This place was no better than a cheap motel - yes newly renovated rooms and classy lobby, but the pool and "hot spring" sauna were WIDELY discouraging. The rooms were very small and beds uncomfortable. If you are going to charge 4 star hotel prices, we expect that in return.
Not to mention the coffee was terrible - if you can't get coffee right, not sure what that says. I literally put in 7 creams and it STILL never changed colors - stayed JUST as black as when I first got it. When I asked the bar tender to help me dilute it some with hot water, she thought I was asking for the world and gave some major attitude.
Not to mention the "free internet" was EXTREMELY slow (even during the day when not as many people were on it).
I will not be returning to this hotel and highly recommend no one does either (even with groupon discount) OR unless they start charging $30/night because that is all it's worth.
I will say the gentleman working the front desk was very nice and courteous. Wish I remembered his name, he was working Friday night around 10pm 8/2/13.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains and at the edge of Joshua Tree National Park is the city of Desert Hot Springs, California, where you will find one of the best kept spa hotel secrets called the Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa. Our hotel features three gleaming pools filled with hot mineral water drawn from the Desert Hot Springs aquifer deep beneath the earth's surface by our onsite well. For centuries this odorless and mineral-rich water is believed to hold curative powers. We offer a variety of well-appointed room types to fit your needs, all of which have been recently remodeled. Our Single Queen and King rooms afford comfortable accommodations with unique and radiant color schemes. Our Double Queen rooms offer a second queen-sized bed and are ideal for guests needing additional space. Our Soleil Suites feature a huge 6x10' private, jetted mineral water pool inside of the suite. Our full-service spa, The Spa at Soleil, offers a number of relaxing and rejuvenating body treatments, facials and massages. The Aqua Soleil Hotel and Mineral Water Spa is the ideal getaway spot for those looking for a serene and relaxing atmosphere at an affordable price. Some might say we offer a taste of Palm Springs, just 15 minutes away, without the Palm Springs prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Desert Hot Springs
- Aqua Soleil Hotel And Mineral Water Spa
- Agua Caliente Hotel
- Agua Caliente Resort
- Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa Desert Hot Springs, CA - California Desert