My wife and I stayed here for the third time this past week, for three days. We had been careful to request a ground floor room which opened out to the hot pool area, and our desire was met with a nice room close to the smallest hot pool. This is not a brand new or luxurious spa resort, but was perfect for our needs, which included hot pool soaking twice a day, but no spa treatments.
The room was large with ample closet space, although a tad short on hangers. The bathroom was perfectly functional. We did request extra towels, which were supplied, although none were luxury wraps by any means.
The front desk staff was uniformly friendly and helpful, and there was an available computer for internet connections in the pleasant lobby.
A major asset was the relocation to the hotel by the Capri Restaurant which had been previously located on the main roading leading through town. Capri is Italian, but with a full scale "real restaurant" menu and sevice, not the usual dull and weakly served hotel restaurant. This was certainly a good move for the hotel, and probably for the restaurant also.
The dining room was pleasant and well decorated, not the all too common bare wall box found in too many hotels..
Desert Hot Springs is a long way from anywhere, and we used a lot of gasoline going to the Living Desert Zoo and Botanical Garden and then the other way to visit the fascinating Joshua Tree National Park. We were grateful to get back to the hotel for a good soaking.
The winds were high in the afternoon, but if you stay in the hottest of the six pools (they vary by size and temperature) for 15 or 20 minutes, your are sufficiently warmed up that you can get out, dry off and hustle back to your room before the chill hits.
We were quite pleased with this hotel, and the tariff, a little more that $450.00 for 3 nights, including the high California taxes, made this a very reasonable and confortable trip. We will probably return again if our scheduling works out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miracle Springs Resort & Spa presents an array of elegant spa therapies and beauty treatments in a relaxing hot springs resort environment with spectacular mountain views and miraculous healing waters. 110 large rooms and suites surround a lushly landscaped acre of 8 natural hot mineral water pools and Jacuzzis open 24 hours. Poolside and mini-suite rooms have private patios with easy access to the pools. Balconied rooms overlook the pool courtyard and mountain view rooms enjoy a spectacular view of the San Jacintos. 4 Vacation Villas are fully furnished 3-bedroom homes adjacent to the resort with easy access to all hotel services. Enjoy fine indoor & outdoor dining at The Capri Restaurant & Bar. Miracle Springs Resort & Spa is the perfect weekend escape from LA or a gorgeous venue for your wedding, corporate event or banquet, or group retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Miracle Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Miracle Springs Desert Hot
- Miracle Springs Resort And Spa Desert Hot Springs, CA - California Desert