It was the end of a busy, hectic year. We therefore made a decision for a 4 day get-a-way but wanted a place where we could simply relax and unwind - shut off the cell phones and detach from work (not an easy task but occassionally necessary to reground ourselves). Obviously, since I am writing a review, we decided on El Morocco. We each packed a bathing suit, 2 changes of clothes, boarded the plane with our carry-on luggage and iPads loaded with books to read, and we were off.
We opted for a car service from the airport rather then renting a car. Based on other reviews we knew there was a small bar fridge and microwave so we asked our driver to take us to a store first for some wine and snacks - however, we found out later that the inn does sell wine and has a small assortment of snacks so this was not really required. My only comment in regards to not renting a vehicle is that there are limited dining options in this area so I am unsure I would do that again, but as we never left the resort (ordered delivery from some local restaurants) this was not a problem for our short visit.
As other reviewers have mentioned, it was a bit of a shock getting to the location. The area that you pass through is reflective of an economy that has had some difficulties. When we arrived our driver was even looking at us as if to ask "Really?". We went to the front door and rang the buzzer while our driver waited to make sure we actually got inside (only guests and staff get a key to get inside the resort). From the moment we actually got inside it was excellent. The staff are calm, relaxed and very professional. The owners were very respectful to guests - if you wanted to talk and engage them in conversation they would, if you preferred to be alone they respected your privacy. We had 3 spa treatments with Gloria and Ruby and were amazed by their skill. I have nothing else to add that other reviewers have not already commented on other than this - if you want total peace and relaxation and to get away from it all with the bonus of a mineral hot tub and a naturally heated pool, this is the place. We will be back the next time we need a reality break. Oh, and since they supply robes and this place is secluded and casual, we pretty much stayed in our robes and bathing suits the entire trip, so unless you plan on leaving the resort you will not need to pack a lot - next time I would pack an extra bathing suit and one less change of clothes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Want to get away and feel like you've really done it without the high cost??? Slip into our warm and natural spring-fed mineral swimming pool & jacuzzi spa around the clock! This Moroccan inspired getaway features 12 guestrooms, each with a Cal King "Dream Deeply" bed, microwave & minifridge, exotic textiles, bistro tables and chairs, beautiful lamps,Moroccan furnishings & artwork. A Lavish complimentary continental breakfast is set out daily in the Kasbah Lounge and we offer our complimentary nightly signature cocktail,the "Morocco-tini"! Besides having 2 pools filled with those healing geothermal spring mineral waters, you can also choose from a wide range of deeply relaxing Spa treatments including Massages, Body Scrubs, Clay Wraps and Facials! We also offer Discount Spa Packages year 'round! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your El Morocco Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Morocco Inn And Spa
- El Morocco Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Hotel El Morocco
- El Morocco Inn & Spa Desert Hot Springs, CA - California Desert