We stayed in the Mountain View Suite, which is a secluded room behind the spa building. Used a Groupon deal which saved us like 40-50%.
Pros: Located in a quiet neighborhood amongst other hot spring hotels. Convenient parking right in front of the building (the Mountain View Suite has its own reserved parking spot) - though some may not like that the parking lot is so open (literally next to the street). Staff are friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxed, with most residents trying to keep their voices down (most, not all). The three pools are warm and the water quality is good. Their drinking water is delicious and refreshing. Complimentary breakfast was healthy and delicious (rye breads, hardboiled eggs, fruit, coffee/tea, yogurt) The Mountain View Suite itself is spacious. Amenities are from Lather, a high-end boutique in Pasadena.
Cons: The pool water could use some cleaning/filtering (a noticeable amount of hair, bugs, twigs in the water). The towels are a bit rough and frayed - could use replacing. Our biggest gripe is the Mountain View Suite climate. You get a wall unit A/C which badly needs to be replaced. Every time it runs, it emits a loud whirring sound, waking you up every 5-10 minutes. Also, you're not supposed to set the temperature below 76 degrees, (which is fine since that's what I set my home thermostat at) but the room never gets to 76 degrees. It's 100+ degrees outside and the room never got any cooler than 80. Needless to say, we couldn't sleep very well from the A/C noise and the high temps. Also, not sure how carefully the room is cleaned - some dust and hair were visible.
Overall, a unique concept, nice layout, friendly service, but the Mountain View Suite (maybe the other rooms too) need repairs or updating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE SPRING Resort & Spa is a magical place. Overlooking Palm Springs w/dramatic views of snow capped mountain peaks, magnificent mineral water emerges from the earth at 170 degrees, charged with healing, restorative minerals. Luxurious, romantic guest rooms surround 3 mineral pools, featuring king pillow-top beds, down pillows, duvets and 100% Egyptian cotton linens. THE SPRING Day Spa offers a complete line of spa treatments, massages, buffs, wraps, and facials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your The Spring Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spring Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- The Spring Resort And Spa
- Hot Spring California
- The Spring Resort & Spa Desert Hot Springs, CA - California Desert