New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Delano
ca
“I like to stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2009

This hotel is so nice brekfast was wonder full hot breakfast I stay so many rodeway inn this is nice frendly staf helpfully people I like to stay I will tell all of my friend to stay here because us cheap and nice beter than other hotel in this economy

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shailesh1018

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
los angeles, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

friendly, comfortable, affordable, centrally located, excellent service and great rooms.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank LosAngeles_CaRabbit
Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

En route to Sequoia National Park, my boyfriend and I stopped in Delano for the night. The Best Western was full, so our second try was with the Rodeway Inn. Even though it was late at night, the manager was prompt and courteous in booking us a room. The room was spotless and huge. In the morning, the complimentary breakfast was ample. Overall, the stay was quite pleasant, and definitely a bargain considering how cheap it was!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mssmymrbls
Conesus, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

We're a western New Youk couple that just completed a 25th anniversary/second honeymoon trip in California - 18 days that included 10 different motels. Some were quite expensive and some were quite nice - but this one was top value - inexpensive and totally enjoyable. Our room at the Rodeway was spotless and included all the amenities - as one would expect. Less expected were the neat and clean grounds, the safe and secure feel of the place, and the well-maintained pool (they need one - Delano is hot!). Finally, Sunny, the hotel operator, was as helpful and couteous as can be - he even volunteered to call a place we wanted to visit - he found the number, then gathered and explained to us directions from the motel to the rural outpost we were seeking. a VERY ENJOYABLE VISIT

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Duluth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

Not many choices to choose from in Delano. I am Choice Member, so I'd figure that I could safely stay at this Rodeway Inn, in Delano. Boy was I wrong. This was the filthiest place I've ever stayed at. The person at the counter was rude and had a real bad attitude. The whole place smelled really bad. I tried to cancel, but they charged me anyway, so I ended up staying the night. I guess it was the only way this place made money, by charging unknowing people for the rooms that they never stayed in. I contacted Choice Hotel customer relation to complain and they said each place is independently owned, so there was nothing they could do. They did offer to give me a $25 coupon for stay at other locations, which was a very nice gesture. I respectfully rejected the offer, since my stay left such a bad impression. So if you want to spend $65 to $85 for a night (that's with triple A and whatever discounts for a single. They charge more for additional people) if you don't mind fighting with whatever is crawling around, if you can put up with nothing working in your room' and if moldy stinky smell of rotten carpet doesn't bother you, so you can save $10, then this is the place for you. I should have checked out the reviews before I stayed here.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank TomRoland2

Travelers are raving about these Delano hotels

garden grove
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

I made reservation for 2 nights at this hotel. At check-in, I noticed how filthy everything was, and tried to cancel. The general manager wouldn't let me. He said he would do me a favor by letting me cancel the 2nd night, but must charge me for the first night. I decided to go ahead and stay. As I expected, the room was filty, towels were not clean, and there was a horrible smell.
I went across the street and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and it was a huge difference. I paid an additional $15, but along with that I got breakfast, clean room, fitness center, and an awesome night of sleep.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank 1kylejames
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

I have stayed at the Roadway Inn before, one or two times a year for the last five years, this time the rooms (we had 3) were not very clean, carpet dirty, rooms dusty, refrigerator didn't work, towels old and worn-out and the Vending Machine did not work. The rooms cost $89.99 plus tax at 10% total of $98.99.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jewwalker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delano
Americas Best Value Inn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Wasco Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn
BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn
#2 of 4 in Porterville

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!