“Just what I needed...”

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Los Angeles, California
“Just what I needed...”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Miracle Springs Hotel and Spa always fits the bill, and then some. Whether you are coming to 'take the waters' for a day or stay awhile, this hotel is exactly what it needs to be. I have been enjoying this place and it's outstanding mineral water pools for several years now. Reggie was wonderful booking my last visit a week ago, at quite a value for the price. The hotel may seem dated in it's appointments, but it is clean, well maintained and the staff is friendly and professional. The rooms are comfortable and offer nice amenities, but the real star of your stay is the water, the water, oh that amazing mineral water! Though it can get crowded with the day use crowd and their kids, the property is nothing short of magical when the sun goes down... The lovely landscaping and pools are lit beautifully, and the water always beckons. The pools are open for guests 24 hours, what a treat, take advantage! Star gaze as you soak.... Be sure to hydrate, keep water with you to healthfully enjoy the weather and pools fully. These are special healing waters indeed. Be sure to read up on their ancient history. You will feel their healing powers, even after just one soak. Their on-site restaurant is decent, and there is a plethora of food options nearby, but if you get as relaxed as I do in that miracle water, you won't want to venture far. (Stop at Hadley's on the way in and nosh on their many healthy treats, or venture nearby to any of the sister desert cities for your culinary cravings. La Perlita in Palm Springs was a delicious choice for lunch on our way out. Be sure to try their specialty: the chile rellenos.) The hotel's mini suites are adequate for minimal food storage and prep. Whether you are traveling alone, with family, friends, or your significant other, Miracle Springs really does fit the bill. Poolside rooms are convenient, but consider the mountain view rooms as well, for added privacy and value. Nice surroundings, amazing water!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are convenient, mountain view rooms offer more privacy and value. You won't go w...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
hi pbs,

do you work for 1 of the public broadcasting stations in so. cal? thank you so much for the wonderful review! it appears that you are a writer...nice job. we look forward to your future visits. I have already copied reggie on your review...thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Korean first
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you are thinking about staying at their sister property next door, I recommend you stay here instead. This place is so much nicer for just a little bit more money. Trust me! I wish I had known about Miracle Springs sooner. See my review of DHS Spa Hotel more info.

Anyway, Miracle Springs Hotel and Spa features:

-Large pool deck with gigantic swimming pool and many different hot mineral pools.

-24 hour access to pools as a hotel guest. Excellent!

-Well-kept grounds and pool deck.

-Big, spacious, rooms. Clean too. Could use some updating though.

-Fridge in room, very convenient.

-No resort fee, free parking, and free wifi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you Frank!
Dana Point, California
Reviewed September 25, 2013

It had been several years since our last visit to Miracle Springs. Our previous stay had been disappointing. We had been patrons there for many years and always highly recommended it. At our previous stay, service and quality at the Chuckawalla restaurant had been poor (server just ignored us). Bugs in our room elicited a staff response of - "Yeah, that happens." Dissatisfied, we found other places for rest and relaxation. September 22/23 2013 we decided to give what had been one of our favorite getaways another try. Staff could not have been more attentive and efficient. Capri has taken over the restaurant, and the service and food was once again excellent. The spa continues to provide high quality treatments at reasonable prices. It appears that someone with high quality hospitality experience has taken the reins and - -once again made Miracle Springs a quality destination. We approve and it is back on our list of favorite places.

Room Tip: It just depends on your needs. Rooms (upper or lower) facing the parking lot are a bargain if you p...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Arascal, thank you so much for your fine review. Yes, we continue to strive for excellence in our customer service. It is long-term guests like you that enable us to continually upgrade Miracle Springs and serve you with the best vacation experience possible!
anaheim
Reviewed September 24, 2013

WE had an awesome time. The reservation staff checked us in quickly and gave us understandable direction. They assisted us in upgrading our room for a minimum fee. The pools were gorgeous in the moonlight and so fun in the day with the kids and grandbaby. The spa staff checked us in quickly and we had 5 treatments scheduled and they were all good. Everything went off without a hitch for us. My sister had stayed previously and we've decided to make it an annual event.

Room Tip: double queen mini suite is roomy and comfortable. Mountain view room had a great view of the sun.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for the great review yayrocks. we really appreciate your business, and would like you to come out her twice a year! thank you again!
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The pool side room was very nice. While the many pools and grounds were taken care of well on a daily basis, the main pool bottom and sides are in bad need of refinishing. They do not look good and are dirty. The decking around the many pools is also in bad need of refinishing and was dirty. The lounge chairs are very old and many were broken. The room was well kept and the maid came around the same time of the day to clean. The service was good and the restaurant was very accommodating for all our special orders to take out. We stayed four days and did enjoy our stay and thought the price was reasonable. Just wish they would do better on maintenance.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced review, especially that you appreciated the value for price we deliver. Our pools will be refinished in about 2 months, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sitka, Alaska
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I did a last minute trip. I called the morning of to make reservations. We traveled separtetley. He got there before I did and they let him check into the room with out me and never needed to confirm that it was okay he was checking in under my name.
Then in the am I went and ate down by the pool. My waitress Gabby was rude and unprofessional. She did not come to check on me at all instead she yelled at me from a far to see if I needed anything. Another couple had the same experience with Gabby.
Other than that we were not there much. Rooms were good and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms were fine. Nothing fancy.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reggie B, General Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for your review and letting us know about your issue at the restaurant. We have counseled the about how to attend outside tables, and we hope you will come back and give us another shot!

Take care,
Reggie B

Travelers are raving about these Desert Hot Springs hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I read all the reviews and was okay with the fact that it is an older resort. I booked and received an email confirmation directly from the hotel. So far so good! We pulled up and was greeted by an older African American guy who reeked of cigarettes! However, he was nice and checked us in and went through all the policies; ie. $10 charge for pool towels.

We went to our room. We opened the door and the smell of hot PISS literally knocked us down! We called down to the front desk and was advised to open the patio door and turn on the air. We left for a few hours and ate (couldn't leave our belongings in there... too smelly) and when we go back it was late and the room had aired out but was very damp and just lightly pissy. We asked for another room but was told, there weren't any others. So we endured.

I woke up the next morning to notice my card was charged nearly $170 more than confirmed. I called and spoke with a front desk agent who then referred me to the Sales Manager. After emailing her my confirmation, she advised she would release the holds and charge the correct amount.

Upon checking out (you must turn in the keys or you will be charged), I asked for a receipt. After much hesitation, she handed me a receipt. I told her the rate was wrong and she recalled the earlier calls and said she would fix it. I called back the next day as nothing had changed on my bank statements. After being placed on hold for 22 minutes, I was told someone would call me back. I waited several hours and no call back so I called back. Placed on hold again and after 12 minutes was told that the manager would go through the notes and call me shortly.

Now the next day, and guess what? No one has called me back to rectify the situation. This time I called back and spoke with Nick. Nick did state he does show a refund pending. To date, my bank shows nothing! BE CAREFUL WITH YOU CARDS HERE UNLESS YOU DONT HAVE A NEED FOR ANY OF YOUR OWN MONEY FOR SEVERAL DAYS ON END!

4 Thank TrePolo
carsonparlan, Public Relations Manager at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Wow! I really don't know what to say. If your description is accurate, there is no excuse, period. I am forwarding this review to the management and ownership. I needn't say how sorry I am for your experience. Mere words cannot counteract what happened. However, I will try to find out what and why this happened and, hopefully, we can correct the situation.

Thank you for writing.