All reviews mint tea moroccan theme french press coffee palm springs hot tub bocce ball residential area pressed coffee dried fruit continental breakfast sitting area entire place get away we've stayed yogurt beautiful oasis couples massage
Reviewed July 29, 2017

My husband and I have gone for weekend getaways on two occasions and the staff is superb at this exotic retreat. The amenities are ample including use of the mineral water pool and jetted spa. On our last trip I checked out a yoga mat and exercised outback and they even have a hammock that you can lounge or lightly swing in. The breakfast is included with choice offerings and they have late night aperitif and our favorite Moroccotini available to guests. Although, our first couples massage was the best that we have experienced anywhere throughout our travels (beating out corporate hotels in San Diego); the last massage experience was fine but fell short of amazing. If you venture to the desert check in to El Morocco they have a laid back vibe, beautiful decor and the guests and staff are respectful, friendly and it is like walking through a secret door of enchantment. Rooms due book fast so plan accordingly and personally I recommend the 7 ft round bedroom upstairs or the downstairs near the entrance that has a kitchenette and comfortable AC. Overall a fabulous place to visit and relax even if it is for the day spa and not overnight. Oh and the Living desert zoo just got rated a top attraction nationally alongside San Diego zoo. Happy travels!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mrstrell
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Boutique hotel with everything you need to relax-- comfy rooms, gorgeous pool and patios, fresh breakfast, charming hosts. Peace, quiet, and mint tea. Location is in a neighborhood, easy parking at the front door. Aaahhh...

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KarmaDrama
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Went for a massage and had a wonderful visit. Gloria and Ginger gave us incredible massages. Completely relaxing and tranquil. The pools were warm. The entire resort was peaceful. Recommend to everyone.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mskastner
Reviewed May 28, 2017

Went here for a getaway with my daughter. Nice atmosphere, people are friendly. Spent most of our time in the pool and Jacuzzi. Also did the Moroccan Rain massage, wow that is bliss. You wont regret staying here. It is an older place but overlook that, and you'll enjoy it. The owners are working very hard to update it as fast as possible. The TV room is always playing "Casa Blanca" to help set the mood. There are other movies to watch, board games, books etc. There is also a garden in the back, along with a big chess board on the ground, and other amenities. We LOVED IT!

Room Tip: All rooms are Moroccan style, each one slightly different.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

For the record, I've had massages in Waikiki , Hawaii and in Québec , Canada. I have a massage membership in San Diego, California. El Moroccan Inn & Spa had the BEST MASSAGE of ALL!

My husband & I had a couples massage with the masseuses Dana & Ruby. We arrived an hour early for a mini tour of the Inn, to see where the lockers , pools, bathroom , & lounge are located . Also to have time to soak in the heated pools.

$200 for a couples massage includes the use of the natural HOT SPRING MINERAL WATER POOLS. One pool is in the courtyard at the temperature of 93. The 2nd smaller pool is in a covered room & is at 103 degrees. This smaller pool has 12 jets. We came at 10:00 during off season , so we had the entire pool & hot tub to ourselves! Yes!

There is a lounge room playing the movie Casablanca on a continuos loop. Dried fruits & cold minty lemonade is provided. Everything is beautifully decorated as if you are in Morocco.

Sitting in the pools and the lounge , you hear small birds, string instrument music. You feel the warmth of the hot spring waters & dry heat. The richly colorful sheer curtains blow gently, and the ornate Moroccan lanterns cast shadows on the ceilings. Everything appeals to all your senses!

The MASSAGES are phenomenal! Best ever! The pressure was firm. The foot & scalp massage was not something I normally get. The hot towels on the back and on the neck were extra nice.

I hate to say anything negative, but I should add that the ONE SHOWER & BATHROOM is tiny . It doesn't compliment the standards of this spa experience.
Otherwise, everything was fantastic!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple