All reviews other guests mineral water palm springs new friends first timers hot tub total relaxation looking forward to our next visit two night stay low key day pass joshua tree national park can't wait to go back judy condo sangria hosts
Reviewed April 16, 2018

This is was my fourth visit to LWS. My room has always been poolside with kitchen. The rooms are always clean with a king size bed. The pools are fed by a natural spring. I spent most mornings with a start in the sauna, coffee and a yogurt from the complimentary breakfast. This visit I treated myself to their signature massage twice. Wow! The 4 day visit went by too quickly and 4 days later I am still relaxed. If your looking for a quiet place to unwind this is it. BTW: This is clothing optional but you forget about that pretty quickly. Its all about relaxing, enjoying the sun, and meeting a great bunch of people.

Room Tip: I prefer poolside rather than the condos. Its nice for me to role out of bed and go straight to the pools.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank iluvthesun2018
Reviewed March 15, 2018

I am writing in unqualified praise of Living Waters Spa (LWS), where my wife and I just completed a ten day stay. We went there knowing little about LWS but left big fans of LWS and it’s host owners, Jeff and Judy.

Living Waters is an unpretentious and low key spa located a bit off the beaten path. Virtually all the fellow guests we met came to LWS for peace and relaxation in a “real” place. They got it: many of the people we talked to were return guests; a number came every year. Gatherings around the soaking pool sometimes seemed like a reunion of old friends. We of course were newcomers to LWS. Nevertheless we were readily included in the quiet
camaraderie of the pool.

Besides the soaking pool, there is a nice heated swimming pool, a sauna and an ample pool deck well stocked with loungers chairs and tables. We could always find a quiet corner when we wanted one.

For those who want to explore there are many options. Palm Springs is close by and other desert communities such as Rancho Mirage and Palm Desert within easy driving distance. Joshua Tree National Park with its fabulous desert-scapes and beautiful hikes is also easy to reach by car.

Jeff and Judy are as low key as is Living Waters itself. Their mission is to make all their guests feel welcomed and well cared for, and they do this well. They are also warm and interesting people. It is no wonder that many guests become friends. We are on this same course too!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed March 15, 2018

A real gem of a find.

My husband and I needed a break from traveling in our rv and happened upon Living Waters Spa. What a treat! It is a European, low key, very clean clothing- optional spa. It is owned, run and staffed by a hospitable upbeat couple, one of whom is always on premises. The spa itself is a renovated 1940/50’s motel, so it has an interesting retro-feel. It includes two pools and a sauna. The pools are constantly filled and emptied with warm/hot mineral water from the deep springs below the property. Studio apartments surrounding the pools are available for overnight guests but they also have comfortably furnished condos across the street. We stayed in one of those. There were mountain views from every room and a balcony off the master bedroom large enough for a table and four chairs.

The couple offer their signature massages which combine Western and Eastern modalities. It’s a great experience.

We originally signed up for a week, but extended our stay by an additional 3 days. My husband is talking about returning next year!

The owner/managers, Judy and Jeff, make this place the special oasis it is. They are kind, good communicators, and welcoming.

A side note: we are not accustomed to clothing optional, but felt very comfortable in this place. Another guest chose to wear a bathing suit and both the owners and other guests made her feel at home by making her choice simply not an issue.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2018

This was my first time at a clothing optional resort. I felt safe and welcomed here. The staff and guests were friendly and easy to talk to. As a single man I was not discriminated against. On the contrary I was treated like everyone else. The room was clean and comfortable. The mineral waters were so healing. I recommend them for everybody. This is a great place to "get away from it all" and retreat. I loved my stay and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms by the pool are close to everything.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
3  Thank 883allen8
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

Riding on the coattails (or should I say coat-less tails) of my boyfriend's review, I also wanted to say what an amazing experience I had. Not knowing what to expect and being somewhat apprehensive at first, my fears and inhibitions quickly faded due to the serene and tranquil feel I got just from walking into the place. It was calming and comforting (hence my becoming a pro almost immediately). I was at ease with myself and my surroundings. I don't think we would have had this fantastic experience if we would have gone anywhere else. Jeff and Judy are such wonderful, gracious hosts and have created a sanctuary that I know we will return to again and again.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple