“$5 Day Pass - All I Could Stand was $2.50 Worth”

Desert Hot Springs Spa
Los Angeles, California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“$5 Day Pass - All I Could Stand was $2.50 Worth”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Wanted to like this place whose better days are long past. Greeted by a friendly front desk staffer whose surly manager was only interested in berating her staff and counting the cash in the till. Nonetheless, we paid for day passes, rented towels and locks for the lockers.

The spa is a collection of pools of varying degrees of water temperature. The hottest about 104-105ºF. Unfortunately, there is no sense that the water is gurgling up from far beneath the earth. It's just a bunch of standard looking pools in need of some maintenance.

The relative quiet of the place ended around noon with live music provided by a two-person band. Ruined the relaxed vibe I was hoping for. We left soon after and won't be going back.

Visited December 2013

Oceanside, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Chlorinated pool NOT hotsprings....”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Unfortunately all so called hot springs in the city of Desert Hot Springs are chlorinated and not free flowing natural hot springs. Once the water has been manipulated with chlorine it is no longer a natural hot spring experience. I do not think any naturalist person would spend anytime soaking in a pool full of chlorine, it defeats the whole purpose of a natural hot spring. I was a day use customer and only there for what we thought were natural desert hot springs. The water actually comes from the city. We spent 10 minutes in the water and the smell of chlorine was so unpleasant we left. Again, this NOT a natural hot spring experience but a hotel swimming pool experience.

15 Thank DavidMSomers
Yucca Valley, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Spa & Hotel”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My Wife & I Have Stayed Here A Couple Of Times In The Past. We Have Always Had Clean Rooms And Enjoyed Those Great Naturally Hot Mineral Waters! We Will Come Back Often!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank erdo41
Sarasota, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Water is great but facilities need improvement”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was my second time to visit these pools for day use and I am surprised that there were no apparent improvements made since I was here two years ago. The cooler pool has tape holding tiles in place...how do you suppose they clean that pool with tape? My guess is not, only that the water gets changed. At an affordable 3.00 for day use, it is clear why the local seniors gravitate to it for heat therapy and why there are always tons of kids...not a very relaxing environment. Maybe evening is different but since it is still hot in the evening I suspect big families continue to use these natural waters as their own backyard pool. It could be so much more with a little effort and dollars. But maybe they really want to keep it low end so the more discerning mineral water seekers pay the higher price and go next door to Miracle Springs...or spend more dollars to go to a high end resort a few miles away, but without the natural water. Having grown up in colorado I had my pick of hot springs and just came from Ouray Hot Springs last week...let me just say I wish I had stayed and enjoyed them longer because there is a huge difference in facilities from Ouray to Desert Hot Springs.

Visited August 2013
Desert Hot Springs, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Natural Hot Springs”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Desert Hot Springs is the best kept secret in North America. In Europe, one would pay premium prices for the luxury of enjoying these healthy, clean, hot mineral springs. Each spa in town offers something different in ambiance but all give excellent service. Come in, relax, pamper yourself and stay awhile.

Visited October 2012