All reviews tempur pedic beds palm springs deep sleep rooms are large joshua tree mineral hot springs perfect temperature healing waters two bunch palms rod retreat pools massage spa pans units shoulder
Reviewed February 8, 2016

We stay here at least 4 weekends a year. Its always spic and span clean! And the friendly staff make this a no-brainer for us. It is a close drive to Palm Springs and other interesting places. PS: We LOVE the water!!!

Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 2, 2016 via mobile

My sister and I checked into the Lido 1/31/2016 after 6 pm. It was stormy night with high winds. This would be my fifth stay and it was long overdue. I assured my sister that would still be able to enjoy the mineral water in the indoor pool. As soon as our swimsuits were on the power went off! No big deal we went out to pick up candles,and more batteries for my flashlight. We were determined to have a good time despite the black out. Well we giggled to the pool with flashlights and placed our feet in the water, and it was COLD!
Now I its time to call the owner who was on site. I asked him to be compensated since we were not able to use any of the facilities because of the power outage. He became outraged and shouted "YOU PEOPLE are trying to take advantage of me this is not my fault! I could not believe he was speaking to me in that manner. Did we drive from L.A. to sit in the dark with no heat or electricity and have all the food I prepared spoil? YES.
The next morning my sister went to the office to speak to the owner, she was told rudely " I Don't COMP" you can check out today before 11am and not get changed. WHAT! So you are asking us to leave?
I have never written a review before,but this is an outrage.People need to know not to come here when there is a storm because you will sleep in a cold room with no hot water to shower and no heat. THE OWNER IS RUDE!
Don't worry we will never be back. You obviously don't care about loyal customers. Also the whole place is in desperate need of a remodel. I would suggest you invest in a generator.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled with family
5  Thank Gerri S
RodFujii, Owner at Lido Palms Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2016

I am truly sorry that the writer is so upset. We did disagree as to whether we should comp her and her sister for the first of a two night stay due to the blackout in the area that lasted on and off for over two hours that evening. What I object to, however, are the false statements that the writer posits to embellish her complaint. Specifically, I met with the sister the following morning and we very calmly discussed the matter. I explained that since we were not responsible for the blackout, I did not feel that a comp for the night was appropriate. However, in an attempt to settle the matter amicably, I did offer a 50% discount, $70 off their already discounted $140 nightly rate. The sister found this to be unacceptable and at this point, I noted that to me it was not a matter of money but rather I did not feel we were at fault. I nevertheless increased the discount offer to $90 off but the sister still refused. I then indicated that were I to comp the previous night, it would be my preference that the two of them spend their second night at another inn. I explained the reason for my suggestion was that I believed their position to be so unreasonable. I emphasized, however, that I was neither asking nor forcing them to leave but would leave the decision to them. I would not ask any guest to leave simply for registering a complaint. The sister immediately accepted and I offered to help place them at another inn for their second night. She responded that this would be unnecessary since they had decided to simply return home. She asked when they needed to vacate the room and I said that normal checkout is at 12 noon. I told the sister that I did not want there to be any hard feelings and she agreed, smiled and we shook hands. I would note that we had five other guest rooms checking out that morning. I, of course, apologized about the blackout and in each case the guests said that we certainly were not at fault and they nevertheless enjoyed their stay. When the sister returned an hour or two later with the keys, we again shook hands. I asked whether I should speak with her sister and she indicated that this would not be a good idea. I responded that this was too bad and asked that she pass along my good bye and well wishes.

Reviewed January 8, 2016

My husband and two older teen children stayed in room 11 of the Lido Palms and I'm so glad! We did two 7+ mile hikes at Joshua Tree N.P. and being able to enjoy the hot spring mineral pools before and afterward was heavenly! One night was rainy, but there was the large covered hot tub to use! The room was quite large and it was great to be able to save some money by buying groceries and making breakfasts, lunches (to pack w/ us for hiking) and a dinner there, especially after spending SO much at LA restaurants earlier in the week. The kitchen was fully stocked. The shower/bath was basic, but there was plenty of hot water for the four of us. The owner provided us with a Wi-fi hot spot for the room because rm. 11 sometimes has spotty service--very thoughtful. We even saw roadrunners on the property. Great stay.

Room Tip: Large corner room 11 offered mountain view over the kitchen sink. Nice, quiet. Pretty sure all rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2015 via mobile

Total Relaxation !!
Very CLEAN. ! Very Quiet. !
Beds were EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE.
Pool was so nice and warm and CLEAN.
Hot tub was even bettter !
I wish I could have stayed longer.
Actually I wish I could permanently move in.
Best Place EVER.
Once you check in, You will have a hard time leaving this oasis.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2015

This quiet, clean spa inn is a gem. We stayed for 10 days in November, 2015. Ten kitchen suites surround an outdoor pool at 93 degrees, an outdoor spa pool at 103 degrees, with a sheltered spa pool indoors at 100 degrees. Mature palm trees, ocotillo and cactus sway in the breeze. The water in the pools comes from Miracle Hill’s deep underground hot source, and the water is changed 9 times a day.

The apartments have attractive black slate floors, full kitchens painted in taupe with white countertops, with oven and large fridge, microwave, coffeemaker (with filters and coffee provided). There is a full complement of dishes and excellent number of kitchen tools. Beds are luxurious Tempur Pedic, and we cannot remember sleeping so well. Décor is pistachio and brown for the pillows, two recliner chairs, rugs and nubbly acrylic throws on the wooden beds, which have white linens. Flat screen TV has Time Warner cable.

Massage services of excellent quality and type are offered. There is a dry sauna in the building that houses the indoor mineral pool. The spa offers cleansing retreats many times during the year, and could supplement those by adding pineal cleansing due to the clean, unfluoridated water source. The Lido Palms offers fluffy white spa robes and colorful pool towels.

Outside amenities include a BBQ, table and chairs, as well as striped chaise lounges, and each unit in the low-slung mid-century modern inn has two chairs and table outside under the protective overhang. There is air conditioning, but we didn’t need it.

Most of all, the owner and personnel seem to really care and respond immediately if a guest has a need or concern. It’s not a huge impersonal hotel chain, but a small inn where they remember your name. Many repeat guests return again and again.

There is something magical about floating in clean mineral water, gazing at the old style green, brown, yellow and white Lido Palms neon sign, with the moon beaming down! Sheer bliss!

Room Tip: Rooms near office have stronger wi-fi
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple