“As Expected....”

Holiday Inn Express Delano Hwy 99
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Delano
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just stayed one night at this freeway adjacent property. the rooms were clean and comfortable. Just as I would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. I thought the price was a little high for the location. Overall expreience was good.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed one night when travelling between Sequoia NP and Death Valley (great location for this purposes - not far from Sequoia NP (i.e. it is not hard to travel hear after the whole day in park) and comfortable distance from Death Valley (i.e. it is not hard to travel in Death Valley early mirning and to have the whole day in Death Valley). Great and very comfortable hotel for its price, free wi-fi, diverse breakfast (including fruits and yogurts).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Izamaria
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Ok for a single night stay but I've been in many better holiday inn Express's. I am sitting in a better one while I type.

Room was standard Holiday inn. Bed was comfy, room was clean, and it was everything a holiday inn express is.

The negatives:
There was no weights in the work out room.
The water pressue in the shower/tub was terrible.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Delano Hwy 99, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Sacnvr2l8,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our gym less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel to attend a funeral in Delano, CA. It seemed clean upon check in but when I arrived to my room it became a whole different story! As I set my laptop down on the desk and turned the light on, I noticed the lamp shade had some dark red stains! Then, I looked over to the curtains (desk was near window) and it also had dark red stains. As I looked closer, the stains appeared to be dried blood. I quickly took out my iPhone, took pics of the stains, and walked over to the front desk. I told the employee that it appeared that someone had been injured in my room as there were blood stains everywhere. She looked at the pictures and said she would notify the housekeeping staff in the AM as the hotel was fully booked. No denial on the blood stains so I assume there had been some sort of altercation in the room. It was so difficult to sleep that night as I had so desperately wanted 9 am to come (when housekeeping arrived) so I could switch rooms! The next day when a room became available a nice gentlemen had knocked on my door to show me a room that had recently been cleaned. He took the time to show me the new room and made sure I was 100% satisfied. The room was definitely better and I appreciated his concern. You can't really expect too much from a Holiday Inn so I gave this hotel three stars for the following reasons: --Complimentary breakfast (cereal, yogurt, eggs, sausage, cinnamon rolls, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, bagels, toast, coffee, apple, orange, and passion fruit juices).
-Complimentary wireless internet in room.
-Fridge and microwave in room.
-Laundry on site (second floor, $1.50)
-Comfortable beds.
-Flat screen TV.

There aren't many options in Delano but this hotel is probably one of the better ones. Had I not seen the stains, I would've said this hotel was just a little bit above average.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Ok, if you must stay in Delano.....This is a good choice. For the money, you get a clean comfortabe room with a great bathroom and shower. The TV's need to be upgraded to hanging flat screens to free up some counter space, but the rooms always seemed clean with no oders. The beds and coverings are nice and I slept well. They do have an adequate pool and hot tub outside. They also have breakfast,starting pretty early, powdered eggs and sausage and such. I think I stayed there the better part of three weeks off and on in Aug. and would totally stay again if I had the good (or miss) fortune of being sent to the area to work. The staff was friendly and helpful, and always looked tidy and put-together. Also there is a pizza place accross the parking lot with a quality feeling bar attached to it where I sang kareoke on Wed. nights!!!! You won't leave there feeling dissapointed or neglected. Thumbs up, fo sho.

Room Tip: I like upstairs myself. The cars and work trucks back right up to your window on the first.....
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank semi-local
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I've endured so many cramped breakfast dining areas that this was a real treat. Plenty of space between tables, ample room around the serving area, lots of windows for natural lighting -- and a gas fireplace for ambience! A genuine Kern County hot breakfast complete with biscuits and gravy, eggs, and sausage.

And a quality stay in general. Very clean. Courteous service. Comfortable chair and attractive modern art in room, plus about ten pillows (what's that about?). Quiet except for some minor train noise, not enough to be a problem.
Price seemed a little high for Delano (AAA discount was just a few $$), but it was worth the splurge. Only gripe was the usual blocky building surrounded by asphalt. Could have used a small landscaped courtyard.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank arbornet
Reviewed July 10, 2011

If you're traveling to Delano, this hotel is very clean, new and modern, good breakfast, and pleasant staff. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank captkdk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delano
Best Western Liberty Inn
Motel 6 Delano
#4 of 7 in Delano
Best Western Plus Wasco Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Delano Hwy 99? Share your experiences!