“Couldn't ask for anything more”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Hacienda Hot Springs Inn
“Couldn't ask for anything more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love this place and everything about it. The water, the grounds and the service are all amazing. Carl is beyond accommodating and is the real bonus to an already fantastic experience. I have been coming here for years and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Torrance,ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

For a desert retreat, you could not pick a better place. Once you enter the inn, you feel like you are in a different place. The rooms are adorable. The grounds are lovely. The pool and hot tub are delightful. The one thing that made our experience less than perfect was our experience with the manager, Karl. While he was friendly and was helpful, after a certain point he talked a little too much, drank a little too much, and gave us a little too much info. The place took on a whole different vibe once we learned swingers and nudists are frequent guests. I would go back, but not sure I could talk the hubby into it again.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Cjwslp
HaciendaHotSprings, Manager at Hacienda Hot Springs Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
My dear friend and guest,
I first want to that you for your response and review of the Hacienda Hot Springs Inn. It was a pleasure having you and that for the most part, enjoyed our oasis. To speak upon your concerns I first want to say I apologize if I offended you or your husband in any way. We are known for our friendly atmosphere and interaction with our guests however it does not work all the time and we do our best keep close eye on that.

First about the swinger/nudist concern. Our policy is that we do not have clothing optional here at the Inn as well we are not a swinger Inn. The Hacienda is a soothing retreat for those to get away and enjoy the holiday they wish to have. I do not remember the conversation but I have to believe it was a miscommunication on my part and for that I deeply apologize for the confusion.

As for the drinking comment, I live here 7 days 24 hours a day, year in and year out. I, every now and then, like to enjoy a cocktail or two. Like most normal folks do from time to time. but I never have gone to excess in front of or around guests. I am an outgoing person, more than most I shall say, and rarely it's perceived as too friendly but for the most part I try to do my best and read my guests and what their personalities are. If I over stepped my bounds, I again apologize to both of you.

I have been here for over three years and met many new friends through the Hacienda. I have enjoyed many fine reviews and I have been blessed with many fond memories. I hope you both do return as you stated and please ensure your husband that I will do my best to make your next trip here a much better experience, for in the final analysis your experience is my responsibility and falls in my lap as it should any General Manager. I take full responsibility for the miscommunication and perception that was left with you.

All my best and hope to see you soon. Please feel free to call me and discuss this further if you feel its needed. I would be glad to talk to you further.

Be well
Karl Stober, GM
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We visited the Hacienda Hot Springs for the second time this year and enjoyed it just as much as our first visit. There are only a few rooms, the grounds are immaculate, the gardens gorgeous and the owner, Carl, is a great host- He is very warm and friendly. I highly recommend Hacienda to people who appreciate peace and quiet in lovely surroundings

Room Tip: Although the rooms are small they also have a workable kitchen, with fridge, oven, microwave and cof...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Santa Rosa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

This place is relaxing with a capital R! It is very romantic and a sense of peace overcomes you while floating in the warm pool (90 degrees) and walking around the beautiful gardens. The garden area has been set up with several private places to just sit and talk or watch the birds. We had the pleasure of having a a family of roadrunners for company.

The rooms are a bit on the rustic side with flat screen tvs and great products - There is a Bar-B que which we cooked dinner on each night. Our room had a small kitchenette and a private patio. We took our dinner out there and watched the stars and the eclipse of the moon. Listened to the owls singing their song during the night.,

Karl, the manager, is a sweetheart. He is gracious and accommodating. Book a stay, you won't be sorry!

Room Tip: Rooms with Kitchettes, so you don't have to leave the grounds.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shanti108
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to the Hacienda and the moment we arrived its like you walk into an alternative reality. We were visiting the area for Modernism Week and had spent the previous 2 days on walking tours in Palm Springs. We had vague plans to do stuff on the 2 following days but apart from buying supplies didn't move from the poolside. The door opens to a magical garden, with a stream, trees, flowers and a hot spring water pool that is like swimming in a natural lake- yet with water so warm and silky, and a hot hot hot spa. The bed gave us the best sleep in months.
Karl the manager is the best I've ever met, so welcoming and friendly throughout your stay, checking on you during the day as he does his monitoring of the pool temperatures. (Such a contrast to the too cool for school style over substance hotel we moved onto).
The delicious chilled spring water never runs low and his staff take great pride in maintaining the quality of the grounds and rooms. The Hacienda has an outside kitchen, which during both stays we have enjoyed making use of, BBQing while looking out across the garden and pool all subtly lit at night is such a pleasure. We have stayed in room 7- lovely rear patio with tree and hammock, room 2 - huge room with large kitchenette. For us as we like to BBQ the hammock wins. Night time swimming, swimming early in the morning watching hummingbirds dart around, soaking in the 103degree spa looking at the stars, so many wonderful memories.
There's a large communal table outside where the excellent simple breakfast is served each day and where people congregate to chat. You can be sociable or just chill in your own space, it's that sort of place. Even fully booked we only saw a maximum of 4 other guests at any one time. All the guests we met were regulars (Hi James H!) and there was one visitor who drives from LA after work just to soak and swim and then drive home, he came twice while we were there. I think that gives an indication of the love people have for this place and its restorative qualities. I wept the first time I left here in 2012 thinking that would be my only visit, no tears this time but a commitment to myself that I deserve to return.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Hacienda Hot Springs & Spa is a peaceful Oasis of lush, green, shade & quietude. It's rejuvenating properties make a lasting impression. The owner is an arbiter of taste who has gone to tremendous lengths to develop a one of a kind sanctuary complete with pure rejuvenating warm AND hot mineral pools. The rooms are charming & finished with all the amenities This is a destination worthy of the most experienced connoisseur of hot springs. I have had the good fortune of staying at Hacienda Hot Springs at least 15 times & it gets better with every stay. I can't wait till my next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James H
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed here for a week and it was wonderful. The setting is lovely: soothing and relaxing without being overdone. Our room was charming, well appointed and well decorated, with a secluded private patio and kitchenette. The hot tub was just a few steps out our front door. Across the patio was an outdoor kitchen with a gas grill and other cooking necessities. The Hacienda is small, 6 rooms, and so it feels very peaceful, quiet and homey. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and very well maintained.

The Hacienda's manager, Karl, is a gracious and welcoming host. He was always available to help with whatever we needed, and he is very knowledgeable about the area (where to go, what to see, what to expect etc.)

Overall, the Hacienda is just a wonderful place to stay. We would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Room 4 was delightful.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple