“Relaxing, inspiring, rejuvenating” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sagewater Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Sagewater Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles
“Relaxing, inspiring, rejuvenating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Sagewater is unique. The mineral pool rejuvenates and revitalizes every single part of your body and soul and the views of the desert and mountains are simply beautiful. Swimming at night watching the stars with a gentle breeze, eating outside, having a glass of wine and some delicious homemade hummus Rhoni (our wonderful host) made for us... It was perfect. The rooms are lovely, very cozy, extremely comfortable and I guarantee: you will have the most replenishing sleep you've had in a while.

I definitely recommend it to everyone looking to get away to find peace, quiet, rest, inspiration and sun. You have to come and experience it for yourself. I have been to several spas in Desert Hot Springs and Palm Springs and Sagewater simply beats all of them by far.

I am looking forward to coming back... hopefully very soon.

2 Thank victoriasantamonica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had the good fortune to be a guest at Sagewater Spa and I will never stay anywhere else.
First of all, the entire place is immaculate! I have never seen a cleaner and more elegant place anywhere. The waters are truly a piece of heaven. I lay in the water late in the evening and watched the full moon light up the skies. It was such a beautiful experience, I was rejuvenated in one day. Imagine how it would feel after six or seven days. The owners bent over backwards to make sure I was comfortable. And I'm not talking about doing Yoga.

This is the best buy for the money and I know because I have frequented others spas in Desert Hot Springs and there is no comparison. Do yourself a favor and rent a room for as along as you can manage. It will be so worth it.

Room Tip: They're all good. I mean it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank andcag
west palm beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I just love Sagewater Spa. We have returned several times and I just had to write another review about it. My work is very hectic and so at times I need to get away to relax and take a vacation away from it all. Sagewater Spa to me is a jewel... the hosts Rhoni and Cristina are so warm, wonderful and caring and that sets the tone for the Spa. It is in a beautiful setting surrounded by the hills of the desert.. the light is exquisite... The rooms are beautifully done, simple and elegant. The mineral pool luxurious. It is very heavenly being there and the service exquisite. I travel from the east coast just to spend several days there to relax and recharge and be in be in the presence of such wonderful hospitality and ambiance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bengiwestpalmbeach
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Sagewater Spa is the reflection of our guests! Please know that having you stay and return is a
huge part of our paradise. Looking forward to seeing you both during Modernism Week!
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had been at Sagewater Spa for over 5 years and always our reeencounter with nature give us a sense of staying in heaven.
We travel intyernatiotionally for many years and every time we are back in USA as part of our habits it is a must to go to Sagewater Spa.

As soon as we arrive we are very welcoming by Rhoni, Cristina and Sage (Schnauzer) very therapeutic reception. The place is minimalist, but very comfortable accommodations and also conveniently equipped to be in it. Before our arrival we do a quick stop at the local market to supply us during our stay. Each room has a fully equipped kitchen so, we don't need to go out for lunch or dinner we are able to BBQ by the pool side as well as to cook easilly in the kitchen in our room. The beauty of it, we can eat by the pool under the patio area and be able to share moments with others interesting guests, or if we don't want to talk we will be able to connect with desert nature (quiet and rustic). After long trip we can't wait to soak in the pool and spa - the water is fantastic Hot Mineral very healing!!! As part of our relaxation we book incredible massages in our room by excellent professionals, because Cristina owned a large Massage School in So.California, so they know what is right for you - "paradise" - Rhoni and Cris guide us to the best treatments for our needs. You won't regreat. Just trust.
Also, they helped us to do some sightseeings around as - Joshua Tree Park, Integratron, Cabot's Museum and others to explore during our stay. Always new experinces!!!!
This is our favor spot in USA.
Thank you both for maintain this special place for us!
We can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in different rooms and our preference it is anyroom with spectacular mountain views.
3 Thank Aldo G
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful review, I know that English is your second language and you are really quite eloquent. Also, thanks again for letting our other guests know more about us and also for sending your family and friends to stay with us when they are in the U.S. Since Cristina is fluent in Spanish, Portuguese and some Italian, it's been comforting for our foreign travelers to be able to communicate in their native language. I speak English with a Boston accent which also makes for some interesting exchanges!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

The managers were very kind and welcoming. I would definatley recommend Sagewater if you are looking for a calimg and relaxing getaway vacation. The massages were great and the pool is very close so we were able to relax in the beautiful hot mineral water after. We will definatley be coming back.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank lovelyday0
PorterHouse09, Owner at Sagewater Spa, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
We have so much gratitude for our glorious guests. Everyone enters Sagewater Spa and instantly respects the property and the privacy of other guests. I've never been to a place that is as quiet and relaxed., a place to truly unwind the mind. Sage Spa is transformative.
Everyone has their own values about what is important and when it come to our top ratings I am always proud of our attention to detail and cleanliness that everyone appreciates.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We do a lot of traveling and I do quite a bit of research on lodging... with a goal to find amazing yet understated places such as the Sagewater Spa. We just got back from a two night stay for my birthday, incredible! Minimalist motel chic with the most amazing mineral water pool that you won't ever want to get out of. Rhoni is amazing and so great in helping you plan activities if you so choose, although I imagine sleeping, soaking and sunning is top priority for most guests. The key to this place is simplicity- rooms are simple as are amenities- no nightly housekeeping or turndown which is fine with me- the pool is glorious, grounds are quiet, no kids or throbbing poolside club music. Heaven.

Tips: this is a BYO food/drink place, each(?) room has a its own little kitchen and there is a BBQ by the pool. I love this idea since once you get on grounds you won't want to leave. And it allows you to eat what you want. Bring at least two swimsuits as you'll be spending most of your time in them. Prepare to bliss out.

2 Thank ty2728
Guerneville, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were lucky enough to stumble upon the Sagewater spa a few weeks ago and it was amazing. When you walk through the doors you enter a new world. We settled into our room and we were in the pool within minutes. The property was so comfortable that instead of eating dinner out, we brought it back and ate on the patio. Just such a comfortable and welcoming place. Then we had massages in our own room and whil my wife was being massaged I was getting loose and ready for my massage in the mineral pool and hot tub. These wonderful women and their little dog have created the vibe that works for us very well. I am going to go and book for December right now actually.

Room Tip: Our room had two beds and a kitchen. I don't think every room has the kitchen and that was very...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple