“The Spring”

The Spring Resort & Spa
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Spring has created a peaceful, stress-free atmosphere. The natural mineral springs pools are lovely and good for body and mind. I had an excellent yoga class on the lawn. Massages, etc were not affordable for us. The Joshua Tree Park is not far and we had a good hike there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I enjoyed a Saturday get away with 2 of my daughters and a girlfriend. Driving out I didn't know what to expect because it is off the beaten path, but once inside we felt at peace and knew we had made a great decision. The atmosphere is relaxing and inviting, and the staff were very friendly yet professional. We ventured into 2 of the 3 mineral pools, enjoyed spa treatments/massages and ended our day-spa encounter with fresh fruit, cheese, crackers and a glass of Pinot Grigio. The boutique has some of the typical spa gear as well as some unique soaps and gift ideas. Although we did not stay overnight, the rates and room options are appealing and we will plan a trip in the near future to take all of that in.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Mike K, General Manager at The Spring Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you, Karen. Yes, you must visit us overnight as well! The evenings here at the Spring are amazing!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is definitely a wellness center, I came here with my family and we had a great time. We stayed in the desert villa which is off the property, but worked nicely for us as we were able to cook and BBQ, and a large space to have base camp out of. The rooms on the property are much smaller. It's not a luxury resort, and with the rate you are paying it is a good value. It's a spa/boutique environment. All pools are clean and the waters healing. We had a great time soaking in the waters both day and night. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing get away, easy for those who live in SoCal. The staff is very kind and accommodating, one thing I would recommend is just a heartier breakfast. Overall a great relaxing getaway, even for a family of 6.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JenniferSooKim
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I loved this resort/spa. It looks very plain at the outside doors but those doors open to a magical haven of peaceful beauty. The view of the mountains around the resort is stunning and on the days I was there it snowed in the mountains and left a lovely white cap. The rooms are compact, not quite so large as it seems in the ads but just as lovely. The bed was excellent. The mineral pools were wonderfully refreshing. But the jewel in this resort is the staff. They work together like a well oiled machine. They are all unfailingly kind, not just polite but kind and thoughtful. They each reflect the peaceful, meditative aura of The Spring. I would recommed The Spring for a romantic getaway, a brief honeymoon or especially for a wonderful self retreat for a busy single person who longs for a peaceful and welcoming spot to rest and recuperate from the demands of daily life. There are no televisions, cell phone use is discouraged but wi-fi is available if, like me, you would panic at the thought of not having your electronics. In short, whenever you want to do yourself a really good favor, treat yourself to the Spring!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeanne B
Mike K, General Manager at The Spring Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you, Jeanne, for your review! We take great pride in our property and in providing our guests with great service. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just got back from a night at The Spring Resort and Spa. We had gone ATVing that afternoon in the desert and my husband thought it would be good to go somewhere to ease our muscle aches. The Spring has real mineral water pools, one 105 degrees, one 100 degrees and one 97 degrees. They also have a Finnish Sauna and lots of treatments that you can book. We did the Cranio Dreamworks and although I loved the spa I didn't like our treatment. I thought we would get a head massage and neck and back and was totally disappointed. I would get the deep tissue next time I come. That was my only complaint.

I am glad we read a lot of reviews about this place and brought a dinner and bottle of wine to enjoy that evening. The spa isn't near any restaurants and all they have is light fare available. We had plenty to snack on and enjoy both that evening and the next day. They provide a breakfast that was perfect.

Drink as much of the water as you can. It is some of the best in the world. Very good tasting.

We will be back there. I loved it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Martha S
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Spring Resort is a compact gem, perfectly cute once you are inside. Well kept, casually elegant with lovely small pools in various temperatures, one firepit, one hammock, one double chaise. The tiny rooms are all facing the pool and offer almost zero privacy as they are sardine tight next to one another and sport full glass panel doors with a breezy curtain you can scooch across. The staff is spectacular (especially Mike). The Desert Hot Springs, to those virgin to this place, is an unattractive town inhabited more with released inmates than families (and I live in Venice). Nothing to do with this hotel or any of the others of course, but the environs are unfortunate as you cannot wake up in the beautiful mornings and slip out of your hotel for a pretty hike or bike ride. It's simply ugly and potentially dangerous.

This Resort Motel is set bump up against a frequently traveled road peppered with track style homes. We opted for the Villa after reading their website and reviews.We envisioned some pampering, a beautiful view, sitting outside under the stars, a glass of wine The website describes the Villa as the answer to all of our requirements, although it turned out that the photos were photo shopped.. and the vague description of the villa being "150 Yards off the property" had me fantasizing that it would be on a hill led by a rambling, twinkling stone studded path. A refreshing stroll back after a dip or massage.

Umm. no. It's down the road, then a right on another residential street so you are worlds away from the tranquil spa serenity you have been enjoying. It's like walking out of a darkened movie theater in the sunny afternoon, you are blasted with the reality of your surroundings.. When you want to soak in the spas you are forced to walk on this ugly road, use your key and feel like a day visitor. After hours of relaxation walk back to the Villa in your robe looking like a drunk 80's actor lost and high in the bushes of Malibu.

The Villa itself is trendy in a Lipstick-on-a-Pig sort of way: color consultant paint over cheesy orange peel walls, vertical blinds, west elm vibe..You better like it however, because you aren't going to chill outside at a sexy fire pit or private jacuzzi.. The "villa's" only outdoor space is a postage stamp of artificial grass with two upright chairs looking at - the driveway. This Villa is attached to another Villa so it's not all that private, either, you will have guests walking through your private patio.

On our first night I parked my car outside of the hotel, walked around to check it out, so cute.. upon returning to my car not 10 minutes later, someone stole my ipad out from under the front passenger seat and was high tailing it over the hill, the same hill the Villa is on.

The management only offered me the opportunity to talk to the police and a lot of I'm sorry's. No make up free or discounted massages or anything to get the taste of sad out of my mouth.. They offered us the use of a golf cart, but that was just weird. I could have used a massage.

Nice staff. Nice place. Terrible neighborhood, but that is what the desert hot springs is. I feel like the staff should have a sign in the parking lot warning us about thieves, maybe even locked parking.

No food except breakfast which is hard boiled egg and toasts, all super nice. But you'll want a room with a kitchenette or you'll be driving all over the place. And the place is ugly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LowMilesMom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just returned from a three night getaway at The Spring, and I couldn't be happier with the stay. Was in dire need of an escape from East Coast winter and big city crowds, and The Spring was exactly what I needed.

Stayed in a poolside king with cafe kitchen (Room 1), which was tucked behind the indoor mineral pool. Plenty of privacy and very little noise.

As a guest, you have 24 hr access to the pools and sauna, so an early morning dip in the hot pool watching the sunrise over the mountains before the continental breakfast was absolutely sublime.

Do yourself a favor and take advantage of the massage and body treatments here. The therapists are top notch. I had aromatherapy and deep tissue massages with Margot, and a lymphatic massage and scalp treatment with Gera. Highly recommend them.

The grocery delivery service is great, considering that once you step inside the front doors, you'll never want to leave - the kitchen was adequately stocked with cooking supplies, dishes and utensils.

The mineral pools are amazing. Words can't explain how wonderful the waters are - you just melt into them. Plus the fact that they are minimally treated with chlorine is great for skin/hair.

Staff was always gracious, yet unobtrusive. The grounds and landscaping are extremely well-kept. A really beautiful place in the middle of the desert to recharge your batteries.

Room Tip: Room 1 is semi-hidden behind the enclosed pool, a bit more privacy than other rooms directly facing...