“bathrobe anyone?”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Walking into this small but very tastefully decorated restaurant I was in awe of the beauty of the décor which was very well done and original and relaxing and artistic, with a great color palate.We were seated at a small table for two... that was close to the fireplace a bit HOT at times but none the less comfortable. Now here comes the bomb. Everyone including myself was dressed well as this isn't a pool café its a fine ding restaurant in a resort/ spa.. or so I thought? in comes a table of 4 with the couple in their bathrobes! Not joking, and the other two men in t -shirts very casual as well. seriously? it threw us right off the main course! hahaha .That has got to be NOT allowed, surely there is some dress code here? The average person with any class or common sense or PRIDE would take the time to go to their room and change for dinner.I don't care who you are, that was absolutely dis-respectful looking at this guys exposed feet while I attempted to enjoy myself. Now lets move on to the food. The chef here is Not an executive chef by any stretch of the imagination. The proportions were so off and the plating terrible. The ahi tuna was hard and bland tasteless except for the over use of cracked pepper. Not a good sear, almost raw and cold and blah. I actually picked up with my fork an entire wilted bok choy bulb that resembled a green octopus. The chef didn't even cut the end off or take the time to just add a few leaves which would have been sufficient not the entire BULB! the two carrot spears dirty un cut ends,, I basically left everything on the plate it was un edible except for the wasabi pureed potatoes were were delicious. The wines were good as was the cheesecake but my friends pasta entrée also was bland and he ate almost none of it. The chef needs to go back to culinary school, because I cook better than him and plate better as well. If you have a high end spa and want to compete with the Big boys then something has to be done about the food. The staff however were really friendly and pleasant but for the price you pay the quality was NOT there at all.

2  Thank LoliB818

Reviewed March 16, 2014

A friend and I went to breakfast at Two Bunch Palms this morning. It's nice to have a really attractive and good restaurant in Desert Hot Springs. DHS is kind of the poor stepchild of the desert and it's great to have such a wonderful spot as Two Bunch Palms and it's restaurant.

I'd been here last year and while the food and service were good, the decor seemed really odd for such an upscale spa. It was very dated, sort of heavy, pressed oak furniture.

The remodel has been done well and is very attractive. It's a totally different look, much more contemporary, light, airy, and really well designed and furnished. What a really pleasant place to start the day, whether you're staying at Two Bunch Palms or coming in from the outside. We had a table right by the window which afforded us a great view of the grounds and overlooking the valley.

To be honest, while this questionnaire asked me to rate the bar scene, that's not something that's a priority for me with regard to a restaurant, so I'm not the best to person to judge a "bar scene".

The menu is extensive for breakfast, with options for various diets as mentioned in another review. I opted for the eggs Benedict, it was my splurge day, and I decided to enjoy the hollandaise which turned out to be very fresh and light. Mine also came with a very nice ham, spinach and a broiled tomato with the eggs. I had a delicious glass of fresh squeezed OJ. My friend had the special omelet which seemed to have asparagus in it, topped with many slices of a beautiful avocado. His was accompanied by a small compote of fresh fruit which looked great. I was so tempted to order the steel cut oatmeal, but I'll do that another day.

What didn't seem to be standard fare, butter for the whole grain bread (looked delicious), or salt and pepper for the table, so just ask the server and they'll bring them to you.

The service was very good, attentive, polite. My only suggestion is to not have the server put the check on the table while guests are still eating. OK if it's a question of people lingering over coffee, but when someone is still actively eating the main course, not a good thing. Otherwise, it's good service.

I will be definitely going back to try lunch and dinner. I own a house in DHS, but I live most of the time with my partner in another desert city. It's nice to have an option for a nice meal in a really attractive space closer to home. I'm still tempted to book a room for a weekend at Two Bunch Palms. It's a really unique spa environment.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I dont think DHS has anything at the same level like casino restaurant . Quality, and service outstanding!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great service, seasonal menu w/ selections to suit all tastes and dietary restrictions. Bar area is okay, I think that could definitely use some updating. The restaurant is in Al Capone's old casino and it has a great fireplace, excellent views, and great food but needs to have a few more modern touches (especially night time lighting).

1  Thank 711BetsyG
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Good to not have to leave the grounds for meals
Missed the morning option previously offered to have buffet selections/included in room fee rather than sit-down meal.