“Gross and Creepy Hotel”

Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Reviewed April 19, 2007

Where do I start? This hotel is old and run down. The lobby was still decorated with Christmas ornaments in April. The lobby restroom had severe water damage and moldy smell. The hotel room, a single king bed, was dirty and the door would not close all the way unless you leaned against it. We actually slept with the light on because we were worried about bugs or someone trying to come in. The wind did come in from around the door. You could have very easily forced the door in. We also kept our shoes on except for when we slept. The pool was the only nice part about it, but it was way to windy out to enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adamandash
There are newer reviews for Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa

Reviewed February 21, 2007

My family and I spent sometime in Desert Hot Springs over the new year. It's a town that is more affordable than Palm Spring in terms of stay and yet you can drive not too far to do all the things you want in Palm Spring. There is a great shopping outlet. We stayed at the Aqua Caliente hotel which is under new management and and still work in progress. From what I've heard, the old management didn't maintain the place very well and the new management now is cleaning and fixing it up. And the other customers(repeat customers) told me it is getting alot better than what it was. For budget reason and close to the town itself, this is a great hotel. It has a swimming pool with hot spring water in it and the water is warm. It also has 2 jacuzzi(indoor + outdoor)
Don't expect 5 stars, but if you are looking for rooms it's available. We really enjoy the jacuzzi there. Staffs are friendly and will definitely stay there again. -kc

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank travel8will
Reviewed February 11, 2007

I had stayed here for a total of 4 nights and all i can say is that i loved it! The employees were so nice and the mineral water helped me relax on this short, but wothwhile vacation. if you are looking for a get away, come to the agua caliente hotel and mineral water spa to relax. Not the classiest place, but definately calm and comforting. It was never loud, the pool felt so great, and i got nothing but smiles from the employees. I had a great time here.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deadmeat
Reviewed December 20, 2006

My husband and I have visited AC Hotel for a few mid-week days each of several recent years. The rooms didn't smell. They were always reasonably clean. There have been missing light bulbs, and TV remotes, etc., but the desk was always quick to fix any deficiency. The spa service (massage) was professional. The pool is wonderful.
We book a spa suite to skinny-dip in privacy at all hours. Our idea of heaven. We'd like to take the spa room home with us. I've always liked the lack of "glitz". I prefer the company of birds and jack rabbits in the courtyard and the quiet.
The decor has never changed and could certainly use an upgrade. It is a bit more shabby each year and we really miss Doc's diner, which offered great low cost meals, without having to leave the site.
They used to offer some good web coupon specials, but the website has changed and the prices appear to be creeping up. I don't know if they've done any recent redfurrbishment to merit higher prices. We will have to go back after the first of the year to find out.

Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank segue2000
A TripAdvisor Member
La Crescenta
Reviewed January 2, 2006

This is a very simple hotel but the Jacuzzi suites make it worthwhile. The reason I'm giving it a "neutral" is because there is nothing fancy here. However...if you'd like your own private Jacuzzi for around $130 a night (vs. the $400+/per night you find elsewhere in DHS and PS) this is the place for you. It is a shame that the same person wrote several negative reviews - I'm not sure they'd be happy anywhere they went - but for us, this is a decent (not fancy) place where we can have some time away, relax with our own private mini-pool and we can easily afford it.

• Stayed: September 2003
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 31, 2005

Three of the "reviews" which appear here are obviously written by the same digruntled person or couple. My wife and I have stayed at this spa several times over the past few years and find it to be a great value. It is not a luxury facility, and the modest room rates reflect that fact. The mineral pools include both full sun and covered gazebo for the sunburn prone. You get a lot for the price, which is my definition of "value". The major diappointment is that the on-site diner is now closed.
I have never found the rooms nor the pools to be dirty.

• Stayed: January 2005
3  Thank earlpiercy
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed October 23, 2005

My husband and I went here for his birthday. I bought his a 2 night spa package. Needless to say we only stayed one night and had no spa treatment. The rooms were really gross. Everything appreared to be dirty
It looked fine in the website pictures. However, we found it to be shabby and dirty. Tthe furniture and rug were scarred and stained. We were scard to go into the pool. We drank ourselves to sleep just to deal.
This place is DISGUSTING! Very dirty.The room smelled and I refused to take a shower! We left after one night.The TV in our truck was better than the one in the room.The rooms were really gross.
THIS PLACE IS SCARY!
It was a complete disappointment.. However, we found it to be shabby and dirty.

• Stayed: October 2005
#9 of 73 in Palm Springs
Two Bunch Palms
Two Bunch Palms
#4 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs

Been to Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa? Share your experiences!