Our stay at The Spring really met and surpassed our expectations. While Desert Hot Springs is still not much of a destination in and of itself -- one might call it the desert town where time has stood still -- The Spring certainly is. From the great, friendly service to the sparkling spring fed pools to the beautiful view, everything about The Spring is relaxing. The attention to detail: comfortable bedding, extra towels, spring water for the room, nice bath products, makes this a special place to unwind. In addition the basic but complete spa facilities are enhanced by the well qualified and efficient staff. It's the perfect and affordable place to get away and truly relax. Unlike most smaller, charming places in Palm Springs, The Spring is truly quiet and tranquil and with many fewer rooms you often have the pool(s) to yourself. In addition to treating ourselves to spa treatments including an expert massage, we spent a day hiking in Joshua Tree National Park, an easy drive from The Spring. The only shortcomings are 1) the bathroom in our room (#1) was very small with no tub and had weak water pressure in the shower and 2) the fact that if you want any fine dining you need to drive down into Palm Springs. That being said, The Cottage Too is a hidden gem of an old fashioned cafe for brunch or an inexpensive lunch just west of the main drag, Palm Drive in "downtown" Desert Hot Springs. Some might find the absence of a TV a hardship but if you're really trying to unplug from the grid, it's perfect. We'd highly recommend a visit to the Spring. Leave the Blackberry at home, grab your reading material and book a massage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE SPRING Resort & Spa is a magical place. Overlooking Palm Springs w/dramatic views of snow capped mountain peaks, magnificent mineral water emerges from the earth at 170 degrees, charged with healing, restorative minerals. Luxurious, romantic guest rooms surround 3 mineral pools, featuring king pillow-top beds, down pillows, duvets and 100% Egyptian cotton linens. THE SPRING Day Spa offers a complete line of spa treatments, massages, buffs, wraps, and facials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Spring Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spring Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- The Spring Resort And Spa
- Hot Spring California
- The Spring Resort & Spa Desert Hot Springs, CA - California Desert