“Wonderful hideaway - 9.5 out of 10!”

The Spring Resort & Spa
Glendale, CA
“Wonderful hideaway - 9.5 out of 10!”
Reviewed April 23, 2007

I stayed at The Spring by myself for three nights, Wed-Fri. There is a charming reception/gift area and a cozy living room with a fireplace and magazines. Bowls of apples, chilled mineral water and towels are abundant. The landscaping is lush and colorful. Everything has "zen" style, but is not stark. The three mineral pools are pristine. I stayed in room 9, an end unit with a king bed and kitchen. It opens to a velvety lawn instead of right onto the pool so it's more private. It also has a "secret" hammock tucked around the corner. The bed was AWESOME and the room exceptionally clean with a zen style. Nice touches included fresh flowers, incense, a candle, cd player and a music cd burned by The Spring. The spa is excellent; I had the 3-hour Spring Day package one day, and a deep tissue massage and the Zen Breeze Facial the next. Absolutely fabulous, top-notch, blissful treatments! The staff were exceptionally friendly and accomodating. My intention is to go back to The Spring every few months for some R & R and pampering. Highly recommend!

• Liked — Beautiful environment, excellent design, high-quality spa treatments.
  • Disliked — Property was much busier on Saturday due to Day Spa guests.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
LA
Reviewed April 22, 2007

this was my second trip and it was almost better than the first time... what can i say except the staff is always accomodationg and friendly. the massage was great and everything met our expectations.!!!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed April 8, 2007

I have stayed at The Spring twice - once for a 'girls weekend' with my best friends from high school, and once to celebrate my 2nd anniversary. Both times were just wonderful. For the first visit, we rented 2 rooms with a joined kitchen - it was a perfect way to enjoy a weekend retreat, preparing our own meals and relaxing. The rooms are beautiful and well-appointed, and the staff is so friendly. Best of all, though, are the extraordinary spring waters. I can't describe the relaxation and restoration you'll feel resting in The Spring's 3 pools. The springs are even open late into the night, for a quiet last soak under the stars. I am already dreaming of our next visit!

• Liked — The hot springs, beautiful room, and total sense of retreat
  • Disliked — Need to drive to get to food or attractions
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica
Reviewed March 16, 2007

This was the perfect place to take my Mom who desperately needed to get away from the stress in her life.
We had a very relaxing time – no kids to take care of, no dogs, no TV, just a book, swimming pool, natural hot water spas, massages and quietness. What a treat. There are only 10 rooms and we understood that they were entirely booked, yet we felt like there were only a few people there and we usually had one of the spas or the pool to ourselves. There was a variety of treatment choices and our massages did the magic.

My Mom and I took the Palm Springs Arial Tramway and when we got back to The Spring in the evening it was so enchantingly lit, we couldn’t get ourselves to go to bed. We sat around the pool for hours chatting and then took another dip in the indoor spa.

And the beds! They are a treat. The sheets, the pillows, the comforter, everything is sssooo soft and smells so good. It’s never like this at home. I am so glad we found this place. I can’t wait for another excuse to go back.

• Stayed March 2007
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 16, 2007

I went to the Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells, but wanted to stay someplace quiet after all the hubub of the touranament. Someone mentioned this small enchantingly quiet place, so I called and was lucky enough to get a room for the two nights. It's the place I have always been looking for. Quiet, personal attention in an oasis like setting. I topped off the stay with a wonderful combination deep tissue Swedish massage. The best in ten years. It reminded me of an amazing massage I once had at Esalen. This is a place for that absolute get away from everything. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2007
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 16, 2007

This is the perfect getaway. You really feel like you're not in the world anymore. All you hear is the wind and birds. The rooms are beautiful. My boyfriend and I went there and cooked dinner in our room kitchen that had everything we need. It was the best place for a romantic and relaxing weekend. I didn't want to leave! We're already planning on going back!

Stayed January 2007
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 15, 2007

A friend recommended it highly. My husband and I had to get away from the work pressure. We were not disappointed. Eight rooms high above the town overlooking the valley with the mountain above Palm Springs in the distance. Quiet!! Great room. Comfortable bed. The pool and the hot tubs with great natural mineral water. We had several treatments all with wonderful massueses with great personalities. We didn't want to leave. We booked a weekend, but next time it will be longer.

• Liked — Secluded and quiet
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#5 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
#11 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Andreas Hotel & Spa
Andreas Hotel & Spa
#9 of 73 in Palm Springs

Been to The Spring Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!