We were here back in April, and it's quite nice to see that folks are taking more time to clean up around the pools. There was a lack of cigarette butts on the ground, which was great. Our main complaint this trip was the unevenness of the water temps in the evening. Both small pools along the room side were below 95 degrees at night, forcing folks into the two small pools by the spa services area. The two 100 degree pools were packed to the gills, so we didn't bother trying to get in. During the day the water temps were fine for all the pools, in the 100 degree range, but at night, they need to be monitored to make sure that people can actually use them without freezing. I did notice the fellow taking water temps during daylight hours; perhaps he can do so after dark to assure warmer tubs when the sun has gone down.
Our room phone kept going off around four thirty in the morning. When it would repeatedly ring during the day with no one on the other end, I called the front desk to ask if they were trying to get a hold of us. They said no, apologized for the issue (I guess they are upgrading the system?), and I unplugged the darned thing. Problem solved.
Restaurant was fine, and since I'd left my suit here last visit, the gift shop was a treasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel is famous for its natural hot mineral water! So come for the day and use our eight natural hot mineral pools. A classic example of retro 60s architecture, the Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel features fifty comfortable rooms wrapped around a large courtyard with towering palms and eight shimmering natural hot mineral spring pools open 24 hours. Spa-goers and sun worshipers come from far and wide to partake in the restful and relaxing atmosphere.Spas are nice, but natural mineral spring spas are paradise! We offer the desert’s most extensive and affordable spa therapies and beauty treatments in a fun, casual setting.You’ll also enjoy indoor and outdoor dining at the Sunshine Café, or sip your favorite beverage in the Sports Lounge or poolside while you sun and soak.And the Desert Hot Springs Spa is pet friendly! We also offer room service and wireless Internet for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Hot Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel CA - California Desert