“Loved my stay at Highland Spring Waters”

Tuscan Springs Hotel and Spa
Los Angeles, California
“Loved my stay at Highland Spring Waters”
Reviewed March 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Highland Spring Waters (it used to be called Highlander Lodge) and we were pleasantly surprised to find such a gem in desert hot springs! The hotel has been newly remodled and it shows! The pools are awesome and the decor is overwhelmingly adorable. Don't be scared off by the front of the hotel because once you step in the doors you cannot believe where you have been transported to. The place has an old world European charm to it and you can tell extra special details were taken into consideration. I would highly recommend this hotel as well as their spa. The massage by Art was wonderful! They say he is their full time massage therapist and he was wonderful!!! The spa was adorable as well. I can't wait to go back!!!!

• Liked — Quiet relaxing atmosphere and wonderful spa services
  • Disliked — Nothing!!!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank quenivere

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 3, 2008

I have been going to Desert Hot Springs for over ten years now and I have stayed at many of the hotels in the area. I have stayed at the Moroacco, Spring, Hope, Hacienda, and many more but it was not until my last trip where I stayed at the Highlander. I was absolutely amazed by the location. First off, the location is a perfect hide away with Tuscan decor and a friendly atmosphere. The pool and jacuzzis are wonderful and amazing. They have fresh mineral waters that truly made my muscles relax and put me at ease. Their bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on, I wish I could have taken one home with me. And their spa is to die for. Small, cute, and very clean I had the best massage I have ever had in my life. Over all my stay was the perfect get away. I can't believe it took me over ten years to find this place. I can promise you that after going to the Highlander I can't imagine trying any other place. It is the best that Desert Hot Springs has to offer!

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank RRosaLosAngeles
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed June 26, 2007

Highlander Lodge, Natural Hot Springs Resort and Spa was a great place to stay with well-appointed rooms, one of the best beds I've ever slept on, and friendly, helpful management. The location is superb and scenic along the rim of the valley and the "hot springs" water is pumped from beneath the hotel. Plenty of room in the jacuzzis and swimming pool with lots of lounge chairs and towels for sunning. All in all a very enjoyable stay and one I can easily recommend.

• Liked — Well-renovated hotel with plenty of room to spread out.
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BugsyMalone
West Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed January 7, 2007

When you need a place to collect your thoughts, free yourself from the city rush and needed a break from it all ... Highlander Lodge is the absolute release.The place provides serenity and tranquility that is just perfect overlooking the mountain while relaxing at the jacuzzi. This place gives you a friendly ambiance as well as the people managing the place.

• Liked — Reasonable price, mountain views, staff
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
4 Thank N3371E
Del Mar, CA
Reviewed January 1, 2007

Highlander Lodge is the ideal romantic getaway. The newly remodeled rooms were very charming. The views of the property are the best in the area. This is not a resort, it is a quiet place for a couple to get away from it all.
One of the best amenities of the location is the indoor mineral pool and sauna. If the winds of the desert are too brisk for you, you still can enjoy the healing power of the hot springs. The owners are friendly. A great place to stay in Desert Hot Springs!

• Liked — indoor mineral pool
  • Tips/Secrets — The owners have onsite cats. Not a bother, but not good if you are allergic.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mswarner78
Ojai, California
Reviewed August 14, 2006

We have been frequenting the Highlander for years. Sure, DHS is a little rough around the edges, but that's part of the charm. The beauty and tranquility of the Highlander, the views and breezes from the natural mineral pools, and the hospitality can't be matched. For those of you looking for an undiscovered gem tucked away in the hills, you'll be pleased. The owners have been improving the lodge year after year, with newly remodeled rooms boasting private mineral baths and added spa services all in the European tradition. Take a look around, their are some mighty high scale spas charging a great deal more in the same neighborhood, yet the Highlander has by far the best views of the city lights and mountains.

Stayed July 2006
3 Thank sofiasthedog
Reviewed May 14, 2006

Based on recent reviews and thier web site, we made resrvations at the highlander. We knew we were in trouble when we were driving in and the neighborhood kept getting worse. Once we reached the lodge, we couldn't believe it was the same place we saw on the interent. The parking lot and exterior had a shabby run down appearance. It had not reiceved any maintenance and upkeep in quite some time. There were weeds growing in the cracks in the pavement and cigarette butts on the ground. My husband wanted to leave immediately, but we went in to check out the room. It was small and stale. We ran away from this place. We almost turned around and went back home. I couldn't believe they wanted a top price for such a run down property.

Stayed May 2006