“Great way to try out mineral water experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Desert Hot Springs Spa
Cape Cod, MA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great way to try out mineral water experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2009

Went twice last week using day passes ($3 each on ladies day) ($5 each next time). What a bargain. The first day we went the outside temp was 56 F and very windy so slipping into the 104 degree hot spring water was wonderful. Since it was cool there was no one else in that hot tub and maybe 10 people grand total using the other pools.

I was very thankful to have read reviews of the area on Tripadvisor and booked a hotel in Palm Desert and rode up on route 10 each day rather than book a local hotel. The town of Desert Hot Springs is frankly pretty seedy looking. Having said that we did scope out the other day pass mineral bath possiblities and they looked OK. Swiss Health looked ok from the outside as well as Sam's campground on Dillon road but
we were well satisfied with the many hot tub choices at Desert Hot Springs Spa. The people who work there were very nice and explained how everything worked. We rented towels ($2) and changed in their changing rooms which were fine not luxurious but what you might find at a public pool. But for $3 we were very satisfied. Dry sauna was right there but we didn't get a chance to use it, looked good though. Not sure how the treatments were. The treatment rooms are right off the pool and looked OK.
Drink some of their local water while there, it's award-winning!

For the price it's a great way to try out the hot springs experience to see if you like it. We liked it so much we booked a day at Two Bunch Palms Resort which is maybe a mile away but costs $300 plus for a day in their hot springs and treatments!

2 Thank Yankdo

Walnut, CA
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 252 helpful votes
“Day Pass to Hot Springs - good deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2008

Went to the hot springs yesterday and used their day pass of $5 (before 3 pm; discounted after 3 pm). They are open from 8 am to 10 pm and with my research, this is one of the two places in the Palm Springs area that allow non-hotel guests use their hot spings facility (the other one is the Spa Hotel and Resort, operated by Agua Caliente Casino, $40 for day pass).

The hotel and the facility is very old and can definitely use some renovations. However, the changing room and the pools and area are very very clean and tidy. They claim that they are the only one with springs fed from both a hot and a cold aquifer, odorless. Honestly, I can't tell if it's special spring water or just from the tap. However, I do feel revitalized and energized after a few rounds of hot, follow by cold, dips, like I had been swimming for a lot time, but i didn't.

Popular with locals, no hot pool scenes at all but you'll be comfortable with seniors and families enjoying the pools and be less conscious about how you look yourself. Try it!

Tips:
-- bring your own towels and leave your valuables locked in the car.
-- bring sunscreens, book, water (not sure if they allow outside food), hat and sunglasses (or risk blinded by the sun)

13 Thank ariesgal
Claremont, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Won't Return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2006

The whole place is out of date. Could use a major renovation. The price is good and you get what you pay for. Some of the people there were a little shady looking. The locker rooms are disgusting. I wouldn't touch anything or use the showers. I didn't even want to put my bag in the locker because it was so rusted.

The staff was nice.

The club sandwich at the cafe was suprisingly good. The margarita was bad. I'm not sure there was any tequila in it because it was so sweet.

The spas were fairly clean. I did not stay at the hotel, but after seeing it I'm glad I didn't make reservations.

I don't think I will ever go back. I felt a little grossed out after a few hours. Could be nice if they cleaned it up a little.

3 Thank LRoseBuran
United States
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 184 helpful votes
“You can't go wrong on this one”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2006

I'm only a bit over an hour away from this spa, so I figured I'd check it out in the form of a day pass. I was very surprised that I had access to all the jacuzzis and the big pool for only 3 dollars. When I saw the pricing on their site, I figured there had to be a catch . . . they assured me that there wasn't. I came expecting to be charged for parking, you know, SOMEthing to up the price, but I really did get in for just three dollars.
I can't complain for three dollars but if you're reading this, you want something other than the positives. The negatives: uhm, well, I guess I could sight that it's a bit shabby looking and that a two families with kids came along, but that wasn't until about 3:30 P.M.. Yes, there was the prerequisite burping dude drinking in one of the pools with his wife, but so what, I only paid three dollars. Anyway, the day pass is the way to go . . . the hotel itself just looked motel six-ish.
Would I stay here? No, but if I was at a nicer place down the road and got tired of looking at the same place, I'd come over. Most visitors are day passers, and people, staff included, are definitely friendly. If I ran this hotel and spa, I'd kick the day passers out by sundown, to give the people staying there a reason for paying more.
Lastly, women only pay 3 on Wednesdays and men only pay 3 on Thursdays. Otherwise, during the week you pay 5 to visit. I don't know about the weekend prices. If you're one to two hours outside of this area, do what I did and come out and enjoy it. I'll go again.

2 Thank Forgottensage
A TripAdvisor Member
“Would not recommend”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2005

I made reservations based on the website photos. When I arrived, it was apparent the photos posted had not been taken of the actual spa. Unsanitary and rundown, I refused treatments and left.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member