“Pad Thai, don't.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Minnesota
“Pad Thai, don't.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have a friend who says that you can determine the quality ofmamgood Thai restaurant by the quality of their Pad Thai. By this standard I would stay away from this restaurant. The PadmThai came with an orange color sauce. I've never seen anything like this. The dish was oddly sweet. My wife could not eat it.

It came with a tasteless broth and rice.

I had a peanut chicken dish that was OK but boring as toast. The waiter, who may have been part of the family who owns the place, became irritated ( so it seemed) by my questions about the food while we were ordering. This is the first time in memory that I chose not to leave a tip.

Somehow,I feel badly about that.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Bloomington, Indiana
“Delicious Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a pretty great find within the Desert Hot Springs area - the pumpkin curry is ah-maz-ing! They usually deliver, but tonight were short-staffed tonight - it was definitely worth the drive/wait! One of the best Thai places I've been to.

San Lorenzo, California
“It would be fine if I had not indigestion the next morning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

The dining room is very pleasant. The service was good. We had arrived early for dinner and only one other table was occupied. There are a large number of menu choices as is usual for Thai restaurants in America. They complied with our request to cook our food with only very mild spices. However, although I usually enjoy Thai restaurants and have never previously had indigestion after dining at one, after dining here I had indigestion which lasted into the next morning. I did not have digestive problems on the previous and following nights after having dined in another restaurant in the town.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aptos, California
“First try with Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our first try with Thai, my husband and I found it while looking on Trip advisory. The restaurant website has pictures of the dishes, Loved it, so good, large portions, enough leftover for lunch the next day. We did not dine in, but brought it back to our hotel.

Visited February 2013
Alajuela, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had seafood curry, sticky rice, coconut soup and green papaya salad. All were freshly prepared and nicely seasoned/spiced. The service was a bit slow, but the great company kept us entertained.

Visited February 2013