“Adorable, relaxing, and we are all coming back, over and over and over...”

Lido Palms Resort and Spa
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
los angeles
“Adorable, relaxing, and we are all coming back, over and over and over...”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I'm afraid soon the secret will be out - The Lido Palms Resort and Spa was exactly what we all wanted and needed when we headed out for a photo shoot in the Desert during the hot month of July. We had 10 of the 11 rooms booked and with the help of Martin (who runs the hotel) and Rosemary (the owner) our stay was perfect.
With a jacuzzi, an outdoor pool and indoor pool all with mineral water, wireless internet, bbq and picnic tables for us to enjoy our after shoot evening cocktails the whole trip was a success. The rooms are simple, the ac cranks and the kitchen is perfect for whipping up some early morning scrambled eggs or late night pasta. Our business crossed paths with leisure in a perfect setting.
If you choose to eat out Martin has the best suggestion for Korean and Mexican that left everyone wanting more...
If you end up going and having as good of a time as we did - please don't tell anyone - we want this to stay our little secret....don't we??

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank lalalandgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Los Angeles
Reviewed June 25, 2009

bliss #1: I went during the weekday. for most of my trip, I was the only guest. How awesome is that! all 3 pools, sauna, and lounge chairs, just for me :)

bliss#2: rooms come with FULL kitchen! I eat pretty healthy so I was able to go shopping and keep food in the real fridge and cook it on a real stove

bliss#3: the staff. the hotel manager (forgive me! i forgot your name) was the nicest most servicing person ever! i needed internet access, he was at my door w/in seconds with the code. He was always friendly, making sure everything was perfect, and it was! And the owner was the sweetest lady ever!

blissBlissBliss: they made it their goal for all to be in order so that I could do what I came to do, relax & heal. and for that, I THANK YOU so much, Lido Springs!

Can't wait to get another break to go again!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank JoannaGaleas
Calfironia, USA
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I recently traveled to the Palm Desert for a weekend getaway with my wife. We chose this hotel upon a recommendation from friends, and we were not disappointed! This hotel is located away from the hustle and bustle of Palm Springs, in a quiet neighborhood with mountain views. Even with the wind a howling, it was a calm and serene place to be.
The hotel has been recently and extensively remodeled. The pool and two hot tubs were clean and oh so amazingly comfortable. The grounds were large enough for sun bathing, and there is even a grill for cooking out. Our room was quite large, with a very comfortable bed and all new furniture and bathroom fixtures. My wife is a clean freak, and she was very comfortable at this hotel....which says a lot. There is a grocery store located just down the street, and I picked up food for the whole weekend, we never ate out once! There is a large kitchen with a table for two overlooking the pool area.

Besides sun bathing, relaxing in the water, playing water games, and eating great food...my wife and I signed up for a couples massage. It was my first time, and all I can say is WOW! The massage was amazing, I had a huge smile and felt like I was walking on air afterwards. I definitely recommend the massage, it's a good value, and the spa room is brand new.

All in all, our stay at Lido Palms was fun, relaxing, and rejuvenating. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to relax in warm spring water in peace. It would be great for a group of friends too, since the rooms are very affordable. The staff is very helpful, Martin did a great job handling our room and spa service.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
los angeles
Reviewed June 20, 2009

This is one of the best deals in town! It has all the amenities of a Palm Springs hotel minus the uppidity attitude and crowds that tend to pervade other hotels closer to town. Lido Palms is relaxation by the pool, under the palms with an expansive view towards the mountains and desert. The owners are very friendly and accomodating. One of the best parts is the fully equiped kitchen/dining in each bedroom: our party of 12 grilled bbq out by the pool one night, made margaritas in the blender, and woke up to brew fresh coffee and make huevos rancheros in the kitchen.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Got to Desert Hot Springs as the winds gusted up to 70 mph. Walked past the outdoor pool and spa thinking "Boo Hoo!" But, wait - there is an indoor pool/spa! Jumped into our suits and immersed into the 93 degree mineral water never minding the wind. It felt great! Worked out all the kinks in the muscles from staring at computers all year.
Whoever inspired the remodel of this older motel understands comfort! The black slate floors in the room are smooth to the feet, the bath was nicely updated in a clean, sleek style. The spotless white sheets and duvet felt so crisp!
Martin, our host for the weekend, was friendly and informative about the options for dining.
We had not planned on having breakfast in the room, but it was perfect to get OJ and muffins so we could swim in the morning. There is a gas grill and the kitchen has dishes and pots and pans.
Next time we will bring breakfast stuff and snacks. The "in-town" dining options aren't spectacular. But we did find a family-owned Italian restaurant that was yummy. Casablanca was also fun!
I have never required lots of "service" since I am an independent spirit. So this was so perfect for me and my husband. We had our own wine and cocktail makings and just enjoyed the desert garden and pools.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed February 25, 2009

My wife and I have been staying at a variety of spots in desert for years, and recently stumbled onto the remodel Lido Palms Spa and Resort. For a very good price in the Desert Hot Springs area, this small hotel can’t be beat. Featuring, three large pools of variety of temperatures, and ample space to relax and take in the sun, the hotel is the perfect place for some serious recuperation and relaxation. There is a new gorgeous full service spa ready for a variety of treatments. We got a couple’s massage. The large rooms feature sizable kitchens, dark slate floors, and really comfortable mattresses. We stayed late in the Jacuzzi overlooking the new desert landscaping, shared some wine, and slept like babies – a great and affordable weekend away from the stresses of the city. Can’t wait to return!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
Reviewed February 4, 2009

We have just returned from a weekend with friends at the Lido Palms. This is just the place for a nice quiet relaxing getaway. The rooms are spacious and come with a complete kitchen so you can save some money preparing your own meals. But if you want good restaurant food, Palm Springs is just a few minutes drive away. They are busy renovating the resort and are almost finished. My old bones especially liked the Tempurpedic mattress. They have 3 hot mineral water pools. I spent all my time in the big one that is kept at about 90 degrees. Just like swimming in my bathtub! It is off the main drag in town, so it is peaceful and quiet. They will have the new day spa open very soon with several treatment rooms. So next time I can get a massage and facial. That would make a wonderful getaway even more perfect!

• Liked — Hot Springs Pools, Tempurpedic Mattress, Kitchen, Peaceful
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gardnermanker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#6 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
#9 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Andreas Hotel & Spa
Andreas Hotel & Spa
#9 of 73 in Palm Springs

Been to Lido Palms Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!