“That was a TRIP!!”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
San Diego, CA
“That was a TRIP!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Second time I have visited. Apparently the place have been remodeled with mind blowing amenities. I never thought i could take advantage of saunas that were only available in the heart of LA at the same time with mineral spring spa. I went back with my friends because the facility was awesome and clean when I treated out my parents, but wow this place has topped it again. You will get your every penny worth at this place. You got my word.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank bubblegrly

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, ca
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This hotel definately needs better management.
First impression is relatively good with clean appearance of the entrance/lobby and overall facility but the rooms are outdated and not well maintained. Some claim this hotel has been remodeled but it's just a face lift job. Many rooms have broken things and the restrooms are dirty with yellow/brown scums near faucets and the finishings are just not how it should be in a hotel. They have brown towels that has their hotel name written with black markers which I thought was unprofessional. Hallways were not air-conditioned and steaming. There was a small elevator which was not working. You can hear conversations from two rooms down literally. They have unfriendly staffs who lacks fluent english and communication skills. Front lobby main entrance was locked after 10pm for some reason and the only way our of the hotel was through small side exits which I had to search to get to.

Long story short, this place is not professional ran. Just a simple/basic spa motel for Korean guests.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
7 Thank Machoman77

Travelers are raving about these Desert Hot Springs hotels

Torrance, California
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I went with my family to enjoy the weekend. It was better than what I read from this review and than what I expected. First of all, they remodel the spa system. I liked it very much for their varieties and services. It was clean and quiet. Moreover, they serviced us with Korean food and desserts. Shaved ice was great and tasty after hot sauna. I recommend to everyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Msoo1968
losAngeles
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Looks new , remodeled, but still lacking.
1. the locker room and lockers with electronic keys, cool
But NO benches. How do you change, when their is no Benches
2. Clean open Shower facility, with built-in soap and shampoo dispensers
But the water temperate was only Warm. The water pressure slighty stronger than
spritzer.
3. it had an elevator, But it was out of order.
4. Not as expected, Needs improvement.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 3rivers2ndson
los angeles
Reviewed April 11, 2009

We fist stayed up the street at the Paradise Hot Springs Hotel and spa, and needless to say it was horribly disgusting. We Moved down the street to the CJ Grand hotel and spa to get away from the other horrible hotel down the street. We went in without a reservation, and they provided us with a large suite (209 and 210). You could actually sleep on the beds unlike the other hotel. I spent three consecutive days in the spa downstairs, and was able to fully relax. The rooms were clean, and maintained. The personnel are caring.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank isisbenny404
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Last week i've got a chance to take my wife and kids for a little break away from work and got to stay at this hotel. I know that there is lots of Korean owned hotels in desert hot springs and wasn't to thrilled to visit. But the visit was better than what I've experience previously. At first I wasn't willing to try out another Korean owned spa after the awful experiences in the past. But my wife had booked the stay when i returned from work. Long story short, the employees were polite and did everything possible to accomodate our family. We were able to use the facility to the fullest and enjoy our time. I'll be honest... it ain't a five star hotel but I felt effort in every worker to try to make everything possible over all it changed my point of view and I will pay a visit again in short time.

• Liked — family time, privacy
  • Disliked — not 24hr
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank jaylee76
California
Reviewed March 10, 2008

The hotel is nice but the service is bad. There was one particular person named Roy (apparently the owners son or something) that treated everyone badly. He was such a you know what to everyone especially to the employees. Stay away from here, lousy service.

Stayed March 2008
6 Thank shadeofgrey08
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#5 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
#36 of 73 in Palm Springs
Hyundae Resort And Spa
Hyundae Resort And Spa
#21 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs

Been to CJ Grand Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!