I wanted to go to Desert Hot Springs for my birthday. Everything seemed to be booked - turns out there is a big festival most of the weekends in April. There was one room left at El Morocco, and it sounded interesting.
I really liked the Inn. I like the adult only atmosphere, though some of the guests were a little TMI. We had a room on the second floor at the end. Ok, the decor may be considered a bit cheesy by some, but I thought it was great. I mean, we are there to relax! The pools are really comfortable, and there is plenty of space for everyone. The breakfast and snacks are nice, a little different which makes it more fun.
There had been sand storms recently, and they had not been able to get all the sand off the windowsills in the bathroom. This doesn't bother me, but it might bother some people. The building is old, and does not seal up really well. The a/c unit was a good example of this, it had lost the venting seal, so we were losing alot of cold air back out the wall. We let them know and they got a temporary fix for it. The a/c unit was quite loud and did not work exceptionally well.
There are limited restaurants near by. We drove in to Palm Springs for dinners. I had forgotten that they have a shared kitchen. There were 3 couples who come to Morocco Inn annually together. They bring food and drinks and don't leave the Inn all weekend. This could be a really good plan.
The caretakers do leave in the evening. The first night there were some guests who were quite loud at the pool (probably after the music festival) until very late. I don't know what we could have done about that, so sleep was not good.
I would definitely give El Morocco another visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Want to really feel "transported"? Without the high cost??? Our silky warm and natural spring-fed mineral water swimming pool & huge bubbling spa are open for you around the clock! This Moroccan inspired getaway features 12 guestrooms, each with a California King bed, microwave & mini fridge, exotic textiles, bistro tables and chairs, beautiful lamps,Moroccan furnishings & artwork. A Lavish complimentary continental breakfast is set out daily in the Kasbah Lounge and we offer our complimentary nightly signature cocktail, the "Morocco-tini"! Besides having 2 pools filled with healing geothermal spring mineral waters, you can also choose from a wide range of deeply relaxing Spa treatments including Massages, Body Scrubs, Clay Wraps and Facials! We also offer Discount Spa Packages year 'round! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your El Morocco Inn & Day Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Morocco Inn And Spa
- El Morocco Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Hotel El Morocco
- El Morocco Inn & Day Spa Desert Hot Springs, CA - California Desert