El Morocco is true magic! I can't remember a time when my husband and I have completely vegged while away from home. And that is what we did at the El Morocco. We truly felt like we were in a desert oasis compound, completely removed from the world.
LOCATION: Yes, your GPS is correct, keep driving! El Morocco is located several miles "out there", and truthfully, in what appears, not the greatest of neighborhoods. But once you arrive at the El Morocco...ahhh heaven. (My husband was a complete Doubting Thomas on the way there, but quickly converted once we arrived and he has become a walking advertisement for the El Morocco - you will hear similar stories during your stay here)
ROOMS: We stayed in Room 203, Sultans Playpen. As all of the other reviews mention, this room is not overly large, but so comfy, and it has everything you need to relax and enjoy. You enter into a small living area, with couch, small bistro table, mini bar (with microwave and refrigerator) and tv. Bathroom has sink, toilet and shower stall. The bedroom is exactly that...a bed in a room....did I mention a round bed encased in sheers and beads? And a comfy bed at that! Honestly what more do you need? My husband and I looked into the other rooms when possible and spoke with other guests about their rooms. Frankly, I don't think there is a bad one. Each offers something unique. Room 203 is upstairs so I felt it offered a little more seclusion from the pool area. Our room had a bistro table and chairs inside as well as chairs and a table right outside our room.
POOL Ah!!! Even in 115 degree weather, the pool was refreshing...and believe me, we spent a great deal there. Best time to swim...MIDNIGHT. So completely awesome. Flower petals in the pool from a neighboring bush, piped in morning mediation music and then what I assume is Moroccan music for later in the day...you are completely surrounded in an exotic feel of comfort and relaxation.
HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH FOR PARENTS: We have three children, and we deeply love them however we truly enjoyed ourselves without them! I've never realized how much noise a child, toddler or teenager, can create around a pool. Hushed voices and floating music is all that you will hear at this pool
HAPPY HOUR. Unwind after unwinding all day. We sipped moroccintis with other guests while discussing our day's activities and dinner plans. The morccinitis are true ecstasy.
BREAKFAST AND SNACKS - It was like the food magically appeared. Their idea of "continental breakfast" is true tummy contentment. Bagels with cream cheese, tomato, onion and avocado - so yummy. Yogurt with granola, fruit and hard boiled eggs, and best of all French-pressed coffee!!!!! Figs, apricots, spring water and lemonade infused with mint tea were always available for casual snacking! The late night cream sherry was a special treat as well!
AMENITIES (massage, bocce ball, dvds, Casablanca): We didn't partake of the massages for our first visit, but the guests who did, had only the highest recommendation, making us wish we had made a reservation. There is also a wonder land of enjoyment in the back yard with bocce ball, crochet, chess (2 feet chess pieces), not to mention a desert tent complete with yoga mats, Pilate balls and an exercise bike. It almost (I said almost) made me want to exercise. Instead we perused their DVD collection and watched Casablanca for the first time! So perfect for our time here
EATS: We did venture out into the town and enjoyed one dinner at South of the Board, great Mexican food, really strong drinks and great prices. The take-out Chinese food at Kam Lun was hot and plentiful (we ate leftovers for lunch). Enjoyed at great dinner at Spencer’s in Palm Springs (about 20 minutes away). Again, plentiful portions and the prix fixe 3 course meal was a great deal!
SOCIAL SOLITUDE In my opinion one of the greatest offerings at El Morocco would be the choice between solitude or being social. The inn with it's the personal touch of a bed and breakfast provides plenty of opportunity to meet fellow guests. We met several wonderful couples, swapping stories and laughs while relaxing by the pool or during happy hour, but then had our own individual time as a couple, with a feeling of complete isolation from the rest of the world.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: On a scale of 1 star to 5 stars, El Morocco is a 10 star! You can have the most beautiful setting but without customer service it will fall flat. El Morocco makes you feel completely resort pampered but with the comforts of home. Every request is met with a smile and "of course". The inn keepers we met had many recommendations for activities and dining. We took some of the dining recommendations and vegged the rest of time...lol
RECOMMENATION: DEFINITE!!! WITHOUT A DOUBT! WE WILL BE RETURNING!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Want to really feel "transported"? Without the high cost??? Our silky warm and natural spring-fed mineral water swimming pool & huge bubbling spa are open for you around the clock! This Moroccan inspired getaway features 12 guestrooms, each with a California King bed, microwave & mini fridge, exotic textiles, bistro tables and chairs, beautiful lamps,Moroccan furnishings & artwork. A Lavish complimentary continental breakfast is set out daily in the Kasbah Lounge and we offer our complimentary nightly signature cocktail, the "Morocco-tini"! Besides having 2 pools filled with healing geothermal spring mineral waters, you can also choose from a wide range of deeply relaxing Spa treatments including Massages, Body Scrubs, Clay Wraps and Facials! We also offer Discount Spa Packages year 'round! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your El Morocco Inn & Day Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Morocco Inn And Spa
- El Morocco Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Hotel El Morocco
- El Morocco Inn & Day Spa Desert Hot Springs, CA - California Desert