“Not High Class, but Good Value”

Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Reviewed February 28, 2014

What great hot springs pools. Week days that we were there were not crowded although locals can get day passes to the pools. Our room was definitely dated but clean. Rooms were huge and our king size bed was really comfortable. All staff friendly and the little restaurant very adequate and great selection and prices. We had the grilled chicken salad and the soup special which really hit the spot and right on the pool deck! We paid $91 and change for one night.including tax. We soaked twice and really rested up. Our skin felt really soft and the pools were kept hot and varied. Nice down to earth place.

Room Tip: We had a cheaper room on the second floor back side, but very easy access to the pools. Poolside wou...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I'm so glad you had a great stay! And touched on everything, from large clean rooms, amazing hot mineral water, speedy affordable cafe and solid customer service. We hope to see you back again.

Reggie Bickford

There are newer reviews for Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed in a queen poolside room. Surprisingly large rooms but very basic and out dated. Can't expect anything better for a 2 star hotel. I was expecting the rooms to be much worse based off the reviews, and the pools to be much better. Was disappointed in the pools (all quite cold). All in all, if you're looking for a bargain hotel to stay at for exploring the desert, this is a decent option.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Hi Frank,
Thanks for leaving your post. I'm glad everything was adequate for your stay, but wish you came away with a better soak in the water! We do pump water out of the ground at 140 degrees 24/7, and there is only one pool we keep cool. We hope you stop in again sometime.

Reggie Bickford

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I come all the time. But every time we book a room something happens. Either I am charged for an extra night or I can never get in my room by 3pm. I am always told that I would receive a credit in the mail and I never get a thing. When we come back I ask again and no one knows what I am talking about. I am stilled OWED $99.99 credit!!!

The rooms are run down, pool deck is cracked, pools are in need of repair, and the whole building needs money put in to it. Why isn't this place updated? Why aren't the owners putting money back in the DHS?

If your looking to drink low key then this is the place. But for families and couples go some where else. You kids will get hurt on the pool deck. Also the life guards are they even certified? I would not trust them to save anyone. I hope to hear back from someone from the DHS regarding these issues.

John

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruckus_C
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Hi John,
I'm glad I got the chance to hear from you. My family owns and operates the property, and we are closely involved in all aspects of the operation. We work around the clock maintaining the pools, after all, its the core of our business. In fact, we pump fresh hot mineral water into all 8 pools, at 200 gallons a minute, 24 hours a day 365 days a year.

I can say in confidence that we have the finest and most plentiful hot mineral water source in Southern California. With that said, we want to make sure the entire property is kept to equally high standards, and that is our mission.

Please email me regarding the billing issue, I would like to resolve this with you immediately. Email me at reggieb@miraclesprings.com

Thank you for your feedback, John.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

not a good place for families. The cheap day use pass attracts sketchy undesirables which create many problems. Two fights broke out while we were there one of which involved a transvestite pepper spraying a male in one of the spots tubs causing the police and fire department to respond.I will never stay there again unless I become homeless and want to use the facilities for bathing

• Stayed: February 2014
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

I'm sorry you had the unplanned for "excitement".. The Spa Hotel is an awesome place to hang out and is a lot of fun, but people's behavior doesn't always fall in line, as is the case at any facility anywhere. The Coachella Valley is home to many in the LGBT community and we certainly don't hold that against anyone. With that said, we have begun phasing in higher day pass rates to minimize traffic from the outside.

Thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were in Palm Springs for the day and had a few hours to kill before an evening party. For $7 each we got a day pass to the DHS Spa, and for another $1 a towel, and for another $1 a lock for a locker. We dipped into the pools at various temperatures, chatted with other guests, and generally kicked back and relaxed until it was time to use the showers and change back into street clothes. A great value!

The hotel is 20 to 30 minutes from Palm Springs, and right on the main drag -- easy to find. The facilities are a bit shopworn, but still within our comfort zone.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Hi Bob,
I'm so glad you stopped by in your spare time!! We have a great place to drop in for the day. Great rates and amazing courtyard oasis with 8 different hot mineral pools and spas.

We hope you find your way over here again!

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

checked in here from desperation as everything else was booked and I was too tired to drive the two hours back to San Diego. huge mistake. the worst mattresses ever next to motel 6 (maybe worse), can't sleep at all. rooms are large but shabby, walls are paper thin, can hear my neighbors above and to the side also not sleeping well. haven't tried the pools - may be a decent place for the springs during the day but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reggie B, Guest Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy our hot mineral water pools! Certainly would have been a super relaxing touch after a long drive.

We appreciate the feedback. Some of the mattresses need updating more than others, though we are replacing them all. I have actually been speaking with our mattress vendor this morning. We were making this order anyway, but reviews keep you honest and provide a sense of urgency to please our valued guests.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have stayed here many times, and each time was terrific. This time I took my little pet dog and the room was comfortable. As always the room and the food were wonderful, plus the staff were all awesome. I always enjoy my stay here.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reggie B, Public Relations Manager at Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

We are so glad you enjoy your stays with us! We hope you and your dog come back and see us soon!