We hadn't been here in a couple of years and were pleased to see that it was mostly the same great getaway it's always been. We've always appreciated the down-to-earth and laid back feel. Not snooty or elitist like some spa resorts can be. The spa and spa services are awesome (with some unique offerings) and they have some of the best therapists anywhere. The front desk and resort staff right down to the house- and grounds-keeping staff are also very helpful and friendly. With a little planning ahead you wouldn't have to leave the property your whole stay.
I recommend getting a larger room with the kitchenette and refrigerator so you can stock some snacks and do some of your own meals. The restaurant is very nice but it can add up fast. I'd recommend the restaurant for lunch and dinner - but I can't recommend the breakfast. Breakfast used to be a nice buffet but is now a menu service and the meal was mediocre at best (we sent one of our entrees back). Their liquor license came through on July 21. The rooms are pretty nice and very comfortable - a little worn around the edges maybe but everything has always worked fine.
We could tell that the staff (especially the spa staff) are pretty nervous about the recent change in ownership. There is concern about whether the character of the resort will change and whether the current staff will fit in with the new owner's strategy. Apparently there is an outside consultant evaluating everything - and everyone.... I really hope it doesn't change. The main reasons we come are for the quality of the spa staff and treatments, and for the relaxed and non-pretentiousness of the place. We have been turned off by other spa resorts that cater to a richer clientele and therefore put on airs. We are ordinary folks and have always felt welcome here.
Note that the website home page sports a SpaFinder logo for recognition they received in 2008 - but the resort does not accept SpaFinder certificates or gift cards. I think that's a little misleading so double-check on what they honor beforehand so you don't get surprised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marking 75 years in 2015, Two Bunch Palms has much to celebrate. Last year's incredible renovation of the 270-acre property resulted in 70 'soulful' new room accommodations, a farm-to-table restaurant Essense, passive solar earth mound yoga dome and a new View Point conference center and meeting facility with views of the valley against the San Jacinto Mountains. This physical transformation, including the addition of a 3.5-Acre solar field, puts Two Bunch Palms on the destination spa map as the first "Sustainable Wellness Resort" in North America and the first carbon-neutral resort. A legacy that spans several generations of guests-from notorious gangsters to Hollywood elite to romantic spa seekers-the property and its newest incarnation brings a rich and storied history full circle. This adult-only sanctuary (guests must be 18 or older) invites you to explore the four pillars of the resort: waters, spa, movement and cuisine. Their renowned, natural lithium-infused spring grotto features two mineral water pools carefully kept at a consistent temperature to ensure therapeutic and mood-enhancing properties. Guests are encouraged to "take to the 600-year old waters" and connect body with spirit before enjoying the spa well-known for its intuitive healers and authentic treatments. The new Essense restaurant features healthier gourmet dining prepared by a Le-Cordon Bleu trained chef with the help of a PHD nutritionist. With a nourished body, guests may partake in more than 35 wellness activities, such as meditation, art classes, tai chi, qigong and yoga in the beautiful new dome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Two Bunch Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 2 Bunch Palms Resort & Spa
- Two Bunch Palms Resort And Spa
- Two Bunch Palms Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Two Bunch Palms Desert Hot Springs, CA - California Desert