“Calm, Quiet, Relaxing...Just wonderful”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I returned this weekend from a six night stay at Living Waters Spa (LWS) a place that provides a wonderful stay in a tranquil environment. For various reasons my wife was not able to make the trip so I was traveling alone. Jeff and Judy made me feel right at home and provided me with a very comfortable room #4 with a great view and kitchen. On their web site they mention the custom made mattresses in the rooms. Whatever they did to get these mattresses it was worth it as I slept better than in my own bed at home. The facility is small and run much like a B&B which makes it even better than a hotel. The owners, Jeff and Judy and their staff, Lilly and Kate are very friendly and willing to help to make your visit to LWS and the area a great one.

Every one of the other guests I met were very friendly like what I've experienced at other clothing optional resorts. Major items in my search for a place to go was 1) somewhere where single males are accepted, 2) where it is clothing optional but without the lifestyle environment and not a party place, 3) and had good reviews. LWS hit all of these in my search and exceeded my expectations while there with the environment, massage, guests, location, etc.

Some of the other guests invited me for a night out and I had a chance to see one of the condo units. I was surprised in how very very nice and spacious they are and how they have garages. Definitely a consideration for a return visit with my wife an possibly sharing with friends.

Room Tip: I don't think there really is a 'better room'. It depends on whether you want a kitchen...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Travel_4_Relax_N_Fun

Reviewed March 23, 2013

That's right... those THREE words are the words that Jeff and Judy, owners of Living Waters Spa, have chosen to describe what can be experienced at LWS. This was our THIRD visit to LWS because we needed all 3R's... and that is what we got and more.
RELAX: quaint 1960's atmosphere without all the activity of larger resorts; time to get to know the other guests... and Jeff and Judy... and leave as friends - looking forward to seeing them again.
REJUVENATE: oh, that hot mineral springs water... one can sit in that water all day and evening... just does not get any better than the healthy feeling it creates
RESTORE: add in a massage and you will leave here absolutely feeling great... well, almost... you will have to work with your feelings about leaving this great place... but that is easy: just schedule another time. And coordinate that time with your new friends...

There is so much more I could write about: breakfast, hot tub happy hour, the view... and all without the contraints of any clothes... It just does not get any better. I just cannot figure out why we waited five years to return. Now, even five days, weeks, or months seems like a long long time.

Thanks to Jeff and Judy for creating and perserving such a safe intimate place to Relax, Rejuvenate and Restore.

1  Thank Vinny
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Jeff and Judy and staff have created a wonderful relaxing vacation oasis in the desert. Clean, comfortable, friendly and healthy! The flow-through water system makes their natural hot spring pools a special and healthy feel. The massages are fantastic. We'll be back.
W & C, Seattle, WA

1  Thank W_and_CSeattle_WA
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Jeff and Judy, you run an amazing spa, (resort) If Tripadvisor had a higher rating you would get hat too. this is a converted hotel, built in the sixties. This property is not brand new, however Jeff and Judy have given this place a first class make over and they keep it clean, clean clean. The morning breakfast is wonderful, fresh fruit, pastries, bagels, cereal, yogurt and Starbucks coffee. they have two coffee makers, as one runs out, another started right away, the last thing I want to see when I wake is an empty coffee pot.... the couples massage the best. ninety minutes of pampering, WOW ! (thank you Judy) the pool and spa are very clean and that water so nice on the skin, the spa was about one hundred degrees, the pool a little cooler both very relaxing . I will take away one half star ( now a five and a half stars) because of the smokers, if we could change one thing we would make this spa a no smoking facility, the smoke was blowing toward my wife while she was doing her morning yoga, PLEASE understand this is the ONLY thing that was not PERFECT, do not let that keep you away, this place rocks. one last item......the price.....very reasonable !

Room Tip: All the rooms are right next to the pool
2  Thank Alan C
LivingWatersSpa, Owner at Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

We are so thankful for guests like you who "get" our spa and enjoyed everything we have to offer: our mineral water pools, our restored mid-century modern building, our magical massage (BTW, this IS our passion and why we started Living Waters almost 10 years ago), and yes, our morning breakfast complete with Starbucks coffee.

We would like to comment on and clarify our smoking policy. At Living Waters Spa we have ONLY one place for people to smoke, it is at a table (and only AT the table) at our south end. All rooms are non-smoking and we have a stiff penalty if someone violates this policy. The vast majority of our guests do not smoke and we can go weeks without having anyone who smokes - really. We are truly sorry that your wife was bothered by this inconsiderate smoker and we'd suggest that next time you let us know. We'd have no problem asking the rare smoker to please not smoke while someone is doing yoga in the south end of our property.
- Jeff and Judy, Owners

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent 3 nights last week at Living Waters and came back more relaxed and rejuvenated then any other nudist resort we have been to so far. The first 24 hours was an adjustment for me personally but by the next morning I realized that tranquility was their business. I got into the quiet zone and Zen like atmosphere that embraced this little oasis in the desert and quickly conformed. It was clean, cozy, comfortable and most of all one of the more peaceful places that I have ever been to. Jeff and Judy were very welcoming, soothing and the perfect compliment to their establishment. My girlfriend and I also enjoyed a wonderful couples massage given to us by Judy and Lily.We will be coming back here for years to come.
Thank you so much for sharing with us your little slice of heaven in the desert,
Dorian and Heidi

Room Tip: We chose room # 4 which had a great view of the snow capped mountains.
3  Thank Rich M
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was our fifth stay a LWS. Everything was perfect and the people were great as always.
Jeff and Judy have a very special place and we feel lucky to have found it. The pool and spa are both filled by a natural spring which is continuously replenishing itself so there is no need for chlorine or other chemicals. The water has a silky feeling to it and has no odor like some high sulfer springs at other resorts. And, it's clothing optional!!

Room Tip: There aren't any bad rooms at LWS!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Wifey and I had a great, relaxing 3 nights at Living Waters and loved every minute of it. Turned out we were the only ones there except for the owners, so it was like our own private resort! Spent most of our time floating in the pool or laying in a chaise lounge. Room was clean and basic, pool area is nicely landscaped and very private. Owners are great and very available without being intrusive. We got a couples massage while there, which I would recommend highly! This place is a real desert gem!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms facing the pool are nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple