“Friendly staff”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Delano
Sacramento, California
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I would stay at this Best Western hotel in Dinuba again, it was good value for the money and accomadations were excelent. The breakfast area was pleasant, the breakfast was adequate. Convenient to the highway and the staff was very helpful at checkin and checkout.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Peoria, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had an excellent stay and would recommend this hotel to friends and family. When we checked in the staff was beyond helpful. Every need we had and question we had was addressed on the spot. The room was excellent and clean. The bed was more than you would expect from a motel. We went down for breakfast and lacked nothing that we would have expected to be on the menue.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWLibertyinn, Manager at Best Western Liberty Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear John W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you describe our rooms as "excellent and clean." We always want to make sure everyone has a clean, comfortable room to stay in. Thank you again and we hope to see you again down the road! We wish you safe travels!
santa barbara, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I visit Delano as often as possible to visit a loved one at a State Correctional Facility. The staff at this hotel treats me like family and I feel safe in a desert/agricultural town with minimal outside entertainment. It is convenient to dining and convenience stores, and I stay at Liberty Inn Delano because of the way the staff has treated me over 4 years. If you are unfortunate enough to have an incarcerated loved one, at least you can feel like you're in a caring environment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWLibertyinn, Manager at Best Western Liberty Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Laurie D,

We know you have choices and we are honored that you choose to stay with us when you come to visit your loved one in Delano. We are happy to hear that you feel our hotel is a "caring environment." It has been our pleasure to provide you with your lodging needs over the past 4 years, and we look forward to continue doing so! Thank you!
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I made a reservation just a day in advance and had an extremely helpful person on that call, Naomi. She answered all my questions and ensured that I was signed up for the Rewards program with Best Western. At check-in I met Christina who was very personable and helped with dining suggestions in the area. My room was Quiet, Clean and had a quality TV with plenty of viewing choices. Got a good night's sleep in a comfy, clean bed. There was a pool and spa available which I did not use, they looked nice and inviting but I was too tired from traveling. Free continental breakfast was pretty standard with all items being fresh and tasty. My overall experience convinced me to change my travel route between California and Arizona so that I can stay here in the future. For me, this was a great find!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Tim L,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay with us! And we thank you for all your kind words regarding our staff and our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you describe our rooms as "quiet," "clean," and with a "comfy, clean bed." We invite you back to stay with us whenever you pass through the Delano area on your long road trips!
Phoenix
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by our stay at the Best Western in Delano California. We were on our way up north and randomly selected the hotel. The front office staff were extremely friendly, the room was very clean and the bed was so comfy. We had breakfast at the Denny's next door and again were met with amazingly friendly people. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BWLibertyinn, Manager at Best Western Liberty Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Connie P,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about your experience with us. It always brings a smile to our faces when we hear such kind words like yours. We are thrilled to hear you describe our staff as "extremely friendly," our room as "very clean," and our bed as "so comfy." We invite you back to stay with us the next time you pass through Delano! We look forward you to your next stay! Thanks again!
Minnesota
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here on a Sunday night. It is easy to get to to, right off of Hwy 99. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have a dirt lot for larger vehicles, which is handy. There are a couple restaurants nearby, nothing spectacular (Denny's and a local joint). The rooms are average, walls are thin and the beds are OK. Breakfast... eh, I grabbed a banana and hit the road. So, for the price it isn't too bad, don't expect anything fancy but it's better than others for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BWLibertyinn, Manager at Best Western Liberty Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Creekguy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us! We are happy to hear you describe our staff as "friendly and helpful." We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again down the road!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Haha...for one thing, I cannot for the life of me get a good night's sleep in most hotel rooms. It's been awhile. I actually got a good 9 hour sleep. Now, mind you, the walls ARE thin. I could hear a small child making small laughter with squeaking, but it was kept to a minimum. The next morning, I could hear the other room waking up, but I was already up anyway.

Ok...now for the negatives, but they're insignificant. My room faced Highway 99 and the railroad tracks. I did not hear any freeway noise nor any trains. But, I did hear the train horn around 7am on a Sunday morning. Just so you're aware, but I was up anyways. The bathroom setup is a bit awkward. As soon as you enter the room, the sink & mirror are right there...by the door. The shower/tub & toilet are in an enclosed room. If I had to nitpick, the complimentary breakfast wasn't that great. The room was small, so if you happen to be caught during a peak time, good luck to 'ya. There is a Jack in the Box and a Denny's just adjacent to the property and a couple of other places within walking distance.

You're probably thinking...why the 4-star rating? The fact that I got a good night's sleep. The beds were comfortable and the sheets felt luxurious. I liked how they give you 4 pillows, but I technically used only 2 of them. The room was spacious and it had a microwave and a refrigerator. I only used the refrigerator. It also had an iron/ironing board and enough room for me to do a small workout next to my bed. Check in/check out were both great.

Room Tip: I would have thought rooms facing the freeway/train tracks would be bad, but it didn't bother me...