“Beautiful Weather”

Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We purchased a Living Social Getaway. The property is a renovated 60's motel. It was clean and the service was friendly. The hot tubs were wonderfully relaxing. Since we were there during the week, the restaurant was closed but there was coffee in the lobby. We enjoyed our time there and felt the getaway was well worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Aqua Soleil Hotel

By William

I drove off the desert into a splendid oasis that struck my eye for its unusual name: Hotel Aqua Soleil----Hmmm, Latin and French for water and sun in the American Indian country of Desert Hot Springs, where underground mineral water pools truly bless the land. The hotel owned by Europeans, which gives it a unique sense of aesthetics, attention to detail and the gentle exchange characteristic of the old world while sensitively catering to Americans and tourists the world over.

The hotel is located in a town that is scantily developed, even though it’s getting a facelift. It’s just north of State highway 10, and 8.5 miles from downtown Palm Springs. There isn’t much to do in the neighborhood except for two or three nearby restaurants, a couple of cultural attractions and mostly nature activities.

I lodged for a weekend in early spring 2012. The night air breezes felt as silken as the hotel tap water, which comes from the same natural local source. The water is indeed the hotel’s main attraction. It can be enjoyed in the outdoor jacuzzi under a gazebo, in the swimming pool adjacent to it, or in the private jacuzzies in any one of six suites on the first floor of the three-storied hotel that accommodates nearly 80 rooms. The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. There is a simple elegance to them, no matter in what room category you lodge according to your budget.

While the square-shaped hotel built around a central yard is larger than it seems, it has an intimate feeling to it. It is a quiet place. Even though the occasional child will run and scream its joy, it doesn’t quite disturb the guest’s rest in his or her room. The indoor yard is smartly put together with lounging areas without detracting from a garden feeling. They have a barbeque and for night-time gatherings, a fire pit. Palm trees dot the courtyard.

At night, the hotel provides its own recreation. The pool area becomes an outdoor movie theater on a large screen. It sound is audible only to those near the pool.

There is a quaint restaurant on the premises with a rather sophisticated menu. It is modern in appearance and the staff is devoted to good service without encumbering your conversation at the table. Ask for Gaby. She is a delightful waitress. Even the ladies that do the room cleaning are courteous and helpful. Sabine, the general manager, makes sure everything runs smoothly. Ella, the front desk manager, will make sure your stay is pleasant. David and Lewis, in the front desk, are cordial and assist your inquisitiveness with suggestions and charm.

The hotel is delightful. It’s not a far drive from the bustle of Palm Springs—but once you’re nestled in, why would you want to go anywhere else?

Aqua Soleil gets under your skin. When you depart, you’ll want to pick up its card from the front desk. At that moment, something in you will resist driving off and leaving it behind as a pleasant memory.

www.aquasoleilhotel.com
14500 Palm Drive, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240 760-329-4481

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William420
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Went here on a living social deal and the entire experience is just average. The hotel was obviously run down and the owners have updated the rooms with new flooring, paint, tile in the bathroom etc. but under it all it still feels old. There were not enough lounge chairs by the pool so guests were laying on the ground to get sun. This is a spa finder hotel which amazes me. There is no actual spa. My 90 minute massage was in a hotel room. Just strange. Don't think I would come back. Even on another "deal".

• Stayed: March 2012
6  Thank Stephanie W
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I bought this deal from Groupon and it was also recommended by my friend. Aqua soleil is a very clean and friendly environment. The hot tubs are very clean and very Hot!!! The great thing about this place is that the tubs and pool are open 24hrs. Great customer service from every personnel, specially from the room service ladies!!! loved it

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jfau B
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I thought this was Motel 6. Room was small, old, and even smell. No tub, just shower. Even Motel 6 is probably better than this room. Pictures on the web are nice, but far from the real room. Don't waste your money, I did waste mine. You pay a little more and get much much nicer hotel in Palm Spring which is 10 min from Desert Hot Spring.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CJSanDiegoCA
Reviewed March 27, 2012

