“Not Terrible, Not Great”

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Vancouver, Washington
“Not Terrible, Not Great”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Don't expect great customer service. Both times I called, I was put on hold and forgotten about. we stayed on a 2-night free certificate a friend had won at a raffle. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Needed major updating throughout entire hotel including exterior. Hallways immediately hit us with a lurking smell of animal urine. Pool was really murky both days. Very nice that they have 5 or 6 spas to use and some of them are huge. However one was scalding hot and burned another guest and one was so chlorine laced we couldn't sit for more than ten seconds. Room service was prompt. Food was alright. Ordered burger, fries, and mozzarella sticks....Cafeteria tasting. I would NOT recommend venturing out into town. Not unless you know where you are going. It is not inviting and crawling with creepers. Seriously a bit scary. Best bet is to bring a cooler with snacks and food and drinks and just enjoy the pool. You have to ask for pool towels at front desk. And there are no restrooms outside. You have to go back into the lobby or your hotel room. (Luckily ours was at the end of the hall near the exit to the pool) I probably wouldn't pay to go back. But it was a great free getaway!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
michaelbickford, Michael B., Owner at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thanks for reviewing us the other day! I'm sorry to hear you weren't more impressed with your stay. Quality customer service is something we take seriously, and I was concerned to see you thought it was lacking. I'll make sure to check in with my team about this.

Also, did you let us know that one of the spas was scalding? I can't imagine this would be enjoyable, and we'd gladly look into this.

We're always looking to improve and appreciate your comments. If there's anything else we could do better next time, don't hesitate to share it with me! Thanks again and take care.

Michael B., Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had a wonderful work retreat here, and we just felt like rockstars. Upon check-in, we found chocolate covered strawberries, wine, and flowers in all of our rooms along with a nice message for our group from management. All throughout our stay, the staff went above and beyond to ensure our events went smoothly. The front desk manager even went so far to arrange transportation into Palm Springs for us one evening and recommended local places to venture out to when we wanted to explore. The staff also suggested that we might like to take the Palm Springs Tram while we were there, since this hotel is relatively close and the drive was short. SO much fun!

The pools were very nice, we enjoyed relaxing and floating around. We had a room with a pool facing patio and we never once were disturbed by other guests, which I thought was impressive due to our proximity to the spas. That turned out to be my favorite part - walk right out of the sliding glass door and out the gate, 2 steps, and right into the hot tub :) The view from the pool was also magnificent, with the mountains rising up between the villas in the background. Quite picturesque.

All in all I would recommend a stay here, make sure you visit the restaurant and have one of the specialty drinks, the bartender made excellent recommendations!

Room Tip: You need to book a room with a pool-facing patio for sure! It was excellent, and there were chairs o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alex G
michaelbickford, Michael B., Owner at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor as well Alex! Again, we're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. Until next time, take care.

Whittier, California
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have not been to this hotel in about 2 years. Somethings have changed, and not for the better. Some of the staff need to work on their customer service. But there are those that stuck out. Juan our server at dinner in the "Capri" was top notch. He was johnny on the spot. He did a great job and we let him and his manager know. The food at Capri was just as we remembered it from when they were down the street. (before they moved into the hotel) GREAT !!!! The lady that checked us in (Breanna, I think) was great, but when checking out there were two lady's at the counter who had the customers on "Ignore". They were more interested in talking to each other then checking out customers. That is not acceptable. I also got a massage. My massuse was "Constance", she was GREAT !! I would recommender to to everyone. She made me a very happy camper.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us! I'm sorry to hear that you think aspects of our hotel, specifically the customer service, have gone downhill. Friendly, quality service has always been important to us, and I'll make a point of sharing your comments with the team.

If you have any other feedback, please don't hesitate to share it with me! Would love your next stay to be better than ever. Thanks again and take care.

California
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've never stayed in a room, but have come annually for the past 10 years to enjoy the spa and restraurant. I have had various body treatments, facials, massages, reflexology, mani & pedis. I've had great experiences and some not so great experiences (inconsistency seems to be an issue here), but I just make sure that I request my favorite estheticians. The Capri restraurant is very nice, reasonably priced and has great food. It would be nice if some modernization/updating would be done, but that would also raise their prices.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
michaelbickford, Michael B., Owner at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thanks for reviewing us! We're happy to hear that you've always enjoyed your stay with us. Everyone in our spa is trained and experienced, so I was concerned to hear you've had some less than impressive experiences. Would you mind clarifying what you mean here?

As for updating the hotel, this is great insight and I can assure you that this is something that's on our radar. If you have any other feedback, don't hesitate to share it with me!

We hope to welcome you back again soon! Thanks again and take care.

Glendale
Reviewed June 4, 2013

we stayed there with my family for one night. My husband has a cancer and we were unable to drive back. I asked them to extend my check out time until 5 pm, for him to get a rest. , of course i was willing to pay full price, They told me that they sold out. I asked for manager , her name is Bunny. She didn't even bother to talk to me and explain why it's such a big deal to accommodate. I stayed many hotels in palm spring/Indian Wells area , never had such an unpleasant experience. If the hotel management doesn't care about costumer service, I doubt that the staff would do their job well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GlendaleFamily1997
michaelbickford, Michael B., Owner at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I am sincerely sorry if we were not able to accommodate you and your family the other day. Unfortunately, we were 100% booked. We are in our busiest season, and as you can probably understand, we had to respect prior reservations. That's no excuse for poor customer service though, and I can assure you that I'll be checking in with my team. This behavior isn't in line with our goals and values, and I apologize if this is the note you left on.

We care a lot about your satisfaction, and if you'd like to speak further, please feel free to leave an e-mail address or phone number where I can reach you. I'd like to make things right! Thanks for sharing and take care.

Travelers are raving about these Desert Hot Springs hotels

Victorville, California
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We took a family trip to Desert Hot Springs in April 2013 and stayed for several nights. While there we each took advantage of spa services, which are quite affordable. It is a little north & west of Palm Springs, but that keeps the tourist feel lower and more relaxed. Lots of locals and frequent visitors such as ourselves. The restaurant provides good value with large portions. Also in room refrigerators and microwaves for in-room snacks and drinks. The grounds are very landscaped and quite attractive year round, but especially so in the spring.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are convent but not necessary since all rooms are really close to the pools & ho...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carsmak
michaelbickford, Michael B., Owner at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thanks for the five-star review! It's great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Which spa services did you try? Any favorites?

Your kind words are much appreciated and I look forward to sharing them with the rest of the team! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Take care,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This place is real value for money. We stayed midweek for one night and I really wished we'd booked for longer. The room was comfortable,clean & had really good facilities including a microwave & fridge.
The real gem is that the hot springs are open 24 hrs. It was absolutely wonderful to swim in the naturaly heated swimming pool and relax in one of the many hot spring pools and to not have the nasty smell of chlorine you'd get from a normal swimming pool.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
I'd read some negative reviews about this place before I went, but I honesltly dont understand what these people were talking about. I have nothing negative to stay and I absolutely cant wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ghayet-patino
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful five-star experience with others on TripAdvisor! You've touched on everything we aim for and it means a lot to us. Did you get the chance to check out our spa as well? It's a treat!

We hope the next time you're in the states, you'll stay with us! Thanks again and take care.