Go look at the website for this place...it is SO deceiving! I wanted to plan a romantic 3-day, Valentine's day weekend for my husband and I, I looked up spas in the palm springs area and found the website for this "Hotel & Spa Resort". The website made it sound secluded, all-inclusive, like what a fancy spa experience should be. It was NOT that. we arrived, we were send to park in an unfenced parking lot that had a big sign that said "park at your own risk" we asked the front desk person and she said that "this area is sketchy at night". We found our room which was advertised as a king-size suite with Mountain view. The rrom was very "motel" like with eighties furnishings that were dirty. No shower curtain in the shower, and no bath robes. The pools were full of drunk "teens". That's when we found out the pools were 24 hr pools that were open to the public if they paid a 8$ admission. That just gives you an idea of the rif-raf that was allowed in. 2 of the pools were dirty with debris floating on top. There was a guy in the hot tub in his boxers. YUK. The restaurant was also dirty and the food was not even "Denny's" quality. The "sports-bar" was having kareoke night and all the "local-yokels" were there, drunk and obnoxious. Save your money, at almost $300.00 for 2 nights, this was a waste. We didn't even stay the 2nd night. Oh, and our room was near the main gate to the pool, so all night we heard these trashy people going in and out of the pool and it's loud, squeaky gate. DON'T GO THERE, you will be upset. :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel is famous for its natural hot mineral water! So come for the day and use our eight natural hot mineral pools. A classic example of retro 60s architecture, the Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel features fifty comfortable rooms wrapped around a large courtyard with towering palms and eight shimmering natural hot mineral spring pools open 24 hours. Spa-goers and sun worshipers come from far and wide to partake in the restful and relaxing atmosphere.Spas are nice, but natural mineral spring spas are paradise! We offer the desert’s most extensive and affordable spa therapies and beauty treatments in a fun, casual setting.You’ll also enjoy indoor and outdoor dining at the Sunshine Café, or sip your favorite beverage in the Sports Lounge or poolside while you sun and soak.And the Desert Hot Springs Spa is pet friendly! We also offer room service and wireless Internet for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Hot Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel CA - California Desert