So, I was supposed to go to "The Springs'' last weekend but I wasn't very happy with the prices. The workers there had tricked me into getting a package deal of two with 4 kinds of messages, but turned out I had to split the 4 between the two of us. So, the total was going to come down to about 1,900 for 2 of us included taxes and tips. So, I was on group on browsing around when I got a promotion code for $169 only. It sounded so good to be true. So I called thinking that it's too good to be true, the hotline worker helped me to complete my reservation. Wow! Aqua Soleil had the day available for me, 2 nights of stay for only $169. The Hotline Worker was so nice that he made sure I knew about the massage deal which was $25 off. When I had told him that my friend and I will be getting total of 8 messages, he right away reserved our appointments and made sure I was aware of all the good things they had at their facility. So, the day of our vacation, we headed to Aqua Soleil, got there earlier than our check in. The greeted us nicely, welcomed us right away, checked us in before our time, and if I'm not mistake, his name was Sandee, he had told us that he had a surprise for us. Turned out, after our phone conversation, Sandee spoke with his supervisor in regards to our 8 messages. They were so kind that they gave us 10% off on our next 3 messages that we each had. We headed to our room, beautiful, neat, clean, cozzy room right away made us feel like we are home. So we unpacked and headed downstairs to eat. The restaurant had just opened, so we got our Welcome Drinks (foorr free!!), and we sat next to the water until the waitress helped us with our orders. My friend ordered steak and i order seabass. Now, let me tell you this, I am soo not a steak person, but my friend shared a piece with me, and I LOVED IT! My seabass was very well cooked and tasted so yummy. The massuses (hope I spelled right) were so kind and respectful that we didnt feel any uncomfortable feelings in our tummy. So, to cut my lovely, wonderful, peaceful, joyful story short, the total came down to not more than $1,200 for both of us'; which means, we saved about $600 .... Come onnn, who wouldn't?? I would highly recommmend you to visit Aqua Soleil and enjoy your stay at their resort, the mineral waters make you feel so relaxed, the staff is so friendly and kind that is ready to do anything and everything you ask, the staff knows all kinds of language such as Russian, Armenian, Spanish and etc... so you won't feel any akward miscommunication. The massuses are very well trained to know how to balance your energy, and make your pains just go away. I am so glad that I found you on Groupon Miss/Mr. Aqua Soleil. Not to forget, but I met so many nice people there, even the peopel who were staying there were so kind and friendly. I think it's the ambiance :))) Thank you so much for greatt time, can't wait to go back!!!!

Room Tip: Just read my review, I think it will be very helpful and convincing :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Angelina O
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Agua Soleil has beautiful and relaxing outdoor pool area. The pools are hot and clean with really beautiful landscaped poolside area. I really enjoyed my first day/night there. First day I had no problems and encountered very friendly and helpful staff. They renewed my stay for another night without difficulty. Maid was pleasant and cheerful. The lobby is beautiful and comfortable. There is melon water provided that was delicious and hydrating.

The rooms are a bit modest, but very nicely appointed (regular rooms) and the beds while not luxurious were of acceptable comfort. There is a fridge and coffee maker and hairdryer in the rooms. Although he coffee maker in one of the rooms did not work, which made for a hasty checkout, spending 20 minutes wiping up water (the filters provided did not fit the machine). Fairly clean, although not immaculate. I did find a few hairs and there was extensive stray crayon coloring on the desk and fridge. But I considered it passable. Nice toiletries provided.

I highly recommend this place for the pools. However unfortunately for lodging, the walls are paper thin. Aqua Soleil does offer decent value with the pools, if your neighbors don't spend time in their room other than to sleep. I could hear ever word of conversation or grunt of my neighbors. Which for my first night worked out fine. I did hear brief talking but that was it, and went to sleep. The second night, different neighbors, different story. They were having a crazy romance next door which kept me laying awake in bed for hours. I desperately needed to sleep, I tossed and turned for hours thinking it would soon end. I phoned the front desk requesting to move to a quieter room, the Customer Service Manager was unaccommodating and abrupt. He said absolutely no other "non-spa" rooms were available (yet less than 10 cars in the parking lot and clearly most of guests had checked out after the weekend). He told me the only option he could provide, would be to ask my neighbors to quiet down. I could hear every word, yet they were not yelling or doing anything wrong. NOT an acceptable solution.

After that, I could still here every word, and called back forty mins later. Thankfully, a different guy was attending the front desk, who was very pleasant. Turns out there were plenty of other rooms and he moved me to the next room over, which while it had a snoring neighbor was a huge improvement! Otherwise, I would have had checked out at midnight and had to find other lodgings in order to get to sleep. :(

I saw the bad desk clerk the next morning and asked him why he didn't just move me when I first called, since there clearly were rooms available. He only came up with dishonest excuses for making me suffer needlessly. Customer Service in his title is a joke. As much as I love the pools at Aqua Soleil, I will not go back as long as the "Customer Service Manager" called Dave is working there. There are other beautiful hot springs hotels in the area with excellent customer service.

In my world, if a guest is suffering you offer a workable solution, even if you have to upgrade them. Moving all your stuff at midnight, when you have been trying to sleep for a hours is not a privilege. I lost my hairbrush and a phone charger due to the moving hassle.

On a side note: there is a delicious taco stand/bar which is open late, just a few blocks North from Aqua Soleil.

Room Tip: Get blotto so you pass out and won't hear your neighbors.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
#9 of 74 in Palm Springs
Two Bunch Palms
Two Bunch Palms
#4 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs

Been to Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa? Share your experiences!