“Good old building”

Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I called the front office this morning to ask for the location of the Gym but was told there was none. That was pathetic.
I have never stayed in a hotel that do not have a Gym. Please make every effort to build a gym.
The spa room was good only one area works.

Room Tip: The spa massage is very expensive that it will not make any difference if I use the $25.00 coupon...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank patty u

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My friend and I just returned to a quick escape to Palm Springs for her birthday... We had a great time at Aqua Soleil. The groupon deal included a night's stay as well as a bottle of champagne, 20% the restaurant (which was wonderful- even a vegan breakfast option!) 2 free drinks (anything you want- not some crappy house drink), 2 $25 vouchers for the spa and a jade massage bed. What a deal! It's a little far from palm springs and a bit in the middle of nowhere, but who cares? We wanted to drink by the pool and escape life, so it was perfect! 24 hour pool and jacuzzi, which we enjoyed, but it was a little loud at night. Didn't bother us, but if you're sensitive to PM noise, bring ear-plugs./ Beds were fine and the decor was ADORABLE> A lot like the Ace- renovated small motel into a cute little spot with trendy decor. We had fun for sure. Thanks! Oh, and the staff was super friendly and because I mentioned my friend's birthday, we got a little treat! So unexpected and fun!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank brucebruce1
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place was no better than a cheap motel - yes newly renovated rooms and classy lobby, but the pool and "hot spring" sauna were WIDELY discouraging. The rooms were very small and beds uncomfortable. If you are going to charge 4 star hotel prices, we expect that in return.

Not to mention the coffee was terrible - if you can't get coffee right, not sure what that says. I literally put in 7 creams and it STILL never changed colors - stayed JUST as black as when I first got it. When I asked the bar tender to help me dilute it some with hot water, she thought I was asking for the world and gave some major attitude.

Not to mention the "free internet" was EXTREMELY slow (even during the day when not as many people were on it).

I will not be returning to this hotel and highly recommend no one does either (even with groupon discount) OR unless they start charging $30/night because that is all it's worth.

I will say the gentleman working the front desk was very nice and courteous. Wish I remembered his name, he was working Friday night around 10pm 8/2/13.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Bex L
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our stay. The staff is very friendly and the food is okay. Doug was very accommodating which persuaded us to stay another night. We are surely coming back !! Let night forget to give the bartender two thumbs up on making strawberry margaritas

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank LQ5
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was nervous at first but it ended up being a very nice place to stay. The staff was friendly, the room had a freshly remodeled bath with nice glass tile and the other patrons were friendly. Breakfast was lacking but the dinner choices and drinks were very adequate. The two food items that stood out were the roasted beet tartar and the Mediterranean platter. The pool and hot tubs were not natural hot spring fed but they were clean and had drink service. This is a hotel that has seen better days but it’s great for the price. The rooms were quiet and I think it would be a fine place for kids. It wasn’t perfect for the total romantic getaway but it was relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I traveled to southern California and Arizona and stopped at the Aqua Soleil hotel on our way through. We were there for 4 nights on a Groupon. As part of the special, we received a discount on the restaurant, a bottle of champagne for each Groupon purchased (3x) and use of the "Jade" massage beds.

My first impression of the hotel was not great. The curb appeal is somewhat lacking, but once I got over my initial impression, they won me over with their newly-rennovated rooms and great guest service. The spa treatments were a bit over-priced, easily 20 to 30% higher than we paid in San Diego at the Westin on the same trip.

Overall, I'd give the Aqua Soleil 4 out of 5 stars. It's not perfect, but it's pretty nice! My wife and I agree that we'd stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: Spring for the suite. They're large and they all come with their own mineral pool inside the roo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I decided to check this place out on a Groupon deal with a friend.

Location:
The hotel is located about 10 minute drive from downtown Palm Springs and I-10. There are a few stores and shops around in the area but we ate in Palm Springs. The hotel does have a restaurant and bar but I did not try it.

Staff:
The staff at this hotel are wonderful from front desk to house keeping!

Room:
Nicley decorated and kept up and clean.
Linens ok, nothing special.
Cable tv.
2 queen beds, was facing the street, and it was possible to hear the traffic when the ac shut off, so if you desire a very quiet room ask for one in the back of the hotel complex.

Pool:
Its HOT here in the summer! 105-115 degrees while we were here so the pool is amazing. The hotel does have lounge chairs, pool towels and some umbrellas for shade. They could do with a few more or another covered area for guests who are ready to escape the sun. They have 2 hot tubs one covered and 1 outside. Also provide guests with 2 empty hotel rooms for men and women to change or shower after using the pool.

Massage:
Tried the jade bed massage and that was really not good. If it comes free with a special go give it a go, its worth a laugh, but if I had paid $25 I would be very disapointed. Basically a mechincal bed with rollers. I did not try the other spa or massages as they were really expensive. If the hotel or massuse lowered their prices they may find they get a lot more buisness.

The hotel does allow pets with a deposit, has an elevator, (though it can be a bit hot) and vending machines and all the free ice water you can drink in the lobby.

Overall I really liked this hotel. It needs a few minor repairs like one of the front doors not working, the hair dryer in our room was not working but the staff and the fantastic pool more than made up for that. I might suggest guests might really love this place if the hotel could find a way to provide some covered parking as your car becomes an easy bake oven out there in the desert!

Room Tip: Room on the front of the hotel have more street noise when and if ac shuts off.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends