All reviews mint tea moroccan theme french press coffee palm springs infrared sauna hot tub pressed coffee dried fruit residential area bocce ball continental breakfast yogurt sitting area mineral pool get away entire place we've stayed
Reviewed March 22, 2016

Be very careful. Unethical and rude management. We just sat with them on the phone for 20 minutes to reserve a room for tomorrow night. After going over all the pictures of the room on the internet and discussing the price, check in and out dates, and other details, I put them on hold to go get my credit card and as soon as I came back they put another woman on the phone to tell me that the original lady had made "a mistake" about the dates and that they were fully sold-out for my desired dates. TOTAL LIE. The new lady on the phone who introduced herself as the manager, would not even agree to put the first lady who had made the reservation for me on the phone for her to tell me herself that she had made an error. Obviously they had just got someone else who paid them more for the room because it was a busy weekend in Palm Springs. The manager was very rude and unapologetic for the supposed "mix up". I refuse to do business with people who have no business ethics. Definitely not my choice of place to stay. (Besides, I had been there one time about a year ago to check the facilities and frankly, the rooms smelled).

Date of stay: March 2016
4  Thank Frank A
InnCollectors, Owner at El Morocco Inn & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2016

Bruce responding here...just a point of clarification...during the time you were deciding whether or not you wanted to reserve that room, someone else booked it online! This can happen when it takes a little time to decide. Was that smell you mentioned "sour grapes" perhaps? All kidding aside, I'm sorry that occurred, but it can happen! Hope you'll try us another time...

Reviewed March 4, 2016

We picked this hotel out based on YELP reviews to celebrate our daughters and son in laws 30th birthdays. The whole place is decorated with Moroccan art and furniture. It's basically a 12 room motel around a hot springs that's been converted into a Moroccan casbah. Great fun, campy. The room "pasha's playpen" has a round bed with brightly colored textiles creating a tent over the bed.

The staff is very welcoming with a happy hour every day around the pool. Very small. In the small library, the movie Casablanca with Humphrey Bogart is playing 24 hour a day, which was oddly comforting.Great fun. Nice breakfast in the morning.

We drove to Palm Springs for dinner and concerts. This hotel is safe and secure, but we learned that Desert Hot Springs has nothing going on, except crime. Don't hang out in town. As you drive into the desert, you'll see hundreds of wind turbines. Guess what, it's really windy sometimes in Desert Hot Springs.

Room tip: We liked the two rooms with balcony's overlooking the outdoor pool.Quiet, and a bit of a view of Palm Springs.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank VendolaSanRafael

Just wanted to say glad you had a good time and enjoyed the ambience. We created a little hideaway-so that when you step inside you feel completely transported to somewhere far away from your cares. Come see us again soon, we'll save a spot in a hammock out in the Spa garden for ya!
Bruce

Reviewed March 2, 2016 via mobile

Once you step through the front door you enter another world.

First do not be fooled by the outside, as it is in a neighborhood where you would not expect it.

The ladies and gentlemen who greetbyou and supply all your needs are great and do go out of their way to meet your requests.

Daily happy hour is outstanding and the drinks they make are very tasty. The pool is outstanding and as it is filled with mineral water it is slightly different than a normal pool.

By way of example, the type of service provided: The morning we checked out we were heading to Vegas, after we had been on the road for about a hour my wife had a flash and say " Oh hell! I left my coat hanging in the closet." So she goes on line as soon as she get service in her phone and sends a messsge the the hotel management. She get a reply back that they had rescued her coat and had already shipped it to our home. We got home and the coat got home the next day.

Oh and staying here and going into Palm Springs is way better than staying in Palm Springs and fighting the ever present crowd.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

How fun to read your review...and I'm glad we were able to "rescue" your coat and that you got back so quickly. Guests sometimes leave things and we are always happy to send them back! Speaking of sending things back...send yourselves back here real soon!
Bruce

Reviewed February 29, 2016 via mobile

We loved this place! It's such a great value - free delicious breakfast, cozy beds and the most amazing hot tub with the spring water.

It's adults only, and we found everyone to be friendly and laid back.

You won't be disappointed coming here! One of my favorite little Inns in the world.

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed January 23, 2016

El Morocco Inn and Spa is a top notch experience in every way! The ambiance is magical, the rooms unique and carefully appointed, and the spa services the best I have ever experienced. The staff is attentive to needs but respectful of privacy. We LOVE El Morocco and our only problem is not being able to go more often because of our schedules and living far away.

Date of stay: May 2015