Hope Springs
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
See available hotels
Emerald Springs(Desert Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Tuscan Springs Hotel and Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Desert Hot Springs Inn(Desert Hot Springs)
View Hotel
CJ Grand Hotel & Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
  • Pool
The Spring Resort & Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Sagewater Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Hacienda Hot Springs Inn(Desert Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Lido Palms Resort and Spa(Desert Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Ambassador Health Spa Hotel(Desert Hot Springs)
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
All reviewsmid centuryfrittatajoshua treepalm springshot springsrobes are providedevery morningbare bonesswimming poollove this placekitchenettetoiletriesdesertvibeaestheticstereolandscaping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2008

There are other reviews that have been written that go into detail about Hope Springs, so I will not repeat some of those already celebrated points.

I have been going to Hope Springs since it first opened in its current form -- that is going on seven years. I am a writer and I love to spend a week lolling in the best water in Desert Hot Springs and partaking of the healthy delicious breakfasts that Chloe greets us with in the morning. Fresh fruit -- papaya, pineapple, rasberries and blueberries, organic boiled eggs and sometimes a freshly made fritatta -- if Chloe feels like surprising us with something...the fridge is often stocked with cold water sweetened by slices of oranges and cucumbers and the teas (good loose)and coffee (Peet's) are excellent. In the heat of the summer there are cool lemon-grass scented washcloths to refresh you.

The layout of the spa-tel is beautiful -- the architecture -- striking and memorable -- one can lounge in the pools and look out over its low roofs to the mountains and watch the sun rise or set. The clouds can be great too -- great white cotton puffs or thin willowy strips which drift in the oh so blue sky. There are three pools -- the largest cooler one is to swim in (I like do do a few laps in the morning when everyone is sleeping) and a middle pool which is a perfect temperature to read in for hours or to chat with the other very interesting guests. The third and hottest pool is inspired by the Turkish hammam -- quite hot with a charming tin roof (in the round) with strong jets that ease your sore back. Sometimes, I just like to float in silence looking up at the roof -- feeling perfectly safe and dreaming of staying there forever.

As you lounge at the pool's edge a hummingbird will often flit by and stop in a nearby flower -- the hint of lemon blossoms waft over you as you sip your glass of yummy wine.

The feel of Hope Springs is totally unique -- I have travelled the world, but Hope Springs is special. It has a clean magic to it, its a hidden secret of a place, a place to clear your head, a place to rest and feel time drift as the sun moves through the sky and the shadows lengthen. The water itself has healing properties -- reminiscent of the great healing spas of Europe. But you can have fun too -- Palm Springs with all its distractions is 20 minutes away, and my husband and I love to go catch a movie or have a nice dinner, but we are always so happy to come back to Hope Springs where the sweet night air greets us as we stroll past the aquamarine pools lit up and sparkling alluringly. At this point, I just have to get in one more time before bed -- I get greedy for the rush induced by my body slowly sinking in to the warm, soft, silky water.

Don't forget to have a massage with Annica, the beautiful Swedish masseuse who is a naturalist and lives up in Joshua Tree (a fun day trip to hike) and drives down to take out all your knots and give you a glow that lasts.

I love Hope Springs and I haven't really wanted to share it with everyone -- that's why it's taken me awhile to write, but recently I've felt I was being selfish -- it has too much to offer -- I had to share! Have fun, if you go.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IsabelleLA
Reviewed May 21, 2007

Went with my boyfriend for a quick "get-away" and it was perfect. Beautiful little hotel with lovely, clean, breezy rooms. Each room has it's own little front patio area, great for fruit, toast and tea in the morning or drinks in the evening. The pools were very clean and the choice of refreshing swimming pool, Jacuzzi style pool and very hot enclosed pool was perfect for us at any time of day or mood. There was a stero in our room, but we brought our ipod w/speakers, it worked out great.

We went on a Sun. and Mon. and there were very few guests. We were told the rooms had been full over the weekend so we were very pleased to have the place almost all to ourselves.

Unfortunately we did not make full use of the kitchen and attempted to go to dinner in the town. I was not a fan of the town and next time I'll skip the restaurant and bring food for dinner and a few bottles of wine. The kitchen next to the pool seemed to be always open and I enjoyed having a hot cup of tea while quietly soaking in the pool late at night.

