“Excellent Spa” 5 of 5 stars

The Spring Resort & Spa
bluedot16
“Excellent Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband and I went to the Spring for an afternoon to use their Day Spa. Our massages were excellent and the spa/resort is a lovely oasis. If you are looking for beautiful surroundings and relaxed/laid back vibe, this is the place to go. The empahsis at the Spring seems to be on providing top-notch services and a peaceful environment, rather than trying to be trendy, which is exactly what we wanted.
The staff was also a plus--I exchanged a number of emails and phone calls before making our reservations and everyone I talked to was very helpful and professional. Once we got there, they were very friendly, as were the massage therapists.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

If you're looking for a peaceful and beautiful place to relax for a few days this is the spot. Very chic with no attitude. No phony music blasting in your ears or plastic standees pushing drinks. This place is just to chill in an amazing space. If your loud, please go somewhere else. I want to perserve the nature of this cool spot. Nice crew running the place. I can't think of any negatives. Love the beds, the pools and the whole vibe. Good wi-fi too. 5 stars!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jimatsee
Lake Geneva, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

Leaving cold and snowy Wisconsin every winter for southern California, even if just for a few days, is always a pleasure. Staying at The Spring Resort & Spa for my short getaway makes it perfect! A friendly, attentive staff is always exceeding expectations and combined with the beautifully landscaped grounds, comfortable and quiet rooms, pools, spectacular views, and spa services available make The Spring the highlight of my trip, year after year. The drinking water is perfect! Digging out of the blizzard of 2011 now in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, I'm looking forward to next winter! Treat yourself to the Spring Resort & Spa on your next trip to the Southern California desert.....you'll be glad you did!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

I can't say enough good things about The Springs. It is one of the most peaceful places I've ever experienced.
The grounds are lush and tranquil. The staff was wonderful. I had a clay wrap and a massage, it was blissful. I can't remember the last time I was so relaxed.
There is something about the water that is therapeutic.
I have traveled to many mineral springs, but this was the best overall.
My friends and I can't wait to return!
I highly recommend this quiet, beautiful, peaceful spa/hotel.
Heaven on earth!

• Stayed December 2010
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

My new hubby and I came to The Spring for a sort of second honeymoon (our wedding gift from my mom). We arrived around 10 pm on a Friday after sitting through traffic all the way from San Diego. Desert winds whipped at us as we approached the gate. We were expecting to have to punch in a code to get in since the office closes at 10, but the spa attendant had wanted to greet us personally and stayed late to let us in (bonus points off the bat!). As we followed him to our room, he described the three natural, mineral pools that are available to guests 24 hours/day: 1) the original, enclosed hot pool that is kept at about 102 degrees, 2) the smaller "hot" hot tub that is outside, and 3) the largest pool, big enough for laps, that is kept a temperate 100 degrees.

As we entered our room, I immediately felt warm and relaxed by the minimalist, neutral decor and furnishings. A pitcher of chilled cucumber water waited for us by fresh flowers that the staff had arranged. I was happy to see that the studio kitchen was stocked with a microwave, fridge, stove, dishes and utensils since I had brought food for our stay. An elegant note on the bed welcomed us and listed our spa services and times for the next day.

After dropping off our bags, we followed the attendant outside and down a short pathway to the building that houses the sauna and the spa treatment rooms. A table with tea was set up in the entryway. I was impressed to hear that access to this building was also available to us 24 hours a day.

We awoke refreshed after a cozy night in our temporary home. Slipping on our "Springs" robes and slippers (both a perfect fit, I might add), we headed to breakfast room. The offerings were substantial but mostly healthy -- cereal, milk (skim or soy), an array of fresh fruits, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, OJ, and, of course, fresh coffee and tea. Breakfast left us satisfied but light-footed.

The rest of the morning, we slowly melted all of our tension away in the hot pools. The indoor pool quickly became a favorite since it provided shelter from the rare wind/rain storm that was passing over. Extra towels were abundant, as well as lounge chairs, candles, and a bowl of fresh apples. I could see from my husband's expression that this was the most relaxed he had been in months, maybe even years. We had come to the right place.

Our delightful relaxation vacation continued with our luxurious spa treatments: a Zen-Breeze Facial for me, and a Combo Massage for my husband. This being his first professional massage, I was a bit worried that it would be too much for him and his tender muscles, but the hour-long treatment left him glowing and even more relaxed. My facial was incredibly thorough and included a divine, intermittent neck and shoulder rubbing and even a foot rub at the end! I never wanted it to end.

Our second night we dozed off early, our bodies turned to jello (in a good way!). If you need a quiet, relaxing, romantic hideaway, look no further than The Springs. Try to get 2 nights in for optimal results :)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank swilensky
East Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

We were supposed to be staying in LA but hated it - so took a drive out to the desert and found this slice of heaven. We stayed in room 9 and I recommend paying the extra for that end room. It's an easy drive to Palm Springs for a night out - ask front desk as they will give you a map which has a very direct and easy route. I wish we could have stayed longer... sheer heaven. OOh and go for a full body massage and a manicure/pedicure by the pool - wonderful! My husband even had a massage and he is just not that sort of chap. Sitting in cold, grey England, we spend a lot of time day dreaming about this place. One day, we're determined to get back there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

If you are looking for a quiet oasis The Spring is just for you. This is a small relaxing little gem a perfect spot for couples¸ girlfriends or yourself. There is not much action in DHS but you are only a few minutes away from PS. If you want a large resort with people everywhere and noise this is not for you.

We love the rooms they do have a Zen look and feel and very clean. We stayed in the Mountain View suite and it is like a studio apartment, one large room but very romantic. No TV but that’s ok, because you won’t have time for it (lol). There is a CD player so bring your favorite music. The grounds are beautiful and my favorite pool was the 100 degree outside pool. Ooh la la your skin will feel so soft!

Hubby and I really enjoyed the wonderful Spa! Our facials, massage and body treatments were fantastic! My husband normally does not partake in the spa scene, but he said he was so relaxed he almost fell asleep.

I also must mention after reading about the neighborhood being run down we were looking for the worst. My husband and I travel all over the world and we don’t consider this run down. I can name a few areas on the east coast that are no comparison. Now some of the people in DHS don’t look welcoming but that’s another topic.

My only issue was transportation. We stayed for 4 nights and a car rental ran from $375 & up. A cab will cost around $40 one way from the airport or to go into Palm Springs, ridiculous! So our daring selves decided to take the bus and we were happy we did. It cost us $1 per person and .25 for a transfer which aloud you to ride the bus system for up to 2 hrs. The busses are very clean with excellent AC just make sure you get a bus schedule.

Thank you again The-Spring for a wonderful stay and special thanks to Jasmina, Tanja, Ernie, Margo & Michelle for your wonderful and gracious hospitality and service.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple