so I have frequented this establishment for a couple months. Yes it is true, it is white trash central. But their have been no problems with other guests or day users. Kids galore which was fine since I have 2 small ones myself. My issues are with the hotel and most of the staff. I have spent close to a grand here in the last month just visiting for a few days at a time. Currently this will be my last stay. When I called and made my original reservation I asked if there were any specials... They didn't offer any. On my third day my children wanted to stay again and I went to the front desk to pay and seen a advertisment stating that pay 2 nights get the 3rd free. When I asked about it the lady behind the desk was brash and short. She stated that you had to ask for it when you called to make your original reservation. What really? I asked if there were any specials. Then she said that you had to get the discount from the internet. So I went back to my room reseached their website and several other websites, none of them had that offer. when I returned she threw away the advertisment and I was told there was nothing they could do......REALLY.
Onto my room. My countertop is cracked, not like a little crack but completely cracked in half. You have to hold down the handle on the toilet the entire time the toilet is flushing, Now the worst of all. My wonderful shower is full of the "body" (to put it nicely) hair, shampoo and body soap from the person above me. I have complained and it just doesn't seem to matter. As far as that saying of you get what you pay for... Well I have paid over $300.00 for these 3 days. So I would expect a little more from the staff than what I have got. So much for being a premium return guest, apparently they don't really want my money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel is famous for its natural hot mineral water! So come for the day and use our eight natural hot mineral pools. A classic example of retro 60s architecture, the Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel features fifty comfortable rooms wrapped around a large courtyard with towering palms and eight shimmering natural hot mineral spring pools open 24 hours. Spa-goers and sun worshipers come from far and wide to partake in the restful and relaxing atmosphere.Spas are nice, but natural mineral spring spas are paradise! We offer the desert’s most extensive and affordable spa therapies and beauty treatments in a fun, casual setting.You’ll also enjoy indoor and outdoor dining at the Sunshine Café, or sip your favorite beverage in the Sports Lounge or poolside while you sun and soak.And the Desert Hot Springs Spa is pet friendly! We also offer room service and wireless Internet for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Hot Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel CA - California Desert