All reviewsprivate patiofruit treespalm springsguest roomssouth of the borderfire pitlove this placedesert oasisbig pooljoshua treekarlsaunamassagepoolsnooksprivacydegrees
Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

It pains me to write a negative review about this place, as we really liked our times spent here. As a matter of fact we enjoyed it so much that when we were here in October 2017, we asked if they ever book out the whole inn for a weekend. To our delight at the time, we were told that absolutely they can book the entire place for our family's celebration of my father in laws 85th birthday. We were very excited and asked to sign a contract. Karl the Manager assured us that everything was secure and that they were a small privately owned property and contracts were unnecessary. He showed us their reservation book and the weekend of March 3rd 2018 was wide open. We left, leaving a thousand dollar deposit and started planning our event.
We printed custom invitations, mailed them out and received all of our rsvp's, everyone planning on coming. We had 20 additional guests coming and staying at other local inns, everyone planning their schedules and time off from their jobs.
We planned out the itinerary, all the meals, booked local businesses, photographer, florist, bakery, party rentals, tables, chairs linens and hired a local band.
Last week Karl calls to say that there is a problem and we have no rooms. He said that somehow someone had booked the weekend before we did and their reservation was "misplaced ". Really?..how does any quality place suddenly find a reservation?..they already took my $1000 deposit (since returned).
Karl said he was sorry, but basically there was nothing he could or would do. This is a disgusting way to do business and you should think twice about booking anything here. Try Two Bunch Palms if you are looking for a quality place and to be treated honestly.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bargainhuntah
HaciendaHotSprings, General Manager at Hacienda Hot Springs Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2018

Thank you for your honest and heartfelt response to what was, for all, a very unpleasant situation for all concerned. I understand your feelings albeit the untrustworthy comment was not fair to the Inn and its staff. We try very hard to make sure all reservations are confirmed and void of any misunderstandings and issues. In this case with the construction of the new room and the moving of files from numerous areas a number of files were misplaced and not registered in reservation book. When going through those files after the construction I found the lost reservations and your were among them. As I told you I deeply apologize for this and it had hurt me deeply to relay the message.

I tried very hard to work a compromise between the two parties involved but I had to go by the owners rules which was first come first serve. You stated I said there was nothing I could do or WOULD do however I tried every option available to me, I tried everything. During this time the owner was no longer with us and thus that was the only option I had available to me. It had nothing to do with trust it was a rare error that occurred during a very difficult time for all. I wish I could had found a solution for it was the first time in my over 6 years this had occurred. I offered other dates to both, switching days, etc for I knew how important it was to all and respected that.

All our guests are treated honestly and with the greatest efforts in hospitality and loyalty around. This was just a very bad situation which occurred over an office changeover where some files were misplaced during a very difficult time for all. I really can not say anything more than I am very sorry this happened and take full responsibility for your situation.

I do hope you found a place to hold your birthday party and that you all have a grand time. I do wish it could have been here for I truly enjoyed you both and our talks together. I have had few regrets here at the Hacienda but this one will stand out to me for a good long time.

My best to you all and my sincere regrets for the situation you had been faced with.
Karl Stober, GM

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Karl is the consummate host. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel welcome. This place only has seven rooms so, unlike the big places, you usually have the pools to yourself. The big pool is 97 degrees and the "hot" tub is 105. Karl will adjust the temp in the evening if you like. The pools are open 24/7. The rooms are very comfortable and the grounds are absolutely stunning. Karl gets you fire wood for the fire-pit and can arrange a massage for you. Breakfast is delightful and there is a BBQ, for cooking a steak dinner, which I suggest you do because dining out in Desert Hot Springs is pretty hit or miss. South of The Border is good for Mexican. Capri is inconsistent. Oh, this place is dog friendly and allows them in the pool area.

Room Tip: Room 7 is at the end and very nice
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

The room and pool were amazing! We booked a massage during our stay and it wAs so relaxing. The grounds are thoughtfully planned for an ultimate oasis in the desert experience.
Our room had a kitchen and private patio. We enjoyed staying up late swimming and eating breakfast in the morning in the common area. The fresh fruit in the area is wonderful.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MiMerryTravels
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

This is one of our favorite places to stay. Karl is always warm and friendly. Just relaxing. Everything about this place is great. We try to stay here once a year. Rooms come with a kitchen and a small patio. Pet friendly. Recommended

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed August 18, 2017

Karl in the office is warm, friendly and welcoming. The property was pretty and clean with fun little extras like local honey and was in close proximity to a grocery store, gas stations and quite a few fast food options. The pool and spa were clean, there are lime and pomegranate trees growing all over the property and it has a great "someone's back yard" feel. Our room had everything we wanted including a spacious kitchen and drying rack on the back patio. We got facials at the little spa and they were absolutely wonderful! Will definitely go back!

Room Tip: Room 6 has a closed patio with hammock table and chairs
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends