. When we get to THAT one she seemed confused on why we were checking in there and told us it was usually the other way around. We then were to to come back 10 minutes prior to our appointments (which we were fine with). Upon our second arrival, the cosmetologist I went to was kind and courteous but I wasn't overly impressed with the services I received. My husband on the other hand had a different experience. His technician was nice as well, but clearly didn't want to be there. He felt rushed through his procedure and what he did get to enjoy was drowned out by all the conversations in the hallway and the clanging next door. He said it sounded like he was next to their lunchroom. For what was supposed to be a relaxing experience, we left disappointed. Although SOME of the staff was kind, we will not be returning for anymore services and clear lack of customer service.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank G2bandg2me
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

I am very sorry that you didn't feel the relaxation that should be customary with any trip to our hot mineral water resort and spa. Clearly, feeling hurried and not being given proper attention from the staff can derail the experience in some ways. I am so sorry that this overshadowed the great team we have here and the true unique aspects of our hot mineral water oasis.

As with any proper training, we will use your review as an opportunity to reinforce our customer service standards. Feel free to be in contact with me personally at reggieb@miraclesprings.com to follow up or for future arrangements.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Is it the best? maybe not but we go back 5 or six times a year. Great staff, good rooms, fantastic Spa, 24 hours pools (7 hot pools), incrdible view of San Jacinto, Concepcion and Darryl are phenomenal in the SPA. Stanley at the front desk really gets it with his guests.

Room Tip: Sunrise in a mineral pool is special. Ask for Cocepcion or Darryl if you want an incredible Spa exp...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

As I have said in many reviews of past, customer service is always the most rewarding compliment! As Director of Marketing, I really appreciate concise comments that capture our experience, so nice I'll say it twice.

"Great staff, good rooms, fantastic Spa, 24 hours pools (7 hot pools), incredible view of San Jacinto, Concepcion and Darryl are phenomenal in the SPA. Stanley at the front desk really gets it with his guests."

Reviewed February 9, 2014

In need of a respite from “coastal living,” my mother and I headed to the desert for a few days. Upon a friend’s recommendation, we booked 3 nights at Miracle Hot Springs Resort in the town of Desert Hot Springs, just a few miles, and decades removed from très très hip Palm Springs.
The family oriented spa is steeped in the 70s (though it was built in 1994!) , from its comfortable and unassuming décor, to its restaurant featuring 14-ounce sirloin steaks, avocados stuffed with a mouth-watering crab meat mixture, and even three-bean salad.

The windy February weather didn’t keep me from trying all five of the spa’s hot pool, the largest kept at an even 85 degrees. Five smaller pools and Jacuzzis range from 94 to 104 degrees. Enough to keep you immersed for the whole day!

Sunday brunch appears to be as popular with the multi cultural families staying at the hotel as it is with locals. Thus, the service slows down to a craaaaawl, though the overworked staff tries its best to accommodate the crowd. Make reservations to avoid a long wait for an enormous stuffed croissant or delicious Eggs Benedict.

Special mention of Stanley, the most friendly and knowledgeable check in clerk I have encountered in my travels..

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room, a bit more expensive, but with immediate access to pools.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Nick S, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your compliments to the staff!! Sounds like you took full advantage of our 8 hot mineral pools and spas!! I agree that the food is delicious for dinner and breakfast, but I'm sorry that things ran a little slow at your brunch. We sure would have loved to earn your 5th star. I will pass you compliments along to Stanley, and see what we can do to add more staff to our Sunday Brunches. I hope you come see us again soon!

Nick S

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Hotel and room were ok nothing special. Bathrooms faucets our old and need updating. Staff was very friendly at Capri restaurant in am. Capri restaurant closes at 9 pm very poor service.i
We went to spa hotels tour in desert hot springs , was a real disorganized mess. The after tour reception was held at miracle springs hotel and it was a very poorly run . Room was to small , lunch was a F. If your going to have people pay $40.00 each for a spa tour make it a event to be remembered not a gong show

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for leaving your input on the Spa Tour event. The event is put on and organized by the Desert Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce, and I'm sorry to hear that you feel they didn't do a better job. I was present at the entire event, and from what I could tell, everyone was having a great time. I hope next time you get a chance to soak in our world famous hot mineral water.

Nick S

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had a family stay at Miracle Springs, JAn 26-28,2014,Horrible stay, First it took one hour to finally check us in, they had only one key and that key did not work and we had to go back to Front Desk to solve the problem, it took another 30 min, Michaela at the Front Desk was very rude to us,although there was Stanley who eventually helped us out and got us another room, Stanley was the only one normal, helpful and professional employee at the Front Desk. After that we had a problem with shower, no hot water, and we had to ask key from closest room to be able to take a shower, it was huge inconvenience. Overall our stay was horrible, we did not enjoy at all.We left a note for the Front Desk Supervisor Nick, who never called us back. I am a former Front Desk employee and i know there is absolutely noway to treat guests like that! I will not go back and wont recommend to my friend.I will also consider if the Hotel reacts to this review and will try to reimburse somehow our inconvenience, if so, I will go ahead and leave another review and tell you, my friends, how everything ended...

Room Tip: not 137, no Hot water
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Tiffany r
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Hi Tiffany, I'm so sorry about the issues you recounted. We have an entirely new dynamic lock system being installed presently, and due to an unanticipated snafu in the installation, we are running low on keys and were issuing 1 or 2 per room. I am very sorry it hampered your smooth check in. It should be resolved prior the week of Feb 10th.

Interestingly enough, we use the underground hot mineral water for all of the shower water on property. A true hot mineral water experience!! Hot water issues could be operator error, but since you left your room # for us we will investigate and consider using better H-C signage.

Customer service is what we take the most pride in when we are complemented, and conversely it's the most powerful criticism. I think our reviews indicate that the majority of our guests give us top ranks for customer service, and I am so sorry that wasn't your experience. At least you got some of Stanley's light. We would love to show you our best foot forward.. I get the feeling you will want more sun and spa relaxation this spring:) Come back Tiffany! I can be reached personally at reggieb@miraclesprings.com for priority accommodations.

Ownership

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My wife and I spent the week of 1/26/2014 at the Miracle Springs Hotel and Spa as part of the Touring Friends group. The room was spacious, clean and quite comfortable and service was quite good. I particularly wish to commend the staff member, Heather Carter, who went out of her way to enable us to visit sights when transportation was otherwise not available. Our stay was quite enjoyable and we certainly would stay there again if we are in the area.

Israel Nissenbaum

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Israel,

Thank you for your compliments and I will pass the along to Heather and the rest of the staff. We thoroughly enjoyed hosted your group. We look forward to having you back next year :)