If you're looking for a peaceful, all-natural, relaxing experience, this natural spa is worth the trip. There are a few small backroads that lead to the resort itself, but signs marking a famous landmark (Cabot's Museum) helped us arrive. We arrived a little early and greeted by a down-to-earth manager who was willing to let us check in. We were greeted with fresh local mineral spring water blended with citrus and cucumber that spoiled all other drinking water for us. The retro-modern rooms, influenced by the building's history combined with a local architect's flare for color, gave the rooms new, but familiar feel to them.
There are two pools (one hot and another standard swimming temperature) which allow you to cycle your body's heat. I'm not medical doctor and cannot attest to the health benefits, however this cycling feels great. The resort is quite small with 12 rooms, but this leads to a certain intimacy which further adds to the overall relaxing atmosphere of the resort.
Breakfast consists of simple, yet high quality staples such as blueberry bagels, wheat toasts, hard boiled eggs, and a wide variety of fresh fruits.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a relaxing escape from the busy technology-driven American worklife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miracle Manor Retreat is a six-room 50s era spa motel that sits atop Miracle Hill. The Miracle lies in the aquifer some 400 feet below the surface – the source of geothermal mineral waters. Innovatively restored by its owners, artist April Greiman and architect Michael Rotondi, the Manor’s highly detailed simplicity invites reflection, renewal and rejuvenation with two therapeutic geothermal pools, customized spa treatments, peaceful aesthetic and seamless embrace of its desert surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Miracle Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Manor Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Miracle Manor Desert Hot Springs, CA - California Desert