Of course, the best part of Hope Springs is the healing mineral water. I pruned myself silly in those pools.
Oh, and I have to add that the staff was VERY friendly. I read the other reviews and was surprised by some of the comments regarding the staff. I felt very welcomed and at home.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank elizabiz
Reviewed April 27, 2007

Hope Springs is in the town of Desert Hot Springs, across the freeway from Palm Springs. If you're looking for somewhere to chill out, this is the place. There are ten rooms, all facing out onto the 3 central pools. The latter are fed by hot springs and vary in temperature from 87F to 110F.

Rooms are simply decorated with lots of white. The beds are huge and amazingly comfortable, we slept very soundly. There are CD players in all rooms, though only some have fridges. My only complaint about our room is that the water temperature in the shower was very inconsistent - it jumped from freezing cold to scalding hot despite having not touched the controls.

Breakfast was a surprisingly extensive spread of fresh fruit, pastries, breads, eggs and cereals. Proprietor Chloe puts the food out on a table by reception around 8am and guests help themselves. There is a communal kitchen area which is accessible to guests at all times and stocked with a selection of herbal teas, fruit juices coffee and snacks.

Relaxation is the watchword at Hope Springs, I would have happily stayed longer than the two days we were there.

Desert Hot Springs itself is pretty non-descript, and t's about a 25 minute drive into Palm Springs from Hope. We ate at a restaurant called Copley's (621 N Palm Drive, between Tamarisk and Alejo) both evenings: the food was sensational and the service impeccable.

Anyone visiting Palm Springs should take a ride up the tramway. The change in flora, fauna and climate as one rises up the mountainside is fascinating.

Girls - make sure you check out LA boutique Trina Turk at 891 N Palm Canyon Drive. Also worth a visit is boutique hotel The Viceroy. I had a fantastic reflexology session at the Estrella Spa whilst my husband chilled out by one of the many pools.

We stayed in Palm Springs en route to Vegas and I would recommend that anyone doing the same take the scenic route along the 62. Turn right at Joshua Tree and into the West entrance of the National Park of the same name (not to be missed). This winding road will bring you out at Twenty-nine Palms. Wend your way up to the 15 freeway via the Amboy Road to Amboy. Turn right at Amboy and then left onto the Kelbaker Road to Kelso. At Kelso take the Cima Road through Cima and follow it all the way to the 15.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anna O'D
Reviewed April 16, 2007

We stayed here as one couple in a wedding party in April 2007. This is a great place to stay, if you understand and appreciate what it has to offer.

This is an old 1950s place that's been nicely renovated but doesn't have that overdone, delux feeling. The outside is nondescript and in a residential neighborhood; it's about 20 minutes from Palm Springs or Palm Desert, or 30 minutes from Joshua Tree.

You go into the (locked) foyer and into the hotel's central patio / pool area. The rooms all open into the central patio and the landscaping is done to give a sense of privacy into the rooms.

There is an interior foyer / sitting area with huge stacks of magazines, three mineral pools of varying temperatures, lawn chairs and recliners, a communal kitchen, a private room for spa treatments (which were *excellent* and well priced). The rooms are large, spacious and minimally furnished with a very comfortable low king bed, a nice CD player, a mini-fridge (very useful for snacks and cold drinks) and thick spa robes. The only downside to the room is that there's no bathtub (shower only). The rooms have big glass front wall that can be made private by pulling across a floor-to-ceiling curtain. The rooms are cooled by old fashioned "swamp" coolers. The hotel has wireless internet. The continental breakfasts are very good: fresh fruit, croissants and bagels, etc.

The overall feeling is of an old fashioned but well preserved, open-air, desert resort, a place out of time -- very quiet, very clean, well ordered (without feeling sterile), very relaxing. People seemed to get into the feeling of the place; there are never that many people around because there aren't that many rooms, but even when there were people around, they were quietly chatting, sitting in the pool and relaxing etc. It was never noisy or crowded.

I'm not usually into spas, but I really enjoyed this place and would go back. It provided the kind of unique hotel experience that you usually have to pay a lot more money for and that usually feels overpriced and pretentious.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank hibachi
Reviewed January 15, 2007

We spent the day touring spas in desert hot springs so we could plan a relaxing weekend for out-of-town parents. Hope Springs had been recommended by friends. What we found a desk person who was crinkle-nose condescending and seemed annoyed to help us. Maybe we weren't wearing the correct shoes or didn't have the right haircuts but for whatever reason, we didn't seem to pass muster in her eyes. If you feel the need to pass a coolness check with the help before booking a room, this is your place. If you want great facilities AND wonderful hosts, check out Miracle Manor, The Springs or The Highlander.

Stayed: January 2007