I am back in LA after such a great weekend in Palm Springs!
I stayed at the Two Bunch Palms Resort and Spa. The front entrance is easy to miss because it is unobtrusive and inconspicuous, there are beautiful flowers at the front and it is gated which masks the expansive size of the property! I like the fact that is is unassuming-a great get away for celebrities and famous people who want to hide from the meddling papparazzi.
Two Bunch Palms is beautiful, property is massive and has the all the elements one would want in a getaway: the calm and serenity that the spa and healing waters of the geothermal Grotto brings, the historic value of the Al Capone room-yes, this is where he stayed back in the day!, the beauty of nature in the surroundings. The huge property has a restaurant-we had a delicious breakfast/lunch-ask for the burrito!, gift shop, a spa, several casitas and cabanas (historic, new and Mediterranean), the orchard, and a lake filled with the ducks, fish and turtles who rush to you when they see you coming! They are tame and you can feed them and take lots of wonderful Facebook pictures that show you like St Francis of Assisi or Alice in Wonderland with al these animals around you. I had the desert vitality spa treatment-which included was the use of hot stones with arnica oil for soothing, then a desert salt scrub for exfoliation. After rinsing, it was a magnesium masque wrap, then followed by complete mosturization with shea butter. It is heaven-the best spa treatment I have ever had!
The hotel is so conveniently located to Palm Springs and Palm Desert and the other desert communities and also and so many neighboring cities like Los Angeles, San Diego or Las Vegas! Being a spa hotel-it has a whisper/soft talk policy in the common grounds, so it is not for children or rowdy spring breakers. However, the property is so big that it is not much of an issue. We stayed at the House on the Hill which was awesome, there are 3 bedrooms and we enjoyed the private Jacuzzi while looking at the view of Palm Springs below! Since it is separated from the rest of the hotel by a private road, you can be as noisy as you want up there! The hotel will soon be undergoing a renovation to update the rooms, but I hope it does keep the historic Al Capone casita intact with its period details. The staff is wonderful.
Highly recommended, can't wait to come back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marking 75 years in 2015, Two Bunch Palms has much to celebrate. Last year's incredible renovation of the 270-acre property resulted in 70 'soulful' new room accommodations, a farm-to-table restaurant Essense, passive solar earth mound yoga dome and a new View Point conference center and meeting facility with views of the valley against the San Jacinto Mountains. This physical transformation, including the addition of a 3.5-Acre solar field, puts Two Bunch Palms on the destination spa map as the first "Sustainable Wellness Resort" in North America and the first carbon-neutral resort. A legacy that spans several generations of guests-from notorious gangsters to Hollywood elite to romantic spa seekers-the property and its newest incarnation brings a rich and storied history full circle. This adult-only sanctuary (guests must be 18 or older) invites you to explore the four pillars of the resort: waters, spa, movement and cuisine. Their renowned, natural lithium-infused spring grotto features two mineral water pools carefully kept at a consistent temperature to ensure therapeutic and mood-enhancing properties. Guests are encouraged to "take to the 600-year old waters" and connect body with spirit before enjoying the spa well-known for its intuitive healers and authentic treatments. The new Essense restaurant features healthier gourmet dining prepared by a Le-Cordon Bleu trained chef with the help of a PHD nutritionist. With a nourished body, guests may partake in more than 35 wellness activities, such as meditation, art classes, tai chi, qigong and yoga in the beautiful new dome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Two Bunch Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Two Bunch Palms Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- 2 Bunch Palms Resort & Spa
- Two Bunch Palms Resort And Spa
- Two Bunch Palms Desert Hot Springs, CA - California Desert