“Life changing experience”
Review of We Care Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
We Care Spa
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is my fifth visit to We Care and each visit is better than the last . I have learned so much from my visits and visit every 6 months to revitalize and restore my health.
It is a long haul from Toronto, but I know when it's time to visit, as I begin to feel tired and sluggish. You will leave with gorgeous glowing skin and increased awareness and energy. It is an experience that you owe to yourself at least once in your life!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank KVanessaShanahan

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I read so many great reviews of We Care Spa that it gave me high expectations. The reality didn't live up to those expectations.

The rooms had some character and were functional.All of the drinks and supplements were on a self help basis. The average daily calorie intake was about 400 per day including one cup of fresh juice and one of cooked vegetable pure.

For me the results weren't there. I lost a lot of muscle tone, felt weak and had a difficult time digesting food for months after leaving - though I did follow there post visit protocol of slowly going back on solid food. A few weeks after my visit I called and left a message to ask their advice on this but my call was never returned.

I know the main goal of the visit is detoxing and not weight loss, but was hoping for that as a side benefit. After a total of 13 days of their program - including the pre and post visit diet I lost 3-4 lbs.

They did have some great and informative classes and everyone was very nice. I also enjoyed the infrared sauna and the floating beds.

There were many people there who had great results and came back year after year so it was obviously the right choice for them.

My body does well following a diet that has some form of protein included with most meals so it didn't feel right on such a restricted diet. I'm wondering if for those of us who normally eat a very healthy clean diet and exercise regularly there may be better ways to spend your time than a visit to We Care.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
14  Thank StaceyAS
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been going to We Care for 9 years. I book my trip in the March/April timeframe to help me shed my 'winter coat' of weight, less than optimal habits, and general cold-weather cobwebs. It is the only time that I completely shut off the constant chime of technology and focus on me. I return home full of positive energy and ready to take on anything that comes my way. Every year I meet great people that I am happy to say become new friends and confidantes. The treatments are for the most part really good. I think I have had them all at least once. The therapists have been there for many years and are experts. The master classes are really perfect for first-timers. Yoga classes are geared towards relaxation and not power. I miss the Tai Chi classes that they used to have. I LOVE the infrared sauna and usually start my day with 30 minutes or so in the spacious custom built structure. At least once during my stay I have a great nap on the floating bed. There are hiking trails around if you have a car, and the hot springs at Sam's are fun and close by. I always book my trip solo but usually one or two friends 'jump in' and join. I DO NOT recommend going with spouse. This is the time to take care of yourself without having to worry about anyone else...and you will make LOTS of friends during your stay.

Room Tip: Most resort rooms are around the main house and pool. Can be noisy if you are a sensitive sleeper...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank Reneethe1st
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to rejuvenate and get in touch with your health. I have never had such good spa treatments that left me feeling like a new person. Everyone there is top notch. Rooms are very nice. This was my second visit and will not be the last! Very affordable .

My only advice would be that they could provide more variety of juices and soups and have things like wheat grass juice.

But I highly recommend for type A folks who want to work on themselves. This spa has you leaving with a toolbox of knowledge to live a healthily lifestyle.

• Stayed: November 2012
7  Thank Coccindy
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We Care Spa is a great place to go to detox, re-group, relax, lose weight and learn about food/health and the effects it has on us. The grounds are tranquil, the people are very nice and helpful and they really do care about you! The treatments are outstanding! Their products are great! I did a 3 day detox program that was life changing for me. I recently re-booked for the 8 day program. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about this place. I cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: The Neptune room is my favorite.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank Christl K
Reviewed March 24, 2012

If you are going here to lose weight....don't! It is SO much more than a weight loss clinic. It is a Mind, Body and Soul experience. The place is clean and comfortable. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you are well taken care of and every need is met. This place relaxes you to a different dimension. The classes are worth your time, very educational. I thought I knew...wrong! It was my 1st time...but not my last. I re-booked before I even left. I went by myself BUT made connections with many women that have lasted since I have been home...we are the Detox Divas! We are sharing recipes and other tips. A wonderful and beautiful group of women. Can't wait to go back next year! It is worth the money...becasue YOU are worth it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank Rennay B
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I went to We Care Spa to get a hold of my health and unwind from a stressful year closing my business of 19 years. I succeeded . I went to Canyon Ranch six months ago to Do the same and it was not good for me.

The Ground at We Care are gorgeous ( I have VERY high standards). The rooms are modest but like so well said I. Another review....it's not about the rooms! My room was the least expensive and it was just grat. Simple, but VERY fresh and clean.

The spa rooms were stunning and fresh. The technicians were great. The treatments were so different. My Favorite was the System Recovery. I felt SO GREAT after.

The program is so interesting. VERY busy and fun. The classes were so fantastic. I never spent any time in my room.

The fasting is hard first day but once you get the hang of it...it's not hard. This is for serious people that want to cleanse and be good for their health.

I loved the small atmosphere and meeting all the other guests. We became each others fans and cheerleaders.

iI suggest one thing... i to make the one meal (soup) at afternoon/ night more significant of an experience. I would offer a bowl, plate , large spoon and placemat for the soup once a day. That way you make more of an event of it. The cup thing bothered me and felt unsanitary. I would offer more variety of juices fresh...( same each day).

I loved the acupuncture, meditations class, and other treatments were special.

I regret not doing the PRE- fast diet which affected the colonics...my fault completely.

Bonus.....I lost seven pounds and that's not what I went for. Came back with a toolbox of how to move forward in eating and living.

If you are type A and looking to better yourself, this is it. I also made some great friends...which is also not what I went for.

A GREAT place to go solo. Most do.

LOVED it and will return at least once a year if not three times this year. I will at least sneak in three days whenever I can! but loved my six day....This puts my Canyon Ranch Experience to shame ( and one half the cost)

Room Tip: Who cares....it's not the point...I was never in it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo