“DELIGHTFUL RESPITE”

The Grotto at Two Bunch Palms Resort & Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The GrottoGrotto FB 2 300x199 The GrottoThroughout history, cultures have been drawn to water. The practice commonly known as ‘taking of the waters’ refers to thousands of years of social, medicinal & spiritual rituals created to experience the preventative, therapeutic, and restorative benefits of water. It is in these same rituals that we find the root of Spa.*The mineral waters found in The Grotto are first cooled and then they cascade into the two carved pool areas – one at 104 degrees and the larger at 99 degrees. It is one of the few mineral springs with no sulfurous odor, simply a woodsy scent. A canopy of trees filters the desert sun, but opens to the shimmer of moonlight, the sparkle of stars and the occasional nighttime flyover by our resident guardian white owls. The Grotto experienced at midnight is a heavenly delight, a thoroughly romantic indulgence.Two Bunch Palms Resort & Spa was named “Best for Mineral Springs” each year 2004 through 2010 by the readers of Spa Finder Magazine.
Reviewed March 18, 2014

An Oasis in the desert, our late morning appointment with rest and relaxation culminated in a wonderful lunch at the spa's restaurant. The spa facility is old and quaint but very clean and managed very well. The staff are personable and helpful and the place is run very well. The locker room is a community type situation and modesty should be left at home. The "waters" are in a Grotto location amid the lovely grounds and well groomed landscape. My masseuse was competent and effective. We used the offering of services at a fixed fee of $167 which included $25 toward lunch in the very modern restaurant and although service was slow, it was well worth the wait. Again, it needs to be mentioned that the staff there and in particular , the chef, were quite obliging and welcoming. An all around positive experience.

2  Thank meswinnipeg
"casita"
"healing"
"movie"

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My mother is turning 60 and celebrating the end of chemotherapy simultaneously. This is cause for huge, joyful celebration. I am ringing a bell at the airport, as she did the last day at the cancer treatment ward, and she is shocked that I'm in Palm Springs.
What is the best thing to do? Treat her with lithium rich waters to heal her body, a bathrobe I wanted to purchase it was so comfortable and a massage she will never forget, followed by scalp treatment helpful for her chemo-affected hair. Two Bunch was recommended to me by a woman down the road when I visited Anahata Springs before Mom arrived.
The staff treat her like a queen, and her massage therapist says with a glint in his eye as he takes her water, "your mom, she is so strong." My therapist transports me out of my body and into the ether with a sensual, healing touch.
We meet a couple of regulars also celebrating a birthday with cancer being part of their story also. Wellness comes in many forms. Friendship. Sharing. Water. Laughter. Celebrating.
As we sit in the grotto, mom looks at me and continually repeats her joy over being there. With her wicked humor, she quips, "I feel like I'm in the Bachelorette. I may give out a rose later."
We rest, we relax, we catch up and surrender. From a chemo treatment to a spa treatment on this palatial estate ensconced in mystery.
Some places are places and some places are memories with irresistible appeal from start to finish. Thank you Two Bunch Palms for being the latter.

2  Thank Sabrina S
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Exotic cuisine. Superb Servers. Casual relaxed atmosphere. Awesome location and valley views. Newly built and restored accommodations. New restaurant menu and Chef.

2  Thank Guy G
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Two Bunch Palms Resort is one of the first in the Valley. Gated, gorgeous grounds, beautiful accommodations, luxurious spa and hot spring pools, lovely gift shop and restaurant ... reservations required whether for lunch or dinner. Well worth visiting and, if you ask, you can usually check out the gangster's private quarters but the old 'getaway' tunnels have been closed for years. A bit on the pricey side but how often do you get to go to a famous gangster's desert hideaway?

2  Thank Marilyn H
See more reviews
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The only aspect that saves this run down relic of former glories are the actual technicians - the masseuses are amazing and no one is better with nails than Irma. However don't expect anything remotely resembling service anywhere else. The restaurant: when they bothered to come out from the back, the limited lunch menu had a decent salad. The front desk staff are clueless. My boyfriend and I were shown to a tiny change room with one plastic hangar, given one tiny locker to cram our things into. Note to new owners: cough up the 99 cents for new plastic slippers in a variety of sizes for your guests who are paying Four Seasons prices. And get an on site manager who will train staff to actually welcome guests, counsel them to not disparage other guests/staff in earshot of the public, and assign them the very simple task of fetching guests from the grotto area when it's time for their service (instead of abandoning them with no towels or chairs or refreshments).

We are going back to the Four Seasons. You all need to take some Disney training or your investment is in serious jeopardy.

3  Thank KMB33